PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 1st Annual Prediction game! Bold Prediction; Surprise Cut; Binkie Watch and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold predictions
  • Patriots get blown out week one, win their next 14 games, then sit the team during a meaningless week 17 loss to Miami.
  • Dobson finishes the season with more catches than Amendola and Hogan.
  • Shea McClellan's career will take off as a Patriot like Vrabel's and Nink's.
  • Joe Thuney emerges as a top guard as a rookie.
Surprise cut
  • Tre Jackson. Thuney and Kline take over as starting guards with Karass getting a share of rotational duty. Mason edges out Jackson for the last spot on the line.
  • James White is edged out by DJ Foster, as the team elects to keep Blount as a power back and Boldin as a STer. When a RB gets hurt the teams calls Brown, not White, to offer a job.
Most improved
  • Dobson on offense, Malcolm Brown on defense
Biggest disappointment
  • Hogan doesn't immediately click with the offense and only sees the field in 4+ WR sets.
Binkies
  • DJ Foster, Jonathan Jones, Trey Flowers, Joe Thuney

So that means both of our C's have done it. That's not inspiring. I hope Scar can fix this, as it seems very fixable.

Not Andrews, only Stork. Stork's bad habit actually began long before, and was quite apparent vs. the Chiefs. It's a big reason why Guggy lost his job. He failed to catch this tell and coach Stork out of it. Scar would have been all over it from day one.

With Scar back, I am expecting a night-to-day transformation of our OL. That's the part I'm most excited about. Without that, nothing else matters.

1.Bold Predictions: gronk and Bennett both go for ten plus touchdowns. DJ Foster makes the team and goes for 6 TDs and 20 PLUS catches. Derby makes the team and combines with gronk and Bennett for a unstoppable 3 TE formation.
Surprise Cuts: Dobson even thou he looks good so far starts dropping passes in the preseason games. Tre Jackson gets beat out by one of the rookie lineman. Tyler Gaffney beats out Blount
Biggest Disappointment: that Goodell does not actually get hit by a train.
Binkies: Foster,Mitchell, Lucien and Gaffney

Not Andrews, only Stork. Stork's bad habit actually began long before, and was quite apparent vs. the Chiefs. It's a big reason why Guggy lost his job. He failed to catch this tell and coach Stork out of it. Scar would have been all over it from day one.

With Scar back, I am expecting a night-to-day transformation of our OL. That's the part I'm most excited about. Without that, nothing else matters.
There is an article about Andrews doing the same thing. But I definitely hear and agree with you.

It sounds like Cannon hasn't immediately improved back under Scarnecchia, so obviously this is where I go all in on my prediction that Vollmer is the surprise departure and Cannon enters the year as the starting RT.

(I am not responsible for the potential outcome of this prediction.)

Bold Prediction
- Chris Long emerges as a force
- Pats start 4-0 on the strength of the D and TE play

Surprise Cut
- Dobson... although this should be no surprise. I'm shocked how many fans predict him stepping up this season. The guy always teases in TC and disappears shortly thereafter.
- Nate Washington... but is this a surprise?
- Marcus Cannon... Waddle makes him expendable

Most Improved
- Trey Flowers... I'm expecting greatness
- Shaq Mason... finally positioned to maximize his talent

Biggest Disappointment
- Martellus Bennett... have this suspicion that the preseason hype cannot live up to reality; remains to be seen if he can play in the system
- Bryan Stork... really should have locked the starting C spot down for the next decade by now. Props to Andrews

Bold Prediction
- Chris Long emerges as a force
- Pats start 4-0 on the strength of the D and TE play

Surprise Cut
- Dobson... although this should be no surprise. I'm shocked how many fans predict him stepping up this season. The guy always teases in TC and disappears shortly thereafter.
- Nate Washington... but is this a surprise?
- Marcus Cannon... Waddle makes him expendable

Most Improved
- Trey Flowers... I'm expecting greatness
- Shaq Mason... finally positioned to maximize his talent

Biggest Disappointment
- Martellus Bennett... have this suspicion that the preseason hype cannot live up to reality; remains to be seen if he can play in the system
- Bryan Stork... really should have locked the starting C spot down for the next decade by now. Props to Andrews
I don't get it. You list that the Pats will go 4-0 in part because of strong TE play. But then you list Bennett as a disappointment? Do you mean Gronk and one of the other guys?

I don't get it. You list that the Pats will go 4-0 in part because of strong TE play. But then you list Bennett as a disappointment? Do you mean Gronk and one of the other guys?

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft