The 7th Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World?? Your New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not much of a surprise here, but always interesting to think and remember how far the Kraft family has moved the needle on this franchise.. they have come a really long way since Bob Kraft paid 175 million for them in 1994. The Pats are the second most valuable NFL Franchise..

1. Cowboys 5.0 Billion
2. Yankees 4.6 Billion
3, Real Madrid 4.24 Billion
4. Barcelona 4.02 Billion
5. Knicks 4.00 Billion ( and they suck)
6. Manchester United 3.81 Billion
7. New England Patriots 3.8 Billion + 3% increase over last year.

Added note: the Boston Red Sox are tied at #12 with the LA Rams at 3.2 billion ( Sox had a 14% increase over last year)

The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2019

Incredible that teams who host only 8 regular season home games can generate so much revenue and create so much value

Last edited:
Out of the American teams, only the Pats win titles consistently. The Yankees have spent close to $2 billion since 2009 and only have 1 WS to show for it.

Out of the American teams, only the Pats win titles consistently. The Yankees have spent close to $2 billion since 2009 and only have 1 WS to show for it.
Sox have won 4 titles in 15 years. That's Patriots-esque (until recently) but not nearly as dominant.

Eyeball math tells me they've spent about $500m less than NYY over that span. With that said Sox have outspent them the last 2 years.

Sox have won 4 titles in 15 years. That's Patriots-esque (until recently) but not nearly as dominant.

Eyeball math tells me they've spent about $500m less than NYY over that span. With that said Sox have outspent them the last 2 years.

Yeah, I meant the only American team on the OP’s list...

Wow...Spanish teams very high too...3 and 4...

Incredible that teams who host only 8 regular season home games can generate so much revenue and create so much value
That's easy when you rob and fleece taxpayers of their hard earned coin.

Wow...Spanish teams very high too...3 and 4...

They have been the two most successful teams in the most popular sport in the World for 15 years (Real has been the most successful team for like 70 years) + their rivalry + Ronaldo vs Messi before Ronaldo moved to Juventus + new accessibility in NA in the last 5 years.

That'll drive your value up.

Also Uk soccer teams are well positioned...but coming back to the Patriots...What an incredible run...for old fans like me i am still sometimes thinking if this is true...and in a relative short period of time...

Not much of a surprise here, but always interesting to think and remember how far the Kraft family has moved the needle on this franchise.. they have come a really long way since Bob Kraft paid 175 million for them in 1994. The Pats are the second most valuable NFL Franchise..

1. Cowboys 5.0 Billion
2. Yankees 4.6 Billion
3, Real Madrid 4.24 Billion
4. Barcelona 4.02 Billion
5. Knicks 4.00 Billion ( and they suck)
6. Manchester United 3.81 Billion
7. New England Patriots 3.8 Billion + 3% increase over last year.

Added note: the Boston Red Sox are tied at #12 with the LA Rams at 3.2 billion ( Sox had a 14% increase over last year)

The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2019
Pats would be at least third if they kept their real uniforms
bef1fe895cd31ddc69cc55b04169cf17.jpg

Expenditure promoting ugly, insulting flying elvis & fake uniform: $ 58.3 million

Lost additional revenue from sales of original logo merchandise & marketing: $ 641.0 million

Expenditure promoting ugly, insulting flying elvis & fake uniform: $ 58.3 million

Lost additional revenue from sales of original logo merchandise & marketing: $ 641.0 million

I agree, I liked those uniforms as well, but they needed to update Pat Patriot... the one they have used for 40+ years looks as though it was done by a 6th grade art contest... possibly 5th grade.

For the first time ever, I really wanted a "very funny" icon. I had to settle for funny. :)

I agree, I liked those uniforms as well, but they needed to update Pat Patriot... the one they have used for 40+ years looks as though it was done by a 6th grade art contest... possibly 5th grade.
I'm sorry you didn't like it, but what I notice is:

1. Intricately detailed artistry, historically accurate attire, likewise accurate and appropriate football pose, enthusiastic and inspiring expression on subject.

2. Far more human and relatable than other franchise's logos, incomparably patriotic.

3. Established tradition for 33 years, from our inception and on our helmets since '61.

So, while other teams' logos & uni's suck by comparison, DAL SF PIT GB & OAK kept their established and familiar look, thus maximizing their marketability through generations (and not insulting their older base), and maximizing their profits and market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back