PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl XLIX Carroll/Belichick prolepsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to nitpick, but the defense reacted to the play, that's why they sent Butler out at the last minute when they saw 3 wide receiver package on the goal line. It just so happens Carroll chose the play that was most successful for them on the goal line and the Pats had picked that up and practiced it. And the Seahawks were right, it was a high percentage play. If it was anyone else other than Browner on the line against Kearse, Butler would have been rubbed and the Seahawks would have scored and probably won the Superbowl that year.

The stars aligned perfectly that day.

You're right, the corners were based on the number of receivers the Seahawks sent out, but I still think Belichick baited Carroll into throwing the ball and they had Avery good idea what they would run and we're ready for it.

We do not know what else the Pats practiced against - I am sure they had against their whole goal line package.

We do not know what else the Pats practiced against - I am sure they had against their whole goal line package.
They ran this particular play with three different defenders in Malcolm's spot: Jamie, Patrick and Malcolm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes