PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Needs going into next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
realisticly................can they get Micheal Bush?

HUGE upgrade at RB in my opinion hes a FA this year

god damnt can we get Meachem to

Last edited:
realisticly................can they get Micheal Bush?

HUGE upgrade at RB in my opinion hes a FA this year
I'd rather Jonathan Stewart if the Patriots could somehow pull it off. He's an explosive runner and a huge threat in the passing game.

Plus, I read that the Raiders were moving to a zone blocking scheme and would dangle McFadden out there.

Last edited:
I'd rather Jonathan Stewart if the Patriots could somehow pull it off. He's an explosive runner and a huge threat in the passing game.

I agree.........but I don't think hes a free agent, or is this website I`m looking at broken lol

Re-sign- Dan Connolly, Wes Welker, Deion Branch (4th WR), James Ihedigbo (ST & depth), and Mark Anderson.

I'm not for re-signing Andre Carter because he's coming off a torn ACL and BB is likely to run a combination system 3-4 / 4-3. Carter was ineffective in a 3-4 for Washington and has said he wasn't comfortable with it...ACL tears usually take two years to re-establish neuromuscular effeciency, which affects explosion and flexibility. Most athletes are generally back to normal in their second year of ligament damage.

FA sign: PAY OUT FOR MARIO WILLIAMS AND MARQUES COLSTON. Everything else will take care of itself through 2nd tier signings, the draft and UDFA's.

Jabar Gaffney, Tim Dwight and Dante Stallworth.

Also, get rid of Guyton, bring back Welker, Anderson, Law Firm, Waters, get Hernandez to work on not dropping so many passed in the offseason, draft Hightower and another first day safety. And please....no more drafting of future QBs because they represent the best value.

I think that's known as the indy plan.

If we can't get Lloyd on the cheap then Meachem is the best FA WR target for us. He's so incredibly underutilized in New Orleans.

slightly different take on team needs: Figure out why Tom Brady missed so many passes this year. He missed some open guys this year and could have thrown a few balls better on Sunday. I don't know if it's health (non-throwing shoulder), mechanics or mental, or little of all the above. He just seemed a little more 'off' this year than prior years.

maybe we need to use out top draft picks better instead of trading them away this year.

slightly different take on team needs: Figure out why Tom Brady missed so many passes this year. He missed some open guys this year and could have thrown a few balls better on Sunday. I don't know if it's health (non-throwing shoulder), mechanics or mental, or little of all the above. He just seemed a little more 'off' this year than prior years.

to be fair to the guy, he threw 611 balls this year, which is his personal high, while hitting 65.6%.
last year was 65.9%, and the year before 65.7%.

he also set a career mark in ypa at 8.6.

in the history of the nfl there have been 12 player/seasons with a qb throwing for 65+% on 500+ pa for 8+ ypa.
4 of those being this year.

to be fair to the guy, he threw 611 balls this year, which is his personal high, while hitting 65.6%.
last year was 65.9%, and the year before 65.7%.

he also set a career mark in ypa at 8.6.

in the history of the nfl there have been 12 player/seasons with a qb throwing for 65+% on 500+ pa for 8+ ypa.
4 of those being this year.

no doubt he had a great year. it just seems like he missed more open receivers this year. throws where he isn't pressured and is a good yard or so off the mark where there is a large window to get it to the WR. this isn't SB specific but something noticed over the course of the year. gronk wide open vs the ravens for example.

wasn't suggs on his ass on that play?

2 First rounders they won't use and trade out and down...same thing with the 2 Second rounders. Out and down. Value!

Examine that. It has not worked well at all versus what was available for talent. Then he cuts what he traded down for and picks up UDFAs. Hey I am all for that but why not stay where you are. Take that pick with more talent to let him compete with said UDFA rather than down trade and cut the guy later. It sounds like a great game plan but see who they traded down for and tell me what you think.
I do not buy this value junk. He has had better results in FA signings even though he missed with AD. People forget AD did have a good year here or year and a half before he became a PITA. He has passed on a lot of present talent.
They stayed on Wiflork, Mayo and Solder and they are pretty good core guys as example who were picked where they were drafted.
DW Toys

Examine that. It has not worked well at all versus what was available for talent. Then he cuts what he traded down for and picks up UDFAs. Hey I am all for that but why not stay where you are. Take that pick with more talent to let him compete with said UDFA rather than down trade and cut the guy later. It sounds like a great game plan but see who they traded down for and tell me what you think.
I do not buy this value junk. He has had better results in FA signings even though he missed with AD. People forget AD did have a good year here or year and a half before he became a PITA. He has passed on a lot of present talent.
They stayed on Wiflork, Mayo and Solder and they are pretty good core guys as example who were picked where they were drafted.
DW Toys

what??

more characters

Get Lloyd, or another real WR here. Don't bother bringing back Branch or Ocho. We need better LB's too. Maybe even guys that don't jump offside on a critical drive - that would be nice.

The safeties all need to be replaced (except for Chung). They are terrible. The CB's are young and raw, but we could give them some help with a consistent pass rush.

Edited - Whoops, forgot about Chung. I like him a lot. The rest of the safeties suck though.

Last edited:
At this moment? Who cares. What matters is the future, unless you constantly live in the present. Light may not retire, or he may. Waters may also retire, yet may not. My point is they shouldn't be counted on until that sorts itself out. You seem to have penciled them both in for 16 starts next year which again is naive and Fan Boyish.

You are the one who said they didn't have any real holes, and then proceeded to list four or five. Are they holes, but they're not really holes? Are they worm holes in a parallel universe? Sign me up that could be fun. Since the other poster upset your delicate sensibilities what term do you use for areas that need work? If they're not holes, what exactly are they?

Now go home and get your shine box.

PS-You don't know half as much as you think you do. Also, personal insults, which are your trademark, are tools of the daft.

WOW. Nothing like lying through your teeth. I said they had a few holes. It would have if you actually learned to read. BTW, you were the one making insults when you first posted.

PS. I know significantly more than you give me credit for. But when I don't know something, I admit it. Unlike yourself.

Nice! Join the club of hundreds of people on here who think DaBruinz is a know it all (and actually doesn't know much) and wish he would disappear. We're going to try and get our own private forum for all of us who can't stand him.

To be on topic: Through FA: a #1 WR and a couple vets in the secondary
Through the draft: 3-4 DE, 3-4 DT, 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB depending on our system.
Guard/Center for depth + planning on not having Waters for very long
#3 WR to develop

GO to your own private forum. It will allow people who don't thrive on ignorance to actually have conversations without having to hear stupidity on a regular basis. You and Sooner will get along great in that.

I always find it amazing how people like yourself claim I don't know much yet fail to prove it on a regular basis. You get your panties in a wad and make stupid comments and people like myself call you out on them. You don't like it, you always have the option to post elsewhere. And many people would applaud that move.

DW Toys

The Pats traded down from 6 to 10 to get Mayo.

In general, the team needs to get more athletic at WR and on the outside of the front 7 on defense. there is so much 'meat in the middle' on this roster, that's where the focus needs to be.......on the outside, making this team much faster.

the pats got to the SB with 3 new starters on the OL......while it is unclear whether waters would be back, I hope he is, and he can be kept fresh with steady doses of marcus cannon.

I say bring back koppen and connolly. connolly first......he proved himself an effective OC.

bottom line:
OLB's/DE's, WR's, DB's

Umm. Did you tear his ACL?

My mistake, it was a quadricep tear.

The only concern now is how he fits into BB's system next year.

I like Carter but would prefer Anderson based on age and versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back