PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tankathon

I see no point in taking the third QB off the board with a top 10 pick.

If the two guys you graded best are gone, trade down and accumulate the assets needed to move up next year.

They blew their chance

I mean if the roster is massively improved around either of them I doubt it will be dog **** product. Say you resign Henry, draft a top WR, improve the OL and find a 3rd down back?

Mediocre product possibly. Competing for a wildcard spot possibly. But not dog **** IMO..

I’m much more down on their QB room than you are. If either Jones or Zappe is their QB they will be picking top 5 again next year. I think both suck, and passing on a QB early would be a huge mistake. Either way I won’t be watching, there are far too many things I can be doing and enjoying myself instead of watching a repeat of this dogshit season. I’ll still follow them, and hope they improve, but I’m not going to waste my time with this garbage. Whereas if they take a QB early the season will be much more interesting to me. It’s no guarantee of winning, but at least it won’t be mental dentistry.

This season was horrible enough in every respect to begin with (which was the last decade of poor talent acquisition in the making), but that they can't even secure a top 3 pick on top of it, has already set the team back an additional few years at minimum in trying to rebuild a legit contender. I also suspect that any decent HC and GM candidate might go elsewhere, or even stay where they are for the next year, rather than take the job with now having less of a chance to add significant talent through this years draft (especially a potential franchise QB).

I think this depends upon Williams and Harrison. If they go top 2 that drops Daniels and Maye down, although it still may not be far enough.

I think this depends upon Williams and Harrison. If they go top 2 that drops Daniels and Maye down, although it still may not be far enough.
And, another team could trade-up in front of them too. The way the last 4 seasons have gone (with this being the worst yet), we might not even be picking as high as 5th overall. Many fans like myself, were looking forward to a legit chance to rebuild with a top 3 pick and a new and hopefully competent GM and HC, combined with solid moves in the draft and other area's. Now, for the sake of a meaningless win (with most of the players in the game that was won either not being here next season, or shouldn't be here next season), any potential joy for the off-season has greatly diminished.

Last edited:
I see no point in taking the third QB off the board with a top 10 pick.

If the two guys you graded best are gone, trade down and accumulate the assets needed to move up next year.

They blew their chance
And the fan-base will now be paying for it for the next several years at best I suspect.

Lmao. I have been called a homer my entire time here, now with 1 negative take I’m in “ the fellowship of the miserable.”

The fellowship referenced = those rooting for Patriots losses believing a No. 3 or 4 draft slot will render a miracle cure vs. picking No. 5 or 6.

Have fun rooting for Jones and Zappe next season, I’ll be playing golf and enjoying myself, instead of watching a dogshit product fail.

Heh, whoever labeled you a homer has another guess coming. Beyond that I'd say Mac's chances of returning next year are slim.

Last edited:
We can still be top four if we lose out; top seven if we lose to the Bills. While I like the tackles, leaning towards a preference to trading down, getting a QB like Penix and extra picks to fix elsewhere.
Penix is an injury nightmare. Which is too bad considering his overall talent. I wouldn't want him to be anything more than a #2 QB.

Outgoing coach says "I got your 2nd overall pick right here".
He is not going to help Krafty Bob get his next possible franchise QB or stud WR.
Ugh. A sixth or seventh pick doesn't move the needle much. We'll get a good player at that spot but unless they are sold on Daniels then it's a OT (JC Latham, Joe Alt) or some other good prospect (Latu, Bowers or Kool-Aid)

Ewers, McCarthy is the next tier of QBs.
Still 2 games left.

The fellowship referenced = those rooting for Patriots losses believing a No. 3 or 4 draft slot will render a miracle cure vs. picking No. 5 or 6.

Heh, whoever labeled you a homer has another guess coming. Beyond that I'd say Mac's chances of returning next year are slim.

So Jetssfans should have been happy that they won the game that cost them Trevor Lawrence?

Was Belichick right when he had Brady throw the ball into the stands to get the loss that gave them a home playoff game against Jacksonville?

I guess in your world Tunescribe anyone who ever has a negative take on something related to the Patriots is part of the “ fellowship,” which would make you the only person who isn’t in the “ fellowship.” IMO the “ fellowship” is those who botched and whined through their 20 year dynasty, because dominating for 20 years wasn’t good enough.

