PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk your S**t Tom

The man has a point.... even the one injury he sustained, he got up and walked to the locker room....

How many picks would have Peyton thrown with how badly the Giants hit him in 07?

Brady is also the all time leader in QB sneaks. He had guys like Ray Lewis trying to break him in half on those.

I don't quite get this. Who thought he was "soft"? I don't recall opponents ever claiming that, or anyone else. Brady's toughness was obvious.

I don't quite get this. Who thought he was "soft"? I don't recall opponents ever claiming that, or anyone else. Brady's toughness was obvious.
There's this false narrative from sports analyst and social media that Tom's soft

How many picks would have Peyton thrown with how badly the Giants hit him in 07?

Brady is also the all time leader in QB sneaks. He had guys like Ray Lewis trying to break him in half on those.
Remember when Tom dove over the line for the 1st (or was it a TD) in the AFCCG and Ray Lewis folded him in half? I legit thought he ended his career or broke his back.

There's this false narrative from sports analyst and social media that Tom's soft
Rodney’s skirt comment didn’t help either. He should have known better than that.

Rodney’s skirt comment didn’t help either. He should have known better than that.
Yeah **** Rodney Harrison. He went from one of my favorite Patriots of all time to a punk ass ***** in five seconds flat.

The way he looked at his new media colleagues immediately after like “am I doing this right?” was genuinely pathetic.

Remember when Tom dove over the line for the 1st (or was it a TD) in the AFCCG and Ray Lewis folded him in half? I legit thought he ended his career or broke his back.
I'm glad Tom's not doing the PC BS press conferences anymore. This is the real him and it might work out after all as a color commentator if he's himself.

I still can’t wait to hear him use his bully pulpit in the booth to continue ****ting on all his old “rivals.” I know he’s gonna’.

Social media and "sports analysts"? Social media is irrelevant in that respect and I've never seen such a narrative from reputable sports media people. This still makes no sense to me. Are there examples of anyone who matters calling him soft?

It's the appearance that he begged for flags after

EVERY quarterback does that. It's part of the job and has nothing to do with being "soft." Being soft is leaving the game after being hit, not getting up, turtling, taking games off with minor injuries, etc. -- Brady did none of that.

Yep, that's exactly the play I was referring to.

Jimmy G is a soft QB. A guy who won't go above and beyond with any injury.

I don't recall an instance where Tom Brady didn't play because of some minor injury etc. Remember, he overcame a 10 point deficit to beat the Jags with a messed up hand. Played SB 42 on a gimpy ankle. Still nearly pulled that game out.

The 2015 AFC title game in Denver might be the complete opposite of a soft QB. How many other QB's would have had the team within a 2 point conversion of tying that game? Most would have been playing awful/blown out.

I was always impressed with the way Brady took hits to get some of his passes off, which is one of the things that Mac Jones seems to have issues with.

There's a very good interview of Brady around here somewhere where he talks to an auditorium full of corporate people about some of the inside issues he had while playing. One he talked about was a hit he got from Suh that he got up from and said something like nice hit friend to Suh. Suh abruptly let him know that they weren't friends and Tom said how much he appreciated that attitude.

I was always impressed with the way Brady took hits to get some of his passes off, which is one of the things that Mac Jones seems to have issues with.

There's a very good interview of Brady around here somewhere where he talks to an auditorium full of corporate people about some of the inside issues he had while playing. One he talked about was a hit he got from Suh that he got up from and said something like nice hit friend to Suh. Suh abruptly let him know that they weren't friends and Tom said how much he appreciated that attitude.
Until they became friends and Tom helped Suh get his ring, that is.

Definitely the hater’s put this narrative out there.

Strahan and Von Miller are both on record claiming Brady kept getting back up after the punishment and have nothing but respect for his toughness and competitive nature.

The "soft" label comes from him getting injured in 2008. When he came back, the media tied the Carson injury to Brady. All QBs whine.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back