PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans release Carr, Domanick Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind the Pats signing both of them. I think that Carr got a bum deal in Houston and that the Houston Front office didn't do enough to put a quality O-line in front of him.

Domanick (Davis) Williams, if healthy, would be a great back up.

If Davis's knee isn't shot to hell, I'd grab him. He was an impact player a couple years ago, and looked like a poor man's Marshall Faulk.

LOL, maybe a poor man's 40 year old Marshall Faulk!

If Davis's knee isn't shot to hell, I'd grab him. He was an impact player a couple years ago, and looked like a poor man's Marshall Faulk.

when everyone thought houston was a lock to get bush, and nobody knew how bad his knee was i prob made five threads on here saying lets trade for domanick "football player formerly known as" davis
the guy is a very good running back
can really make a lot of plays happen out of nothing, and is a great receiver out of the backfield
solid solid back
id grab him and place him on the pup in a heartbeat
please bb, call up saban
this guy is a football player and can def be a great guy to go alongside maroney once sammy morris cant give anymore

when everyone thought houston was a lock to get bush, and nobody knew how bad his knee was i prob made five threads on here saying lets trade for domanick "football player formerly known as" davis
the guy is a very good running back
can really make a lot of plays happen out of nothing, and is a great receiver out of the backfield
solid solid back
id grab him and place him on the pup in a heartbeat
please bb, call up saban
this guy is a football player and can def be a great guy to go alongside maroney once sammy morris cant give anymore

Carr is too good to become merely our backup.

Domanick, though, emphatically is worth a shot!

it must suck to be a Texans' fan. They really screwed this one up.

They can't even get rid of guys correctly.

there is absolutely no way that Carr comes here as a backup. I am sure there are a few teams that would give him a starting opportunity, including Miami, Oakland, Cleveland and Tampa Bay. Hell, if I was a Bears fan I would like to see him brought in.

LOL, maybe a poor man's 40 year old Marshall Faulk!

Apparently you never saw him play. He had burst, quickness, and great hands. There was a reason the Texans didn't need Reggie Bush at the time (of course, in hindsight...).

I always thought Carr got kind of a raw deal playing in a conservative system up until last year, and last year I think he was beginning to break out as he put up solid numbers. He was forced to carry a team from the get-go and just was not ready for the task. I think he'll have a similar career path to a guy like Kerry Collins.

What's really unfortunate is that he had one of the best WRs in the NFL in Andre Johnson there. To be honest, I think that with Schaub, Johnson has the opportunity to maybe be the best in the NFL. The guy's big, catches everything, and has great body control and leaping ability, plus he's fast and runs good routes.

Carr is set for life after the bonuses given him. He can now develop into a solid QB for some very lucky team. Chicago does indeed come to mind, although I don't think that it will happen.

Wow. That is pitiful. You pay $8mm to keep a guy around and decide that he is not the guy after just one year.

We should all bow our heads in a prayer of thanks that Brady/BB/SP are in charge here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back