PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Jules. (Edelman appreciation thread)

That’s a great tribute to Edelman, and one that is completely deserved.

Coach has been saying some nice things about players recently. Almost like he sees the end of the career out there somewhere.

Took me awhile to find this.

2009 AFC Wildcard Game, Ravens up 33-14. 4th and 7, Edelman jukes multiple guys and dives for the first down. He makes it but there's an unrelated penalty. Very next play 4th and 17, Brady hits Edelman for a 24 yard completion. This competitiveness was there his rookie year.

1:56 mark and then 1:58 mark.

Thank you for that. That 4th & 7 play with defenders swarming to the ball looked entirely impossible to get the 1st down.. not for the squirrel.

Coach has been saying some nice things about players recently. Almost like he sees the end of the career out there somewhere.

Eh, I'm sure it's happening sooner rather than later, but this is in line with what he said about Tedy Bruschi too. He does this for guys he feels were, in his words (usually), perfect football players.

My quintessential Patriot along with Willie McGinest.

Just crazy. Down to 4 or 5 players from the 14 superbowl. .
McCourty
High
Bolden
White.

I think that's it, presuming Bolden is on the squad.

And Mayo.

Thank you for that. That 4th & 7 play with defenders swarming to the ball looked entirely impossible to get the 1st down.. not for the squirrel.

I forgot to add he basically physically rams into the Ravens safety before diving for the first down. It was really impressive, I remembered when it happened.

Julian Edelman is a legend. He did literally everything the team asked him to do. Special teams, Offense and Defense. He caught TDs, ran for TDs and threw TDs. He hit and blocked on offense. He took the hometown discount. He bonded with the fans. Just incredible.

McCourty
High
Bolden
White.

I think that's it, presuming Bolden is on the squad.

And Mayo.

It's seven seasons ago. Frightening how that time goes.

2014 picks are now entering the old list.

Love you buddy, enjoy retirement. Showed some guts in that 2009 playoff game against Baltimore when it was well out of hand, had a feeling about you.

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

On a lighter note, this is another one of my favorite Edelman plays that I haven’t seen mentioned yet — the play immediately following the butt fumble.

Brutal! 27-0. What a gift.

I loves me some Jules. Gonna miss that Mother F@cker. Tough as nails. One of my all time favorite pats

Probably my favourite Patriot of all time. Everything you could ask for in a football player other than a bit more height. I love him.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back