PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ted Johnson says....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelcometothaRazor

On the Roster
Reaction score
Pats a better team than Denver. I definately didnt expect to hear that. It was more circumstances surrounding the game that led hiim to pick the Donkeys.

WelcometothaRazor said:
Pats a better team than Denver. I definately didnt expect to hear that. It was more circumstances surrounding the game that led hiim to pick the Donkeys.

Did he elaborate on what those circumstances were?

I do agree that the Pats have the better team. If they played again, my money would be on the Pats, but they weren't the better team Saturday night. They deserved to win.

Just look forward to next season - I think the Pats could be better then ever.

WelcometothaRazor said:
he was big into the bye week.....and he would know.

The bye week did play a role as Denver got a free week of scouting on us. Like Belichick, Shanahan will nail you on two weeks preparation.

That said Belichick gets an additional three weeks to prepare for the 2006 campaign. It'll be very interesting to see what effect that has.

Easy to say now, and we ignored it last week, but homefield and the bye are huge.

As I said pre-game, a loss in this game would make the 4-4 start absolutely responsible.

This game in some ways was lost in Sept and October, because we gave away homefield and the bye.
Had we beaten Denver the first time around, and won any of the other early season losses, we would have been the 2 seed and at home, and that is a tremendous advantage.

Back to the 'who is the better team' question, and Denver gets full credit for being better over the long haul and earning those advantages.

You make a great point

AndyJohnson said:
Easy to say now, and we ignored it last week, but homefield and the bye are huge.

As I said pre-game, a loss in this game would make the 4-4 start absolutely responsible.

This game in some ways was lost in Sept and October, because we gave away homefield and the bye.
Had we beaten Denver the first time around, and won any of the other early season losses, we would have been the 2 seed and at home, and that is a tremendous advantage.

Back to the 'who is the better team' question, and Denver gets full credit for being better over the long haul and earning those advantages.

I think that the home field advantage in Denver is huge (if you've ever tried to exercise at 6000ft without a long process of acclimatization you'll know what I mean). But the Broncos earned it through the rest of the season. No complaints!

Considering all the stuff happened to us in the first half of the season, I'd gladly take that 4-4. Most teams would just fold (Green Bay, Jets, etc) I don't think that bye week had anything to do with the outcome of the game on Saturday. We just didn't play good enough to win. We all know what home-field advantage and bye week does not guarantee a win, just talk to the Colts.

AndyJohnson said:

I guess somebody forgot to tell the Colts that.

Willie55 said:
I guess somebody forgot to tell the Colts that.

They were too pre-occupied with watching their starters sit on their asses for the past month.

TJ is right

WelcometothaRazor said:
i thought denver was better going into it, but the patrionts were clearly the better all-around squad.
it seemed that we moved the ball every time we had it.
we had boinkos in dire straits twice in that game, on long drives, but you know the rest.
without the three stooges action going on, subtract one TD from them, add one to ours, and you have a score of 20-20. assume 3 points lost from the sum of the faulk fumble and twig's miscue, and you have 23-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST