PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superstitions and Lucky Charms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every superstition I've had in the past has failed me at some point.
Nooo that never happens

Sarcastic-No-Way-Kristen-Wiig-Reaction-Gif.gif

I am more superstitious thanks I care to admit. It's ridiculous. Regular season and playoffs, I wear the same thing (change it up when they lose), order the same exact meal of the games they win (change it up when they lose, always have to order before game time). I'll never forget, in 2005, every time I had General Tso's chicken, they won. Those times I wasn't able to order it, they lost. The playoff game vs Denver was the only time it didn't work. And in my insane mind, if I don't do the same things, they definitely lose.

Got Patriot's socks and Patriot's PJs for Christmas (thanks Mom !), and they haven't lost since I started wearing them. Obviously it's the socks, the PJs, and the meals I order, not their great play.

This is 100% me. I was gifted a Patriots anklet for Christmas, cheap lil thing but we are undefeated so far when I wear it. After the Charges game I didn't want to take it off and it broke. I freaked out, went yelling to my husband that he has to fix it or we will lose to the Chiefs. Thank God for Gorilla glue....

Aside from that whatever we start cooking or eating for the playoffs we continue to do the exact same thing and hope for the best outcome. I will stick to the same superstition until proved otherwise.

If I watch the game with my in-laws, the Pats lose. Sorry about LII.

They only watched the first half of LI at my house and it was a disaster. They they went home during halftime and everything worked out fine.

The Pats are 2-1 in Super Bowls since I got my youth XL (for $20 it was the same size as a men's medium) red throwback Gronk jersey. I might have removed it right around when the score of LI was 21-3 but I can't remember. Can't really attribute any superstitious value to it since we lost last year. However, I was watching that one at my grandparents' house, and the Pats are .500 at best when I do that, so there's confounding variables.

That's awesome! You may remember the guy I'm talking about...African American, was wearing these odd white gloves (might have been football gloves but looked a little like Mickey Mouse gloves too), really friendly and energetic, seemed like a regular. He did the first down cheer and also had a few other good ones ("You don't smoke the Blount, the Blount smokes you!")

That bar was awesome in spite of those changes you mentioned. If it were near me I'd go every week. We have a decent one in the Bay Area called the Connecticut Yankee but too tough to get there each week.

Interesting...don't remember the man...but I remember doing the first down chant. I usually sat up in front to the right hand side because I'd get there at 7:15AM....and the guy next to me always got there like 7AM to grab the front center tables and had a stack of newspapers. By 10AM, it would be a full house and I'd be unable to see anyone else except for the people walking in the front door...I sat to the right hand side to not have the sun shine in my eyes when that door opened.

We had some other characters I remember including an older man wearing shoulder pads....another dude who brought a Pat Patriot helmet and put it on the table....

Fun times.....

A customer of mine got me a Brady jersey shirt that I've worn since under my usual Brady reebok jersey since the Bills home game. I know it has no effect on the outcome sunday night but I'll de damned if I'm not wearing it regardless.

YOU WEAR THOSE PJs ON SUNDAY YOU HEAR ME SCOTT99??
Trust me, the PJs and socks will be worn on Sunday, as well as will be ordering the same meal. I got you guys, will not let Pat’s nation down !

I scream profanity. It’s super charming.

After reading about all your weird rituals and magical items of clothing, I think it's important that you tell Tom Brady that he has had nothing to do with this run of excellence since 2001. Stop being so self-centered and tell the man the truth. Brady deserves a few days in his La-Z-Boy drinking beer and chowing down on a Meat Lover's with extra cheese pizza, for God's sake. As long as you keep doing what you do, the Pats will win the Super Bowl on Sunday. As you were, ladies and gentlemen.

This thing. I call it my wife’s voodoo charm. It’s a Pats logo sitting on some rosary beads and a picture of the pope or some demon, not sure, don’t care, I just know it’s supposedly blessed and it works. She started it a few years ago when she figured out that Pats winning = happy husband.

When this is placed in the optimal position long winning streaks occur.

We were 10-0 in 2015 before the Great Christmas Tree Fiasco of 2015 occurred and it was moved for Christmas decorations before the Sunday night game against the Broncos.

Since then any adjustments to its location have been small. I did move it during halftime of SB51 and I’m pretty sure it’s responsible for the greatest comeback of all time. Last year I never touched it because I thought we had it up until the end.

I made an adjustment a few weeks ago as it has been an up and down season but I think I have it in the sweet spot now.

LToiQXXm.jpg

I got a new Brady jersey before the 2007-2008 SuperBowl. After we lost the game, I ripped it off and chucked it into the corner of the closet. It hasn’t been moved since and the fiancée and kiddo knows not to touch it.

I can’t wear jerseys during games, they always play bad when I do.

During the 2014 season I got food from this place down here called McAllisters Deli every game except for 4. Those four games were:

Week 1 Miami - L
Week 4 KC - L
Week 13 GB - L
Week 17 Buf - L

So every week I got a sandwich from there during the game the Pats won. I tried to go back to the well during the 2015 AFC title game but of course we lost and I haven’t eaten from there during a game since.

In the Brady era

When I am watching with friends: 2 (Panthers, Eagles 1) - 3 (Giants x2, Eagles 2)
When I am watching alone: 3-0 (Rams 1, Seahawks, Eagles)

I am going to watch alone this Sunday ;)

i watch the game alone
blue Pats hoodie
blue Under Armour shorts
i dont start drinking until the 4th quarter

Let's see:

Wearing the same jersey the team wears on gameday is a must.

I have a Tom Brady away jersey that seems to always bring us bad luck. We've lost more games when I've worn it (It's also what I had on during last year's SB).

The Edelman away jersey has much better luck, which is what I wore during the Chief's playoff game, the Seahawks SB, and the Falcons SB. It's stained and dirty as hell right now, but washing it before this week's SB would be bad luck, I think.

I got this one red throwback hoodie that I now only wear during off season and bye weeks. Any time I've worn it during game week, we've taken an L.

I had a toothpick during the Seahawks SB and held on to it the entire night. When we won, I kept it with me. Through the following season, I held on to that thing even after it broke. I really thought it had magic. That season we went 11-0. Then we lost to the ****ing Broncos and I threw it somewhere and lost it.

If I watch the game with my in-laws, the Pats lose. Sorry about LII.

They only watched the first half of LI at my house and it was a disaster. They they went home during halftime and everything worked out fine.
I don't want them within 10 miles of your house, or you within 10 miles of theirs.

I haven’t taken a shower since the Immaculate Interception.

This whole season, when I wore my Light jersey, we won. The times I wore my White jersey we lost. Ive been wearing the same clothes for the playoffs and not stopping in the superbowl. This includes a certain pair of patriots socks, patriots sb 51 champs longsleeve shirt, jeans, and my light jersey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST