PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2022 Draft Binky Thread

Favorite draft players for the patriots (does not include players we no real shot at drafting)

Qb - Perry of brown (UDFA signing)
Rb - pierce of Florida
Wr - Robinson of Kentucky (should be a must have player for jones.)
Te - Kolar of iowa state
Ot - penning of north iowa
Og - sailor of Georgia
C - howerton of smu (UDFA priority)

Dt - McCall of kentucky
De - hall of houston
Olb - Harris of alabama
Ilb - smith if penn state
Press man Cb - Elam of florida
Zone cb - McDuffie of Washington
Slot corner - jones of Houston (also return man extraordinaire)
Ss - pitre of Baylor
Fs - cine of Georgia
Good list, I will sign up for Pitre

I also think there's potential for Levi Lewis to be converted to a good slot receiver, as an UDFA
Only if he really wants it. Folks said the same about Pat White, and he had one of the worst WR workouts ever.

Only if he really wants it. Folks said the same about Pat White, and he had one of the worst WR workouts ever.
I think it's worth a shot as an UDFA.

I have to say that Calvin Austin III is my realisitic binky right now. He is realistic for the Patriots in round 3 or so. If I was to choose someone who is unreachable for the Patriots, it would have to be "Sauce" Gardner; I suspect he is gone by pick 6.

The more I watch of Bo Melton the more I want him on the Pats. Granted I have only been able to find highlights on youtube and not full games, but he seems to match his play speed to his timed speed. Looks to have reliable hands and is good with the ball in his hands. Seems like he can play inside or outside, so there may be some good versatility. Khalil Shakir is my main guy though.
Speed- 4.34
Vert - 38
3 Cone- 6.98

The more I watch of Bo Melton the more I want him on the Pats. Granted I have only been able to find highlights on youtube and not full games, but he seems to match his play speed to his timed speed. Looks to have reliable hands and is good with the ball in his hands. Seems like he can play inside or outside, so there may be some good versatility. Khalil Shakir is my main guy though.
Speed- 4.34
Vert - 38
3 Cone- 6.98
Melton would be a good later round pickup, especially if we could add a pick. Prepare for the Rutgers commentary though.

Speed- 4.34
Vert - 38
3 Cone- 6.98
Yup, you gotta love Bo; this guy can play, but it is hard to say where he will be drafted. Obviously the Rutgers connection helps so expect him to be overdrafted by the Patriots....ooops, wait, this is the Patriot who have an appalling record for drafting WRs so who knows....

Melton would be a good later round pickup, especially if we could add a pick. Prepare for the Rutgers commentary though.

Yeah, I don't get the Rutgers thing. Who have we drafted from there, McCourty & Harmon 10 years ago? We've probably drafted over 10 players from Bama in the same timeframe.

Yeah, I don't get the Rutgers thing. Who have we drafted from there, McCourty & Harmon 10 years ago? We've probably drafted over 10 players from Bama in the same timeframe.
I think we gave drafted 12 players from alabama. Georgia is probably second and lsu might be third.

I have a ton so can’t call him binky but outside the box pick in mid rounds is Dameon Pierce, RB out Florida. He was babied it seems and has little wear on his tires. I don’t understand why he wasn’t fed more. Could be better than Harris and I like Harris as a runner. It would a be fun battle of the “omens”. Two is better than one.

I think we gave drafted 12 players from alabama. Georgia is probably second and lsu might be third.
That said, at some point around 2013 (preseason I think) there were 8 Rutgers alums on the roster at once. I joked they should replace the star on the logo with an R.

Round 1-Penning, J Johnson, Wyatt
Round 2-Travis Jones, Watson, Gordon, Quay Walker, Mccullum
Round 3-Wandale Robinson with Calvin Austin as a backup plan, Cole Strange
Round 4-Taylor-Britt, Marcus Jones
Round 5-I know the 40 time is worrisome but give me Kyren Williams if he falls. Think he could be our next James white.
Round 6 and 7- BPA

Revised binky list:

Wr/rb - wandale Robinson of Kentucky - pure playmaker and tough as nails.

S- pitre of Baylor - pure defensive playmaker and team leader.

Og - sailor of Georgia. Pure power, future all pro if he cleans up the technique and becomes better in pass protection.

Nt - McCall of tenn. Anybody with the nickname “bully” is a guy we need.

De - hall of Houston. Incredible motor and always in the backfield.

Ot - faalale of Minnesota. You can’t teach size!

I have to say that Calvin Austin III is my realisitic binky right now. He is realistic for the Patriots in round 3 or so. If I was to choose someone who is unreachable for the Patriots, it would have to be "Sauce" Gardner; I suspect he is gone by pick 6.
If the Pats are looking for the next possible kindof close to (hopefully dbag free) Tyreek, this can possibly be the guy, although at the combine versus Tyreek's pro day, CA3 is slower at the same height even though he's 15lbs lighter. I'm worried about speed loss if he decides to gain weight (see Kalif way below).

