PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12. Extended until 2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this better than the bald version of him that one vet poster here uses. That makes me cringe--not that I'm down on baldness, but it's just that that particular picture takes a lot a way from Brady.

Agree. I always liked the red unis. I'd like to see a new version, with a red jersey but the Elvis flash, silver number, pants and helmets.
Getting rid of Flying Elvis and bringing back Pat Patriot is the important thing. I would even taken them keeping the uniform as it is and just change the logo to Pat Patriot.

And yet the Pats' dynasty has all been under the Flying Elvis....

Why would we want to change that?

I can only assume many of the people who love Pat Patriot did not watch much football when that was the team logo. It was not emblematic of an NFL juggernaut prior to 1993, when the Elvis appeared.

Flying Elvis years: 24 seasons, 260-124, avg. season 10.8-5.2
Pat Patriot years: 33 season, 216-259, avg. season 6.5-7.8 (and that leaves out the one Super Bowl that Pat ever saw, in which he was monkey stomped at a biblical level).

Pat was great for an age when you really did not take any win for granted. I remember those days, and am not that nostalgic. I will suffer the throwback, but I do not yearn for its return.

Because FE Logo sucks and it is a total joke, and Pat Patriot is one of the best sports logos in the history of sports.
EDIT: Whoever disagrees with this has bad taste in sports logos.

Last edited:
I can only assume many of the people who love Pat Patriot did not watch much football when that was the team logo. It was not emblematic of an NFL juggernaut prior to 1993, when the Elvis appeared.

Flying Elvis years: 24 seasons, 260-124, avg. season 10.8-5.2
Pat Patriot years: 33 season, 216-259, avg. season 6.5-7.8 (and that leaves out the one Super Bowl that Pat ever saw, in which he was monkey stomped at a biblical level).

Pat was great for an age when you really did not take any win for granted. I remember those days, and am not that nostalgic. I will suffer the throwback, but I do not yearn for its return.
Completely false. The older fans of the team love the Pat Patriot logo. And it is objectively great, while the FE logo is an absolute abomination and it sucks and looks silly. And I have watched the Pats, as all Boston teams, since 1974 and never missed a game the Pats played on TV, ever, unless it was blacked out and I was not at that game. (I usually was at the game with my dad usually I never missed them even if blacked out)

Pat Patriot is the teams true logo. FE is a sad, sad, embarassment.

Aesthetically, I prefer the old uniforms (color scheme, Pat Patriot logo, everything), but because the dynasty has played under the Flying Elvis, can't change it now. I especially hate it when franchises update their uniforms while an iconic player is still active, like Denver did with John Elway. He just looked wrong without the blue, big "D" helmet.

I guess my coming on the scene in '86 explains why I take a compromise mindset - no great attachment to Pat, but would love the red as an alt jersey (that color always fired me up, kinda like Viking berserkers painting themselves red, as I was once told they did; any historians out there? :D ).

To be honest I think even the newer logo could be improved on.

Aesthetically, I prefer the old uniforms (color scheme, Pat Patriot logo, everything), but because the dynasty has played under the Flying Elvis, can't change it now. I especially hate it when franchises update their uniforms while an iconic player is still active, like Denver did with John Elway. He just looked wrong without the blue, big "D" helmet.
Brady looks so right in the correct uniforms though when they wear them. Also, the 59-0 win, the most points scored in Patriot history, he was wearing it. The just look so much better in them. However, I would compromise and keep the Blue uniform scheme just change the logo back to Pat Patriot, even on the YUCK, silver helmets.

Flying Elvis represents the last 16 years of greatness.
When TFB retires change logo to what ever. jmo

Brady looks so right in the correct uniforms though when they wear them. Also, the 59-0 win, the most points scored in Patriot history, he was wearing it. The just look so much better in them. However, I would compromise and keep the Blue uniform scheme just change the logo back to Pat Patriot, even on the YUCK, silver helmets.

I hear you. Big fan of the cream colored helmet.

8319383382_c860d192da_o.jpg

He'd have to throw near as many picks as TD's to out- Favre Favre. Too soon? Lol

As long as Bob Kraft owns the team, I don't think they're going back to any Red as main color, or Pat Patriot as logo. The W/L numbers MassPats posted say it all. Make that with Benjamin Kraft as successor too. Anyone with a shred of superstition wouldn't change a thing, I'd bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes