PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk your S**t Tom

I was always impressed with the way Brady took hits to get some of his passes off, which is one of the things that Mac Jones seems to have issues with.

There's a very good interview of Brady around here somewhere where he talks to an auditorium full of corporate people about some of the inside issues he had while playing. One he talked about was a hit he got from Suh that he got up from and said something like nice hit friend to Suh. Suh abruptly let him know that they weren't friends and Tom said how much he appreciated that attitude.

EVERY quarterback does that. It's part of the job and has nothing to do with being "soft." Being soft is leaving the game after being hit, not getting up, turtling, taking games off with minor injuries, etc. -- Brady did none of that.

Great couple of posts.

I think dating models and actresses, the fashion clothes he wears, the movies and Hollywood stuff, posing in his underwear, etc., are all things a lot of "football" guys do not do. In other words they are things "tough" guys do not do, so it leads to a "soft" guy discussion. Tom was not soft on the field, but the whole soft storyline creeps in everywhere with social media.

Tom will be fine, but he might be a quiche-eater.

Great couple of posts.

I think dating models and actresses, the fashion clothes he wears, the movies and Hollywood stuff, posing in his underwear, etc., are all things a lot of "football" guys do not do. In other words they are things "tough" guys do not do, so it leads to a "soft" guy discussion. Tom was not soft on the field, but the whole soft storyline creeps in everywhere with social media.

Tom will be fine, but he might be a quiche-eater.
That's true but most "football" guys do not look like Brady or have his personality either ...

More Brady lore

I recall a stat from the end of their careers that showed that both Brady and Manning were at the very top of getting hit hard without drawing any roughing penalties. In other words, these 2 QBs were hit a lot more than most QBs. The only guy who took more punishment was Ben Roethlisberger.

I recall a stat from the end of their careers that showed that both Brady and Manning were at the very top of getting hit hard without drawing any roughing penalties. In other words, these 2 QBs were hit a lot more than most QBs. The only guy who took more punishment was Ben Roethlisberger.
Man was Roethlisberger a load. He kept plays going on sheer strength at times. They didn't call him Big Ben for nothing.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back