PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2nd Patriots dynasty does not happen without Edelman. > NFL Hall of Fame.

So, to sum up, you just get to make up what constitutes a crucial moment according to however you feel in a given moment.

Sorry, but that's not a viable definition.

Also, using your definition, neither the Welker drop nor the Edelman ATL catch would qualify as one of those crucial moments.
An Edelman drop when up 45-7 with 30 seconds left in the game is not the same as a Welker drop when you're up 21-17 with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter trying to get into field goal range.

Everyone knows one is a crucial moment and one is not. Including you.

This does happen every once in awhile.

Gale Sayers won nothing and played only six years but was so superior as a player.

Lynn Swann made it really based on two Super Bowl catches.

Advocates for JE really need to harp the post season stats because he is second to Jerry Rice.
Lynn Swan had 3 All Pros and 3 Pro Bowls and was an overall more efficient receiver in a less pass friendly era so it’s harder to compare

I agree...Sorry to pick nits however, but the score at halftime was 21-3; Atlanta scored a TD on their first possession of the 2nd half to make it 28-3.
That's more than a "nit" IMO.

21-3 at the half is a three score game with two full quarters ahead. Most successful teams have to overcome something like that in a season. So, I was very! concerned at that point of the ATL game but still felt it was within reach.

However, the TD towards the beginning of the third quarter made it a four score game. That's when, from both momentum and numbers perspectives, I started to think, "ok, it's hard to see #5 coming out of this."

I've only been to two Super Bowls. Both against the Giants. :yuck: And I just realized that the Asante and Welker drops were both right in front of me.

I guess I've been repressing those memories like crazy.

I've only been to two Super Bowls. Both against the Giants. :yuck: And I just realized that the Asante and Welker drops were both right in front of me.

************, dude.

Oh wait…

So, to sum up, you just get to make up what constitutes a crucial moment according to however you feel in a given moment.

Sorry, but that's not a viable definition.

Also, using your definition, neither the Welker drop nor the Edelman ATL catch would qualify as one of those crucial moments.

The Welker one was pretty crucial.. they had a 2 point lead with 4 minutes left at the 50, with only 1 timeout left for the Giants. If Welker catches that ball, they're down at the redzone, worst case they run it down to the 2 minute warning and go up by 5, best case they get another first down and basically seal the game

The Welker one was pretty crucial.. they had a 2 point lead with 4 minutes left at the 50, with only 1 timeout left for the Giants. If Welker catches that ball, they're down at the redzone, worst case they run it down to the 2 minute warning and go up by 5, best case they get another first down and basically seal the game
I'm not arguing that it wasn't a big play. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't fit Bormio's definition.

An Edelman drop when up 45-7 with 30 seconds left in the game is not the same as a Welker drop when you're up 21-17 with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter trying to get into field goal range.

Everyone knows one is a crucial moment and one is not. Including you.

You're so far off the mark that I'll just assume you're still not ready for real conversations. Maybe in a couple of days...

Not really
Edelman’s career yards per reception is 11, Swann’s is 16.3.
Lynn Swann was 2nd in TD’s in 78, 4th in yards in 77, 2nd in TD’s in 75. Edelman was never top 5 in any of those stats. Lynn has 1 more ring and also has a SB MVP

Edelman’s career yards per reception is 11, Swann’s is 16.3.
Lynn Swann was 2nd in TD’s in 78, 4th in yards in 77, 2nd in TD’s in 75. Edelman was never top 5 in any of those stats. Lynn has 1 more ring and also has a SB MVP

You were not alive in the 70's it appears.

So you're finally admitting both drops were your fault.

So you're finally admitting both drops were your fault.
Well, kinda. I haven't been to a Super Bowl since and we're 3 of 4 since then, so I'm probably mostly at fault. Sorry friends!

Well, kinda. I haven't been to a Super Bowl since and we're 3 of 4 since then, so I'm probably mostly at fault. Sorry friends!
R5p9G94.gif

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back