PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That 16-0 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
The more I think about it the less I dislike it.

16-0 is very hard. And that team did it against a schedule FAR more lethal than the one we’ve had so far. With ZERO eggs like the team laid last night. It’s a historic accomplishment and worthy of a banner.

16-0 is very hard. And that team did it against a schedule FAR more lethal than the one we’ve had so far. It’s a historic accomplishment and worthy of a banner.
I tend to agree with you but it was ruined by how the season ended.

I don’t like being reminded of that season.

It's the only time it's ever been done under the 16 game season format, I've never had an issue with it.

The schedule they went through that year makes it even more impressive.

Leave that for the Pats Hall. Only title banners should hang. All it does is leave room to have other fans make fun of us.

16-0 is very hard. And that team did it against a schedule FAR more lethal than the one we’ve had so far. With ZERO eggs like the team laid last night. It’s a historic accomplishment and worthy of a banner.

They took it down. Why are you thinking about it at all?

It should never have been hung.

banners should be for Championships imo...

while 16-0 was a great accomplishment, the 16-0 banner is much like George Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner...

They took it down. Why are you thinking about it at all?

I know they did. Just think last night was perspective on how difficult 16-0 is and the fact that unlike this year’s Patriots nobody would accuse the one team that accomplished that feat of benefiting from an easy schedule. That schedule was absolutely brutal.

I think the banner was a good way to recognize that accomplishment and the loss in the last game of that season doesn’t take that away.

Last edited:
I was never a big fan of the banner but didn't need it taken down and I really do think the 16-0 was an amazing accomplishments that should be celebrated here more. All the SB appearances for that matter.

I was never a big fan of the banner but didn't need it taken down and I really do think the 16-0 was an amazing accomplishments that should be celebrated here more. All the SB appearances for that matter.
This franchise isn’t the little engine that could. A ring has become the expectation for every season at this point.

Back when it happened I posted that it was harder to go 16-0 than to win a SB, after all its only been done twice if you count Miami. So I never had a problem with it except it reminds me of how the season ended.

That season was bitter sweet . . .

First, the loss in the super bowl is tough and i do not like being reminded of it. But the 6 SB wins and other deep runs had helped heal the wounds. You do not always get the bounces and all one can do is get in position to win, which we have many many times.

Second, at the same time the regular season was an amazing accomplishment, beating the #2, #3, #4, and #7 seeds in the AFC and the #1, #5 and #6 seeds in the NFC with getting everyone's best game starting in like week 2.

The games were so intense that every team except Phil and NYG lost the week after they played us, yet we had to play a team bringing it all and we won each game.

So for me, the greatest regular season in football.

The banner did not bother me.

Keep it buried.

Here's how you know if it's a smart thing to do... put it on someone else:

...if the 49ers go undefeated in the regular season, then lose in the postseason, is it a good idea for them to raise a 16-0 banner?

giphy.gif

...nope.

Burn it. All that matters is rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back