Not open for further replies.

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
For some reason they don't even try.

A long time ago the games use to be decent. Plus they were after the Superbowl

For some reason they don't even try.

A long time ago the games use to be decent. Plus they were after the Superbowl
Pretty sure there are millions of reasons why..

Agreed though, today was less physical than a gym class flag football game

Get rid of it, let the guys have a great trip, activities, fan meet and greets .. Just no game.

They need to give these guys something to play for. $1 million to each player's charity of choice or something if they win. $500k I don't know

Maybe the last probowl, but the future of the rules in this once great sport. You know the "getting rid of kickoffs" thing is never gonna go away until that actually do it.

I had it on the car but audio briefly. The Westwood guys were howling. When Kamara came in to rush the passer, Boselli said if that happened to him, he would have killed him.

It really denigrates the sport. The main issue is the players justifiably do not want any risk of injury and they do not really care about whether they get the winners or the losers money.

Football is not meant to be played like this.

One can only hope. I wouldn’t mind just a skills competition and no game afterwards.

I’m with the poster that said He’d rather see them doing a flag football game. It would be less insulting.

Best all star game is the one the NHL puts on. High scoring and lots of trick moves and passes. Atleast it’s entertaining.

Baseball used to be king until they stopped giving a hoot.

When I was a kid (Late 50's early 60's, you got 1 game per week till almost the end of the year, and thanksgiving with the Lions. Not a lot of inter conference play.

So seeing the Stars from the West play against the Stars from the East was a big deal. Sorta like the ALl Star game in baseball before inter league play. Now with al the exposure during the season, it seems like a pointless anachronism from a time long gone.

I'd rather see the Pro Bowl game eliminated. Give each guy who gets selected, a check, hotel and food & drink all comped.

Have all-days events for a long weekend, POST superbowl, and let the fans meet & greet the players, have competitions like punt, pass, & kick, games for the kids. Make it a fun and family-friendly event that celebrates these guys getting chosen, as well as all things football-related.

The NFL could hit it big with a weekend Pro Bowl event like that, rather than some half-assed game that no one except the drunks are really into.

There is nothing they can do to fix it either. Maybe they could try to have the players to play flag football but that's just changing the game entirely. In addition to the possibility of getting injured, football by nature is much more difficult to do tricks compared to other sports, which means the game is even more boring to watch, no "wow" factor at all.

I mean, it is an all-star game after all: wouldn't cut it for Witten to leave well enough alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST