PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2023 Draft Binkie Thread

Binky change. Probably for awhile.
Devon Witherspoon.
Witherspoon, Jack Jones, and Marques Jones (slot), now were talking.
I watched full games (Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue) and Witherspoon could be generational.

He is not that fast I think. We will see at the combine. 40 times are over-rated but important for WR and CB. The NFL is a faster game (Hill and Waddle).

Can kick out a stronger, heavier Cole Strange out to LT.

This guy could compete at LG with a modestly resigned Wynn or someone else.

Wynn is not a OT. Period.

Wynn doesn’t like football, he takes the money and heads for IR ASAP. F him

Tank Dell, WR Houston. See above. May even be more shifty and elusive than Flowers. Honestly, I’m not ashamed to admit I’m greedy, and I want BOTH Flowers AND Dell on the Pats. Hell, if Miami can have Waddle and Hill, why can’t we have Flowers and Dell ?
I just stumbled upon a video of Tank Dell
Last night & this guy can stop on a dime & change direction at an elite level.

He is quite short, but he can go get the ball

It will be interesting to see how he does as a pro.

More I look at Alabama, Brian Branch just keeps hitting me this kid screams Belichick.
He does everything and was the best tackler in College Football last year, 90+ Tackles.
Man, I like his smarts and versatility

For me what he does 4.45 or under would be fantastic.
Agreed but we still would not have a CB #1 on the outside that is 6'+ who can run with fast X receivers. Not sure we want to use #14 without getting a CB #1 or a LT.

Jason Dumas FAMU. Probably won’t even get drafted but I’ll be pulling for him.

Hunter Luepke Fullback North Dakota State. 6’1” 235. What I like about him is he’s so versatile. Lined up at fullback, halfback, TE, and even split wide once in a while. He runs hard and low to the ground, is an excellent blocker at FB, and has good hands, saw him make some excellent TE like catches in his career. IF BOB and the Pats go back to a traditional FB, this guy would be a great pick.

+1 ... Power and versatility. Picture Rhamondre lining up with this guy to lead him.

I know he's probably dead to you, but any input on Trey Palmer while he was at LSU before transferring to Nebraska? Seems similar to Jameson Williams' situation where he couldn't get it going at Ohio State, moved to Alabama then BAM.
Husker fan here. Palmers a game wrecker. First the negatives. Hands aren’t the greatest and as mentioned only a year of big production. But man his big play ability is something that’s lacking in this offense.

Husker fan here. Palmers a game wrecker. First the negatives. Hands aren’t the greatest and as mentioned only a year of big production. But man his big play ability is something that’s lacking in this offense.
With so many other WR's being mentioned I feel we could get Trey Palmer in the Third or Fourth round I really like his game.

With so many other WR's being mentioned I feel we could get Trey Palmer in the Third or Fourth round I really like his game.
3rd would be excellent value. I’d honestly have no issues grabbing in the 2nd if we go another position at 14.

OT Paris Johnson (Ohio State) - Although I doubt he will fall to us.
IOL Alan Ali (TCU) - IOL is not a big need. But he should last till well into Day 3.
WR Jake Bobo (UCLA) - Not all that fast. But a tall, polished, red-zone threat.
TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan) - All around TE. Not our biggest need. But I really like him. Also a Connecticut native
CB Mike Sainristil (Michigan) - Probably more of a nickle. From Everett, Mass.
WR Derius Davis (TCU) - Tiny, but quick as a hiccup.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back