PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texas vs the Nation-"NFLPA" game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think there's one more "all-star" game after this - the Eastham Energy Bowl. From what I hear, players on the winning squad each receive a McDonald's Happy Meal and job application and the losing squad is summarily rendered into bio-diesel.

lol, Yes it does get montonous with some of these games. I guess last year there were 31 names drafted including our own Taylor Price as well as Austen Lane and Jared Velheer.
I'll atleast tivo it and look for a steal.

My binky OCs, Ryan Pugh and Tim Barnes are in this for anyone focused on the O-line. Thanks for the info, PM. I almost missed it.

lol, Yes it does get montonous with some of these games. I guess last year there were 31 names drafted including our own Taylor Price as well as Austen Lane and Jared Velheer.
I'll atleast tivo it and look for a steal.

I'm sure there will be a few guys drafted out of this game this year. I'll be busy with visiting relatives and raking more snow off the roof (24" build-up in spots).

Anyway, it seems pretty clear that, in terms of comparative overall talent level, Texas v Nation has ranked third each year among all-star games. Comparing year-to-year, it seems to me that last year's Texas v Nation game offered almost as much talent as this year's Shrine game, and that last year's Shrine game offered almost as much talent as this year's Senior Bowl. I feel like this is just another indication of the extraordinary talent level of the 2010 draft class and the relative weakness of 2011.

Had a heckuva time finding what channel this is on. It's CBS Sports. Not CBS. 613 if you have Directv. Starting time is 2p EST. I'm going to DVR it and watch the Bruins. If every Bruins game was like the Dallas game, I'd probably never watch another sport. Bleepin awesome!!

Watching that Bruins game made me feel like I was back in 1982. Was anyone there at the the game?

Actually, I think there's one more "all-star" game after this - the Eastham Energy Bowl. From what I hear, players on the winning squad each receive a McDonald's Happy Meal and job application and the losing squad is summarily rendered into bio-diesel.
Nope, that was the day after the Shrine Game. Link

The two potential backup NT's,Powe of Ole Miss and Ellis of Hampton didn't impress.

LB Jones of Texas had a decent game and a game winning stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back