PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE options

Stokes

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my TE situation is not so great, I drafted Donald Lee and Kevin Boss, they're both gone now, and I've got Dustin Keller (Jets) and Vinsanthe Shiancoe (Minny) as my TEs. I have a lot of depth at WR and would like to trade a mid-level WR for a reasonable TE. I know I'm not getting Witten, Gates, or Winslow, but anybody have any recommendations for mid-level TEs that I could go after? 2 guys I'm thinking of for my league are Tony Gonzalez (owner is thin at WR and traded for Olsen) and Tony Scheffler (owner has Shockey and Heap and needs another WR). Either of these guys attainable for say Patrick Crayton, maybe Amani Toomer? Anyone else I could potentially buy low on or pick up off the waiver wire (Bo Scaife is still there)? Any input you guys have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

edit: This would also be a good place to discuss general thoughts on tight ends, the dearth of good ones, sleepers, busts, guys to sell high/buy low, etc.

Last edited:
Hey guys, so my TE situation is not so great, I drafted Donald Lee and Kevin Boss, they're both gone now, and I've got Dustin Keller (Jets) and Vinsanthe Shiancoe (Minny) as my TEs. I have a lot of depth at WR and would like to trade a mid-level WR for a reasonable TE. I know I'm not getting Witten, Gates, or Winslow, but anybody have any recommendations for mid-level TEs that I could go after? 2 guys I'm thinking of for my league are Tony Gonzalez (owner is thin at WR and traded for Olsen) and Tony Scheffler (owner has Shockey and Heap and needs another WR). Either of these guys attainable for say Patrick Crayton, maybe Amani Toomer? Anyone else I could potentially buy low on or pick up off the waiver wire (Bo Scaife is still there)? Any input you guys have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

edit: This would also be a good place to discuss general thoughts on tight ends, the dearth of good ones, sleepers, busts, guys to sell high/buy low, etc.

Well, I wouldn't get Scheffler or Shockey right now as neither are palying this week and who knows when they will return. I wouldn't touch Heap either.

What about Fasano? He has been very solid for the phins but you may need to give up a little more than just a mid-level WR to get him.

Well, I wouldn't get Scheffler or Shockey right now as neither are palying this week and who knows when they will return. I wouldn't touch Heap either.

What about Fasano? He has been very solid for the phins but you may need to give up a little more than just a mid-level WR to get him.

I like Fasano, though in my league he is on a team that is loaded at WR already, so I don't have the right trade bait. I watched Baltimore and couldn't believe how badly they're misusing Heap. He was in blocking on probably 2/3 of the pass plays. I wouldn't even pick him up off the waiver wire at this point. I'd like to get Scheffler since his value is low right now, I've got Dustin Keller to start while he's out, and when he comes back he's a legit TE. The guy isn't bothering to reply to my overtures though so not sure I'll be able to get a deal done.

And last week I won my match because my TE (Visanthe Shiancoe) outscored Adrian Peterson in the Vikings game. Ah, that was funny.

i suggest Schefler. Solid player big part of the Broncos offense. if you cant get him try Todd Heap or Heath Miller i notice in alot of these pools these guys can be had for the right price due to injuries over their careers

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back