Most here want the higher draft pick over meaningless wins in December, and that’s because most here want them to have the best shot at getting better, not because they are miserable. You are one arrogant mother****er to think that makes them all “ miserable,” when in truth it makes them sensible. But hey, I’m glad you are happy with their 4 win season, anyone with standards that low is probably always happy.

18 of the last 30 SB winning QB’s were 1st round picks, and Brady won 7. This means that aside from Brady only 5 QB’s drafted outside of the 1st round won a Lombardi.
Forget who won SB’s, cause Brady defeats your argument anyway, and focus on who’s good. Almost all the successful QBs were picked at #5 or lower: Allen, Mahomes, Tua, Jackson, Watson, Herbert, Hurts, Prescott, Purdy, Wilson. Aside from Burrow, that’s your top 10 list. And many picked in the top 3 flamed out or take years to work out.

Last edited:
And, another team could trade-up in front of them too. The way the last 4 seasons have gone (with this being the worst yet), we might not even be picking as high as 5th overall. Many fans like myself, were looking forward to a legit chance to rebuild with a top 3 pick and a new and hopefully competent GM and HC, combined with solid moves in the draft and other area's. Now, for the sake of a meaningless win (with most of the players in the game that was won either not being here next season, or shouldn't be here next season), any potential joy for the off-season has greatly diminished.
I get that, and part of me was wishing Ryland would miss and we'd lose in OT after a valiant effort. But the reality is the team is too talented and too well coached to lose every game, plain and simple. They're all playing for their careers, each game is part of their film history. As fans, we can only get so upset about a win like last night, then it's just "c'est la vie".

Even if BB found a mystery illness for Zappe, Mac would probably come in throw for 350 yards. We're not a 3-14 team.

I get that, and part of me was wishing Ryland would miss and we'd lose in OT after a valiant effort. But the reality is the team is too talented and too well coached to lose every game, plain and simple. They're all playing for their careers, each game is part of their film history. As fans, we can only get so upset about a win like last night, then it's just "c'est la vie".

Even if BB found a mystery illness for Zappe, Mac would probably come in throw for 350 yards. We're not a 3-14 team.

I agree with the take that every player and coach is playing to win, as their efforts, tape, and results make their career. But I also believe that it’s completely reasonable for fans to root for the higher draft pick when the win is meaningless.
I Also agree that they are better than their record, but that’s also a reason for hoping for the higher pick this year, because they are never picking this high up, and there are several really good prospects at their highest position of need.

You can always trade up. I also think Justin Fields is as good as these kids coming out.
An off-season of

1 Sign Tee Higgins
2. Trade for Fields if Bears draft Caleb.
2 and JuJu + conditional pick if we keep.
him. Not a 1st.
3. Fashanu as our LT for 12 years.

Mondre, Pop and Henry would look better in their respective roles. Keep Onwenu at RT.
Fields will cost a fortune after next season and you don't really know who he is as a QB. You give him a big contract and you can end up with a Daniel Jones situation.

I guess this will just have to be a "Suck it up, buttercup" moment for me. I do agree with your premise. But I'm disappointed nonetheless. As Bill is fond of saying: "It is what it is".

Last edited:
Has anyone even considered that the staff is considering building around Zappe? If that happens God help us all and pray for the Krafts.

This season was horrible enough in every respect to begin with (which was the last decade of poor talent acquisition in the making), but that they can't even secure a top 3 pick on top of it, has already set the team back an additional few years at minimum in trying to rebuild a legit contender.

There's more ways to skin a cat. How did San Francisco do it? Or the Kansas City Chiefs? Both teams were making the playoffs every year and built a Superbowl contender.

I mean we always can trade up if we want a guy too..

Fields will cost a fortune after next season and you don't really know who he is as a QB. You give him a big contract and you can end up with a Daniel Jones situation.
Advanced metrics on Fields show he is a backup QB at best.
Honestly would rather have Zappe, he’s better than Fields.
I don’t get anyone wanting to give up assets for Fields, he takes forever to throw, misses wide open guys, makes the wrong read all the time, I have just been perplexed every game I watch him, he is just plain bad.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back