PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talibs hip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does he need surgery? Does anyone know the exact injury that he hurts every single game?

One of the worst Murphy's Law season ever for us.

Talib lost millions tonight...millions.

That issue looks to be of chronic in nature. I doubt that it'll ever fully go away for him.

It's one of the many reasons why I'm against fully committing to him until it's assured that that problem won't be a recurring issue going forward.

Something was clearly off as he got torched tonight.

That issue looks to be of chronic in nature. I doubt that it'll ever fully go away for him.

It's one of the many reasons why I'm against fully committing to him until it's assured that that problem won't be a recurring issue going forward.

Something was clearly off as he got torched tonight.

they can't commit to him long term..unless cheap. He is ALWAYS hurt. If he wants big $$..show him the door

clearly not 100% from the first play. We are legit SB contenders when our secondary is healthy, but looks like that isn't going to happen.

clearly not 100% from the first play. We are legit SB contenders when our secondary is healthy, but looks like that isn't going to happen.

:mad: oh what could've been :(

this team will go nowhere near the SB...D is too injured.

Talib lost millions tonight...millions.

Fans get over-excited. After a few weeks he had been anointed the best cb in the league -- as good as revis was prior to his injury, just as good as ty law was for us; when the reality is any good player can have a great part-season; but great players do it for a stretch of multiple seasons -- like law did; and talib has a long way to go before he should be getting that kind of recognition.
And his inability to control his temper definitely cost him millions. Teams will look at this game and wonder what happens when he's got a huge signing bonus; will he accept coaching or will he let today's acts take over

If we don't have him and/or Dennard next week...manning may pass for 5 TDs

Interesting that those who have been a bit leery of him since last season's up and down play often get criticized around here, but the truth remains that he is not the player that many see him as; especially with a chronic injury. He is good when healthy, but those times seem to be few and far between. The reality is that here in NE, we have really only seen him truly healthy a handful of games. You can probably count them on one hand.

It seems like when we need him, he is often standing on the sidelines. We saw that down the stretch run last year, we saw it during the AFCCG loss that prevented us from going to the SB yet again, and we've seen it multiple times this season, including tonight.

I have often said that I have a hard time seeing Belichick throw a lot of money at him unless there is something that can be done to address the injury, but I do not know if that is a possibility or not. More importantly, there's no guarantee that Talib would want to have the surgery if it is an option. It has limited Talib now 4 yrs in a row, and he has yet to actually complete any of his prior 5 yrs in the league at the end of the season.

I think the secondary (depending on what they'd choose to do with DMac) is still in serious need of another high draft pick.

Fans get over-excited. After a few weeks he had been anointed the best cb in the league -- as good as revis was prior to his injury, just as good as ty law was for us; when the reality is any good player can have a great part-season; but great players do it for a stretch of multiple seasons -- like law did; and talib has a long way to go before he should be getting that kind of recognition.
And his inability to control his temper definitely cost him millions. Teams will look at this game and wonder what happens when he's got a huge signing bonus; will he accept coaching or will he let today's acts take over

He had just shut down four of the better receivers in the league in consecutive games at that point. It wasn't difficult to get excited by that.

Talib is NOT the reason the Pats lost tonight...miscues and gaffes in the red zone cost this team a possible 21 points and a sure 9...Talib is what he is...you saw what we had at corner when he left...Arrington...turned a 5 yard curl into a TD...terrible coverage.

Wonder how many more weeks he will be shut down

Talib is NOT the reason the Pats lost tonight...miscues and gaffes in the red zone cost this team a possible 21 points and a sure 9...Talib is what he is...you saw what we had at corner when he left...Arrington...turned a 5 yard curl into a TD...terrible coverage.

The thing about Talib is that he has been terribly inconsistent due to his chronic hip injury both this year and last. There have been many important games or stretches that he has been standing on the sidelines, including our stretch run over the last 5-6 games last season.

He is also pretty much the sole reason why we lost the AFCCG, as we had been doing an awesome job on defense prior to him going out. I don't necessarily mean to put all of the blame of the team on him, but it's hard to adjust when your best defensive player keeps getting injured with the same chronic problem.

The reality is that we've really only seen him healthy a handful of games since he came here, and although he's certainly very talented, there was a lot of up and down play last season too.

I'd rather him stay and be healthy and productive, but I'm really not sure if that is a possibility. He has never once completed any of his 5 previous seasons at the end of the year. That is more than concerning to me.

He had just shut down four of the better receivers in the league in consecutive games at that point. It wasn't difficult to get excited by that.

It was certainly fair to be very excited after the first 4 games. The problem is that we're now going into week 12 and you just never have any idea when his grandpa like hip will flare up on him. It's hard to replace your best CB on the fly like that. I'm just not sure what kind of deal they'd even offer due to never knowing when/how long he'll be injured at any given moment.

Would you rather have the pats shut him down for another say 2-4 weeks and TRY and get healthy for playoffs? Or have him battle it so we can try and win the denver game

Would you rather have the pats shut him down for another say 2-4 weeks and TRY and get healthy for playoffs? Or have him battle it so we can try and win the denver game

We don't know the severity of specifics about it yet, nor will we. In your scenario though, I'd much rather just shut him down for another month.

The problem is that he's already been shut down for 5+ weeks now, and that apparently didn't seem to do much good, so how would we know if another 4 would do any good, especially with the playoffs coming up?

In your scenario, we'd have shut him down for 5 weeks, then another 4 after that. There has to be some point where you start to wonder if bringing in another free agent CB who will actually play in the games (although with lesser talent) would be a better choice.

This year is almost in the bag mainly because of all the injuries...playoffs? Probably. Not very far into them though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back