PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tailgating At Gillette for Saints@Pats

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I come in peace. Four of us are going to make the trip up yalls way from New Orleans in a few weeks for Sox/Yankees (go sox) and of course Saints/Patriots. Our tailgating is different in New Orleans in that it's mostly done at bars considering our Dome is in the middle of downtown with very limited parking that would allow for tailgating. How is the tailgating outside of Gillette? If we walk around with a couple cases of beer and a good attitude will we have any problems making friends who will allow us to hang out for a bit? Thanks for any help that can be offered.

At the very least you do have a number of bars just outside the stadium within Patriots Place. More important than the tailgating in your case is where are you staying and how are you getting to the stadium?

Also, all four of us are vaccinated if that makes any difference
At the very least you do have a number of bars just outside the stadium within Patriots Place. More important than the tailgating in your case is where are you staying and how are you getting to the stadium?
Thanks for the info. We are staying at a hotel in the downtown Boston area. Our plan was to take an UBER to Foxborough at whatever time the parking lots open to tailgating and then just let traffic die down after the game before calling an UBER back to Boston.

Thanks for the info. We are staying at a hotel in the downtown Boston area. Our plan was to take an UBER to Foxborough at whatever time the parking lots open to tailgating and then just let traffic die down after the game before calling an UBER back to Boston.
Look up GameDay train tickets out of South Station. At least a one way ticket might be worth the price

The lots for the Saints game would open at 9AM. The trip depending on where you are in Boston to Gillette would be somewhere between 40-50 miles.

If you want to pre game in Boston and take the train to and from the game will be your easiest bet.
You will never be able to get an Uber back home. The place is a log jam after the game

Let the traffic die down after the game….

You really aren’t from around here, are you….

Lots open 4 hours before kickoff. Like others said you can grab food and drinks at Patriot place next to the stadium. Anything from seafood to burgers . I often go to Daviios and sit at the bar then go in the stadium 45 min before kickoff. I would uber in and take the train back. Its a great experience.

don't buy the chowder INSIDE the stadium...you'll get laughed off the concourse :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Do not take an UBER to the game. Terrible idea. You can take a train, but will not he able to tailgate....or rent a car and tailgate. Uber will be terrible

As for joining a tailgate with a case of beer....I'd say it will be hit or miss....there is a lot of tailgating going on.

Does anyone know of a Boston sports bar with a game day party bus?

Where you pay per person and they provide transportation, drink and food?

If you want to pre game in Boston and take the train to and from the game will be your easiest bet.
You will never be able to get an Uber back home. The place is a log jam after the game

NO!!! Do NOT take the train -- it is unreliable, often slow and can make you late for the game, plus it leaves very soon afterward. We've been through this a hundred times on this board. I'm speaking from experience with the damn thing.

NO!!! Do NOT take the train -- it is unreliable, often slow and can make you late for the game, plus it leaves very soon afterward. We've been through this a hundred times on this board. I'm speaking from experience with the damn thing.
Tune I agree. What are their other options. Game gets over at 11:30. Patriot Place shuts down at 1:00. Traffic still heavy 2 hours after game. No Uber driver is going to want to go anywhere near that place
Edit: Thinking it was a night game They will be fine. Drink at Patriot Place after the game and wait till it clears out.

If I were you, honestly, Uber to the game really early and take the train back. Yes it leaves immediately after the game, but if you don't f*** around in the stadium and go right to it you'll make it.

If you prioritize post-game boozing more than tailgating, then take the train to the game and just stay late after.

Other than that it might not be a bad idea just renting a car for the night and splitting it 4 ways. probably cheaper than an Uber but you'll need a DD

Good afternoon all, I come in peace. Four of us are going to make the trip up yalls way from New Orleans in a few weeks for Sox/Yankees (go sox) and of course Saints/Patriots. Our tailgating is different in New Orleans in that it's mostly done at bars considering our Dome is in the middle of downtown with very limited parking that would allow for tailgating. How is the tailgating outside of Gillette? If we walk around with a couple cases of beer and a good attitude will we have any problems making friends who will allow us to hang out for a bit? Thanks for any help that can be offered.

RENT A CAR and drive to the game. DO NOT take the train, it is unreliable, is known to run late and could ruin your experience. Plus, it departs immediately after the game so you can't hang out afterward. Forget Uber. RENT A CAR and plan to arrive when the lots open AT LEAST three hours before kickoff, preferably four. Highway access to the stadium gets very congested early and you want to avoid that. If you need to leave relatively soon after the game park at a private lot about a mile from the stadium ($30-$40). Stadium lots ($40) take a long time to empty out but if you want to hang out an hour or two afterward that won't matter as much. If you insist on tailgating, do some shopping and put it in your RENTAL CAR. My recommendation is forget tailgating and party at the Patriot Place bars and restaurants (adjacent to the stadium) before and after the game. Whatever you do, make arrival at least three hours prior to kickoff your priority. The only downside to this plan is one of you must remain sober for driving afterward, which might prove challenging after the Saints get their butts kicked. :)

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back