That being said, he definitely has acceleration based on his almost best ever 10yd split. He also has great sustained and top end speed - see 1:08 in this video. He ran 62yds in 6.07s from when he caught the ball, which is an avg of 20.89mph for the entire thing including his slowing down at the end (rough guestimate of peak mid 22's mph but tough to tell with angles and his shorter strides - the guy covering him ran a 11.35 100m as a junior in HS so not the slowest guy either - faster than DeVante Parker's time in HS for reference). Damien Harris had the fastest peak speed as a ball carrier on the Pats last year at 21.01mph.

CA3/THill comparison:

Another comparison is with Kalif Raymond, whom I know nothing about, but it looks like despite being 5'8" 162lbs (now 181lbs) is getting consistent playing time after 5 years in the league. Kalif seems to have lost some speed with the weight gain, as he's not on any nextgenstats mph speed lists. Good for that guy.

Having watched a few more players, these are my top 3 round binkies. I'm ignoring anyone guys who couldn't realistically go after pick 15.

1st: Trent McDuffie, Dax Hill, Zion Johnson
2nd: Logan Hall, Travis Jones, Jahan Dotson
3rd: Cam Taylor-Britt, John Metchie, Marcus Jones, Khalil Shakir

I think all these guys are perfect Patriots. There are a few others guys I really like slightly below binky status too but if we could come away with three of these guys I would we very happy.

Having watched a few more players, these are my top 3 round binkies. I'm ignoring anyone guys who couldn't realistically go after pick 15.

1st: Trent McDuffie, Dax Hill, Zion Johnson
2nd: Logan Hall, Travis Jones, Jahan Dotson
3rd: Cam Taylor-Britt, John Metchie, Marcus Jones, Khalil Shakir

I think all these guys are perfect Patriots. There are a few others guys I really like slightly below binky status too but if we could come away with three of these guys I would we very happy.

I am a huge fan of hall of Houston. He is not the fastest off the ball, in fact, he might be the slowest. He is not the bendiest, in fact he has no real bend to his game.

But he is a monster edge setter on the outside and on passing downs, you kick him inside and he lives in the opponents backfield wrecking havoc.

If the Pats are looking for the next possible kindof close to (hopefully dbag free) Tyreek, this can possibly be the guy, although at the combine versus Tyreek's pro day, CA3 is slower at the same height even though he's 15lbs lighter. I'm worried about speed loss if he decides to gain weight (see Kalif way below).

That being said, he definitely has acceleration based on his almost best ever 10yd split. He also has great sustained and top end speed - see 1:08 in this video. He ran 62yds in 6.07s from when he caught the ball, which is an avg of 20.89mph for the entire thing including his slowing down at the end (rough guestimate of peak mid 22's mph but tough to tell with angles and his shorter strides - the guy covering him ran a 11.35 100m as a junior in HS so not the slowest guy either - faster than DeVante Parker's time in HS for reference). Damien Harris had the fastest peak speed as a ball carrier on the Pats last year at 21.01mph.

CA3/THill comparison:

Another comparison is with Kalif Raymond, whom I know nothing about, but it looks like despite being 5'8" 162lbs (now 181lbs) is getting consistent playing time after 5 years in the league. Kalif seems to have lost some speed with the weight gain, as he's not on any nextgenstats mph speed lists. Good for that guy.

I love Calvin Austin III, he’s exactly the type of explosive weapon this offense needs. 4.32 forty, 6.65 three cone, 39 inch vertical. Sure he’s small, but he’s so explosive, he’s tough to tackle in the open field. Return man as well (2 punt return TDs). Over 150+ catches and 2500+ yards receiving and 22 TD catches total the last two years. He’s not just a gadget player.

I'm getting a bit worried that Dax Hill won't even be there at 21 now. He's getting the 'rising up boards' treatment with Jeremiah and Matt Miller both suggesting he could go inside the top 20. When I first watched his tape a month ago, most people had him as an early 2nd rounder and I thought we could trade down 6 spots or so and still get him, which would have been a steal.

The thing about this draft is the lack of qb’s and really only 6 blue chip prospects, but close to 50 red chip prospects.

This means that after the first 10 picks, any team could take any player based on their draft board. Could be a lot of variance from the experts on draft day.

The thing about this draft is the lack of qb’s and really only 6 blue chip prospects, but close to 50 red chip prospects.

This means that after the first 10 picks, any team could take any player based on their draft board. Could be a lot of variance from the experts on draft day.

I agree 100%. Who knows what will happen, and what is the chance a real game changer drops to 21? When I look at mock drafts, the people at 21 and 33 to 35 are the same people depending on which mock you look at. The mocks are all over the place because there is really only 6 blue chip prospects, but close to 50 red chip prospects. I would even say maybe 75 red chip prospects.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back