PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2022 Draft Binky Thread

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Ok, it’s that time. Have a few draft binkies for the Pats, mostly on the offensive side of the ball.

Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati, depending on the combine, he’s a Cooper Kupp type, but bigger and much faster. Great hands. Kupp is on another level right now, but I can see Pierce being comparable coming out of college.

Christian Watson, WR NDSU, another BIG and fast WR. He just seems to always get open, especially deep.

Some slot receivers that fit in the Brown/Welker/Edelman/Amendola mold.

Britain Covey WR Utah.
Kyle Philips WR UCLA

Some interesting TE’s if they dump Asiasi and Keene.

Josh Wyle TE Cincinnati. We all know about the history of TE’s coming out of Cincy, he’s another good one.

Cole Turner TE Utah, just catches everything. Tough matchup for anyone, especially in the end zone.

Most of these are on my PTP list. Pierce has stood out as our " type" for a minute now.

John Metchie III, he’s been my patriot type guy for a while. Along with Brandon Smith LB from Penn State, has all the physical tools to be dominant, also super athletic too.

Logan Hall 278 pounds at senior bowl , 5T here would be a nice fit
Raimann with a 33 arm length is that concerning ?

Agreed. A trade up in the second might be required but I'm all in.

a lot of his will depend on medicals, could easily see him falling to the third if it doesn’t check out. I love his game. I’d take him in the second all day long and in the third I’d be all over it again.

My binkie is Kyle Phillips. I saw so much of Julian Edelman in his play it was astounding.. I thought I was watching Edelman in a UCLA uniform... It was scary.. I think our 3rd would be good for him..

I expect 3 of the top 4 picks to be on defense unless they're moving Onwenu back to LG..

Delete

Last edited:
My binkie is Kyle Phillips. I saw so much of Julian Edelman in his play it was astounding.. I thought I was watching Edelman in a UCLA uniform... It was scary.. I think our 3rd would be good for him..

I expect 3 of the top 4 picks to be on defense unless they're moving Onwenu back to LG..

Saw a clip of him in the senior bowl practice week and he absolutely destroyed his guy in 1v1. He gives me the Jules vibes but I think he’s going to be more explosive.

Agreed with the 3rd rounder expectation for him. Would love to see him work the slot, I could even see him lining up as Z as well. I think his 3 come and 40 will be very good.

Watched a bit of practice. Definitely shades of Edelman here.

Hey dude, i haven't been able to see a lot of these practices. Is there somewhere where you are watching it?

Clips on NFL Network. Every now and then they look in on the practice.
I haven't been able to find full coverage anywhere.
They have some clips on YouTube, but you have know who you're looking at as it isn't narrated.

Last edited:
I have another to add. A guy who flew out of the gates and looked like a poor man’s Christian Mccaffrey during his first two years, caught 139 passes out of the backfield his first 2 seasons. Got injured his junior year, had a nice comeback season as a senior. Running Back Max Borghi from Washington State. Really like this kid. Not as good as Mccaffrey, but better than Rex Burkhead. Pretty much a similar skill set, strong runner with decent speed, and great hands out of the backfield.

Utah alum so Covey is my binki needs 10 xtra lbs plays big in big games. Very Good KR also. Day 2 or possibly UDFA don’t know where he projects. Slot from Alabama is interesting also. Will be looking at 3 cone times at combine.

that's funny, I thought the same thing about Calvin Austin. Philips should be definitely in play as safety blanket for Mac Jones. I also like TE Dulcich from UCLA. For some reason I thought he was still in school. Looks like the second coming of Travis Kelce. Great hands, good route runner. NOT the next Asiasi.
Edit: this is looking like a really good/deep draft. I would be willing to trade our first next year for a very high second and some change in this years' draft but next year is looking pretty good as well. The only thing this draft is missing is franchise-type QB.

Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati, depending on the combine, he’s a Cooper Kupp type, but bigger and much faster. Great hands. Kupp is on another level right now, but I can see Pierce being comparable coming out of college.
So you think coming out of college he can match the guy with the 2nd most receiving yards in a season?:oops:

that's funny, I thought the same thing about Calvin Austin. Philips should be definitely in play as safety blanket for Mac Jones. I also like TE Dulcich from UCLA. For some reason I thought he was still in school. Looks like the second coming of Travis Kelce. Great hands, good route runner. NOT the next Asiasi.
Edit: this is looking like a really good/deep draft. I would be willing to trade our first next year for a very high second and some change in this years' draft but next year is looking pretty good as well. The only thing this draft is missing is franchise-type QB.
I didn't catch any of Calvin Austin but I'll be sure to look him up. Sounds intriguing. I'm liking Dotson but not at 21.

So you think coming out of college he can match the guy with the 2nd most receiving yards in a season?:oops:
No, I said he had a similar to better skill set to Kupp coming out of college. He’s bigger and faster. Doesn’t mean he can match or be better than Kupp, just that he has a chance to be a good NFL receiver. He could be THIS YEAR’s Cooper Kupp coming out in the draft. Just like a zillion receivers have been called “this year’s” Julian Edelman (every year at the draft). People use comparisons all the time when it comes to the draft.

There have been many receivers in the history of the NFL with a better skill set than Kupp, there is a reason why he didn’t go in the 1st round. But like someone like Tom Brady, never the strongest arm or physically gifted, you can’t measure their heart and determination. Same with Kupp, he never let the detractors affect his confidence, drive or determination.

Last edited:
Presently i have about 5 players who could reasonably be on the board at 21 I would have a hard time passing on. Booth, Williams, Davis, Burkes and possibly Olave.
Looking at the Draft Tek trade value chart, our 21 is pretty close in value to Denver's second round picks of 40 and 64.
My question is this. Is this the year to trade back into the second round?
I feel like other than the 5 i mentioned above, I would rather wait until day 2 and get the extra pick.
Thoughts?

Every goddamned year. We don’t need to trade down to get 2 inferior players at 40 and 64, when really good talent is available at 21. So tired of this strategy that hasn’t worked for the Pats since 2013. Let’s take the best player available at 21. We need explosive offensive weapons, or explosive defensive players. Enough of these ******** trade downs that very rarely work out.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back