PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super early Should we sign him: Peyton Hillis likely to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badluck

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "nobody expects" Peyton Hillis to re-sign with the Browns.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported last week that the Browns are expected to let Hillis walk, so it's hardly a surprise Schefter's (likely well connected) sources agree. Schefter believes "Dallas makes as much sense as any other potential landing spot" for Hillis in free agency.
looks like hillis will walk this offseason

half tongue in cheek half not :D

He's a fumbler who's been accused of dogging it due to his contract status.

That may be just a bit different from the sort of player BB looks for next year. ;)

Ahahahahahahhahah... you're joking right.

He's everything we aren't looking for in a RB/football player.

Nope. He's being an a**hole, I mean malingerer, because of his contract status. Something we absolutely don't need.

Do not want.

He can't touch BJGE for reliability or consistence.

Why did McDaniels get fired again?

Let's review:

This guy is a marginal college player. All of the sudden, he is a 250 pound, unstoppable beast terrorizing NFL defenses.

Then, all of the sudden, his body starts breaking down and the team doesn't want him because of his "erratic behavior."

Conclusion:

This guy is pumped full of more HGH and Dianabol than the 1970s Steelers, Clay Matthews and Barry Bonds combined.

i dont think we need anything else at the RB position. Law firm, Ridley, Woodhead, and Vereen are enough for our running game.

One good rb fantasy year does not equate him to an every down NFL player. Pretty apparent the guy is an injury waiting to happen once he gets healthy. Not to mention he seems like a very me type of player.

Instead of going out another year and capitalizing on his success in Cleveland he pulls a pout session and turns this ugly. Stay quiet, do your job and the money will come. 1 year does not earn you a big boy contract as just a little over a year ago you were a scrub Hillis. Get healthy and go prove yourself all over again, the injuries and the attitude have cost you your hopeful millions you so desired.

I agree with what others have posted on Hillis. Matt Forte is someone I'd take a serious look at however.

One good rb fantasy year does not equate him to an every down NFL player. Pretty apparent the guy is an injury waiting to happen once he gets healthy. Not to mention he seems like a very me type of player.

Instead of going out another year and capitalizing on his success in Cleveland he pulls a pout session and turns this ugly. Stay quiet, do your job and the money will come. 1 year does not earn you a big boy contract as just a little over a year ago you were a scrub Hillis. Get healthy and go prove yourself all over again, the injuries and the attitude have cost you your hopeful millions you so desired.

His agent must be a moron.

PASS

10char. Wasted $$$

RB's = a dime a dozen :p

He had 1 good season and now he wants big bucks.

No, signing RBs for lots of money is too risky.

Believe me, you don't want this guy on your team.

I don't really think the Pats have a running game problem, they just don't utilize it enough consistently.

Running backs need consistent touches to develop a groove. They stuck with it more in the Jets game, and it was very effective.

Last edited:
While reading the title, I thought I was going to see peyton M, then I saw the H
No.

There are a lot of potential free agents I would like the Pats to sign next offseason. Hillis isn't one of them.

A very tough, talented baby and quitter.

Nah, I think we should pass. We've got 5 fantastic RBs on the roster. I don't think we need a banged up RB who may or may not be good.

Vereen>Adrian Peterson> Peyton Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore