PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take this to the bank : The reasons the Patriots deserve better from the "fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. In the last 13 years, 9 playoff berths, 7 division titles, 4 AFC Championships, 3 Super Bowl Championships. If their spoiled "fans" think its better anywhere else in the NFL, good luck.
Bill Belichick, the one responsible for keeping a competitive team, made hard choices, like not overpaying overated WR's, older kickers, and older LB's so that the team will be strong for years, took no-name replacements and got them within 4 point of a SB with them in a transition year and has the team up salary cap wise and draft choice wise to stay in championship contention for years.
Tom Brady, took a receiving corp of Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, TRoy Brown, Chad Jackson within 4 points of a Super Bowl while playing all year with a hurting shoulder.
14 playoff games in 6 years. 12 wins. 3 Titles.
I guess to be a team worthy of a little love during the down times you have to win the title every year.

Well, grow up people. Its a game. Nobody shot your dog. You want the players to come through every time and suck it up when they are hurt.

Its time to look in the mirror and follow your own advise. Dont just be "fans" when they win a Super Bowl.

2. See #1

3. See #2

Wow, I didn't know Dan Shaughnessy posted on these boards! Welcome, Dan! :rolleyes:

I think 98% of the people posting here love the team and fully appreciate what they've done.

1% fair weather fan
1% charger trolls

Making up the last 2%.

I was upset at the posts calling out Bruschi and Vrabel too then I realized there will always be the lunatic fringe in every group. Just ignore it.

BTW being born in 1968 I was a kid during the Celtics 1980 runs. I was too young to realize that it would come to an end. It seemed like it would be the Celtics/Lakers every year. That taught me a great lesson about taking the good times for granted. I was certainly disappointed the other night but seriously what a great year we had and what a great run it is. We are set up Cap-wise for it to continue for a while but enjoy it because even it will end some day.

fine. how about people calling warriors like Mike Vrabel and Tedy Bruschi "turds"?
They cant be called out for that?

have you been reading the threads? And then you say nobody is crying in their beer?

What are you smoking?

But by creating and titling this thread as you did,it appeared to me that you've lumped all fans here into that category and it's simply not true. The majority of regular posters in this forum love this team,love analyzing this team,and are the epitome of loyalists.
Pats fans have seen the good,the bad,and the ugly over the years and nobody appreciates what this franchise has accomplished more than we do.Have they spoiled us? Maybe to a certain degree they have,but from what I've seen here most fans have taken this loss pretty damn well and of those that struggled with it,they have regrouped.
You're taking what I assume to be heat-of-the-moment comments and turning them into some sort of pervasive attitude which is not only unfair but it smacks of a lack of understanding of what this board is about and the type of people that post on it. I've been reading this board for quite sometime and from where I sit you won't find any more knowledgable fans than right here. Also many have become friends,and if you can't come to a refuge like this and vent among friends then where can you do it.
I'll agree with one thing,though-Boston fans are among the most passionate in the country regardless of the sport,and any player that arrives here knows that and needs to be prepared for it.
That said,we are sorta like parents who may criticize their kids,get mad at their kids,but through it all the unconditional love remains,and we'd never trade a second of it for anything.
Win or Lose there's no other team out there I'd rather support than the New England Patriots. I couldn't be prouder,because I remember where we came from. GO PATS!!:rocker:

But by creating and titling this thread as you did,it appeared to me that you've lumped all fans here into that category and it's simply not true. The majority of regular posters in this forum love this team,love analyzing this team,and are the epitome of loyalists.
Pats fans have seen the good,the bad,and the ugly over the years and nobody appreciates what this franchise has accomplished more than we do.Have they spoiled us? Maybe to a certain degree they have,but from what I've seen here most fans have taken this loss pretty damn well and of those that struggled with it,they have regrouped.
You're taking what I assume to be heat-of-the-moment comments and turning them into some sort of pervasive attitude which is not only unfair but it smacks of a lack of understanding of what this board is about and the type of people that post on it. I've been reading this board for quite sometime and from where I sit you won't find any more knowledgable fans than right here. Also many have become friends,and if you can't come to a refuge like this and vent among friends then where can you do it.
I'll agree with one thing,though-Boston fans are among the most passionate in the country regardless of the sport,and any player that arrives here knows that and needs to be prepared for it.
That said,we are sorta like parents who may criticize their kids,get mad at their kids,but through it all the unconditional love remains,and we'd never trade a second of it for anything.
Win or Lose there's no other team out there I'd rather support than the New England Patriots. I couldn't be prouder,because I remember where we came from. GO PATS!!:rocker:

Right on! Boston fans are probably some of the most loyal in the country. I still see people wearing Bruins gear (including licence plates) even though that team has done nothing in the last 20 years. The Celts sell out every now and then. The last time they went to the playoffs was three years ago in a league where you have to try not to get a playoff berth. The Sox...86 years. 'nuff said. It took 41 years for the Pats to win a Super Bowl.

To say that Boston fans don't deserve the teams that they have is dishonest.

Yeah, the Patriots were so lucky to keep their coaching staff intact for all three Super Bowls. That was crazy luck.

Are you saying that Belichick made a mistake making McDaniels OC?

You really are sort of new here if you've asked that question!

Actually, yes he is!

The previous OC that he thought was even worse the whole time he was here was Charlie Weis! He hammered Charlie's play calling on a weekly if not daily basis through all 3 Pats Superbowl runs. :D

So obviously McDaniels is fair game after the team missed making the Superbowl due to some lousy, uninspired second half offensive play calling couldn't produce a sustained drive to run out the clock before the winning touchdown by the Colts. We shouldn't have needed a miracle 50 second drive to win!!

Last edited:
NE has been and always will be RED SOX country.
I was back home in the fall and my brothers were still taking about who the Sox should get for next year. And this is during football season!
Can you image if the Sox won 3/4 World Series??

Still down and depressed since I took my vacation next week, and was looking forward to super bowl week ,but now Im looking forward to spending with my wife.. I should cancel my vacation

Venting disapointment is one thing, but there are a core of Patriots such as Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Tom Brady,Troy Brown,Tedy Bruschi,Richard Seymour,Mike Vrabel etc who have given us SO MUCH that they deserve the right to not be called names such as "turds" or "chokers" EVER.

Its a clear distinction, it should be a no-brainer, and a lot of that attitude was on display the other night and I, as a grateful fan, felt it should be called out.

However, if anyone feels its ok to call Tedy Bruschi a turd, Mike Vrabel a turd, or say Tom Brady choked, after what they have meant to this city, and knowing that they dont owe us a thing, than thats a "fan" who should go root for the Jets or something.

Venting disapointment is one thing, but there are a core of Patriots such as Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Tom Brady,Troy Brown,Tedy Bruschi,Richard Seymour,Mike Vrabel etc who have given us SO MUCH that they deserve the right to not be called names such as "turds" or "chokers" EVER.

Its a clear distinction, it should be a no-brainer, and a lot of that attitude was on display the other night and I, as a grateful fan, felt it should be called out.

However, if anyone feels its ok to call Tedy Bruschi a turd, Mike Vrabel a turd, or say Tom Brady choked, after what they have meant to this city, and knowing that they dont owe us a thing, than thats a "fan" who should go root for the Jets or something.

My point is,you took 1-2 people's comments and turned it into news.
If you watch a game at a sports bar and one out of 10 fans screams "You A-Hole" after a bad play,do you call the entire pub bad fans? Of course not. Either way,I'm not one of them.

Jayza Criste, what's with the dumping on Red Sox fans? We're not all whiny semi-suicidal wimps. Not just you, but it pops up quite a lot on Pats boards.

Because the Red sox fans don't want to hear the truth. They don't win but once a century because they build a team to play in the Green Monstrosity.

Red Sox fans have no idea how warped their teams always are are. Who is the last Red Sox left handed twenty game winner? Ignorant Red Sox "fans" have no idea. But it's the true Curse of the Bambino.

He, Babe Ruth, is the last lefty pitching almost a hundred years ago. As far as I know, he might be the ONLY lefty who ever won twenty games at the Monstrosity on the Fens. How can you build a team capable of winning the other half of the season, on the Road, with such a warped team? Answer: You can't!

Is there any wonder that they win every 86 years or century or so?

My point is,you took 1-2 people's comments and turned it into news.
If you watch a game at a sports bar and one out of 10 fans screams "You A-Hole" after a bad play,do you call the entire pub bad fans? Of course not. Either way,I'm not one of them.

I apologize if you or anyone else took it as calling all Patriot fans as being that way. I was talking about the people who were getting way out of line in their venting.

it was more than 1 or 2 comments, btw

The defense wore down because Josh McDaniels had nothing that he could come up with to counter the changes the Colts D coordinator made at half time.

Thats why OC's need a lot of NFL experience, to see changes, to make the counter moves, and to understand what is in your opposing coaches heads..and how they trend...

McDaniels is far too much out of his league, and he did nothing to sustain the offense in the second half, to give the defense some breathing time... the longest drive the Pats had in the second half consisted of 6 plays...all the rest were 3, 4 or 5 plays and then nothing........

Extremely silly post. Does McDaniels play safety or Linebacker while the defense is on the field?

There are "fans" who pull that stuff when we don't win impressively enough.

I think it's too much exposure to Mercury.

We compete every year and we have the picks and money to fix our problems.

I think we need to draft WRs with our first 4 picks.

You've got a point regarding those fans who refer to our players as "turds". I was thinking the same thing. However, these fans do not represent the entire fan, at least those on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes