PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 4x Merged "Fans and/or Kraft Should Sue" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smear campaign is disgracing this team unlike anything I have ever seen (without NESN involved at least). Hope this pours fuel on the fire. Maybe Kraft can find his balls and sue

It's the only way any accountability is going to happen...until it happens then the media is just going to continue to say whatever they want and whip the fans into a frenzy.

Until that happens it will never happen.....ever.

My opinion on the media and their relationship with this team has been mentioned several times since joining this board almost 10 years ago....minimal access??...ok we'll just throw up what we want and no one is gonna be able to do two jacks about it...

he'll figure out some other stadium experience to keep it going
Didn't you see? There's a bunch of improvements this year:
Watch to see the latest and greatest offseason additions to Gillette Stadium. Get an inside look at the brand new Draft Kings Fantasy Sports Zone, the Cross Pavilion, and Optum Field Lounge.

There's one step first.

Put out a ringing, detailed statement of the actual facts -- not just piecemeal, but all the various stuff people make allegations about.

Then say that anybody who contradicts those in a defamatory way is subject to being sued.

There will be plenty of articles making accusations that are not legally defamatory; that's OK. There also will be articles disagreeing with them. After that dust has cleared, then assessments can be made about who needs to be sued, or at least threatened with lawsuits.

This!
Suing the NFL ain't gonna fly.
However, Jonathan (I've given up on Bob) should do as you say.
Completely refute point by point in great detail.
Challenge BOTH espn & SI AND the an-named owners and team execs to step up IN PUBLIC and repeat their accusations and face lawsuits for their behavior.

Hell, he might as well go down with the ship. He won't go broke over doing so, having made enough money to last 8 lifetimes. But **** it. Join some of the crusaders in Washington and go after the god damn antitrust exemption. Maybe we can see Goodell and the other 31 collectively **** their pants on live television. But that's wishful thinking. Kraft's more concerned about his wallet that anything else.
Actually, wouldn't removing the exemption make him wealthier?

Imagine a world where there's no salary cap and they have the right to negotiate their own TV rights. That would put more value on Dallas, Boston/New England, Washington, NY x-Buffalo, LA franchises. Perhaps it's time to threaten the majority of owners that cannibalizing our/his team for the sake of parity is bad for business.

I don't think anything from today's OTL report is actionable even if Kraft wanted to sue. If there's going to be anything actionable in all of this, it's the deliberate false leak slander campaign waged by the NFL throughout Deflategate.

Removing the NFL's anti-trust exemption would only affect TV rights negotiation (not that that's a small thing).

The draft, salary cap, etc. exist because of the CBA with the NFLPA.

I don't think anything from today's OTL report is actionable even if Kraft wanted to sue. If there's going to be anything actionable in all of this, it's the deliberate false leak slander campaign waged by the NFL throughout Deflategate.

I am not talking about this. I am talking about going after the league for Deflategate and expose the fraud it was.

Actually, wouldn't removing the exemption make him wealthier?

Imagine a world where there's no salary cap and they have the right to negotiate their own TV rights. That would put more value on Dallas, Boston/New England, Washington, NY x-Buffalo, LA franchises. Perhaps it's time to threaten the majority of owners that cannibalizing our/his team for the sake of parity is bad for business.
The antitrust exemption wouldn't remove the salary cap. It would (negatively for the league) impact the way TV rights are negotiated.

next owners meeting ask the simple question: 'moving forward, is this how we are doing things from now on? are we going to be a league of teams stabbing each other in the back? I can do that, and I bet we can get better at it than anyone else.....because we do everything better than anyone else, which is why you have to resort to this crap to try to level the playing field.....now I will do it too'

The antitrust exemption wouldn't remove the salary cap. It would (negatively for the league) impact the way TV rights are negotiated.

This is correct. For general clarification, the antitrust exemption relates to collective negotiation of broadcast rights.

Draft, salary cap, etc. is collectively bargained as part of the CBA. This only goes away if the union decertifies, in the absence of a CBA, and/or if it's bargained out of the CBA.

Seems like the Patriots organization has simply assumed a stance of "quiet defiance". They're not fighting, but they're quick to respond to BS, and Jonathan Kraft has seemed to be let off his leash a little bit more lately.

Get Ray Donovan on the phone....Kraft will get him that 3% of an NFL team he wants

We Pats fans should file a class-action suit against the NFL for Fraudulent and unethical behaviour and whatever else a good lawyer can think of based on the NFL's ridiculousness of everything from Spygate to Bountygate to Deflategate.

We should ask for the an full apology to Patriots fans for dragging the team through the mud, a return of the draft picks and fines from Deflategate, and lawyer's fees.

I'd file it in the NYSD and hope to get Berman.

No. Stop it. Filing nuisance lawsuits does nothing and makes people looks stupid.

It's not a nuisance lawsuit. Or do you think that the NFL purposely trying to damage the reputation of a team and ruin that team by cutting it's competitive edge and therefore, essentially fixing games isn't an issue?

Let's start by revoking certain press passes.
Then, let's send the Barstool boys on road trip to Bristol for reconnaissance/harrassment
Next....New Englanders must stand together and boycott the products of advertisers. Better yet, lets have a New England Tea Party and burn sh*t
And Thursday night.......ESPN SUCKS chants....Fire Goodell chants.....Budweiser Sucks chants...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes