Not open for further replies.

Dingleberry

A master debater and a cunning linguist
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Try to put yourself back in time to the nervousness of OT.

The review shows James White was down before getting into the endzone. They get stuffed on 3rd and goal. So it's 4th and goal just inside the 1.

What are you hoping they do as a fan in the moment? Run, pass, FG?

What do you THINK Belichick does?

Lol... i thought about this previously myself. But all logic says they have to kick tge field goal. Even BB logic. Even though his name should be BBBB - big balls Bill Belichick

Line up for the FG. Ghost sneak up the middle.

Go for it - the probability of winning is over 50% right then and there. Lombardi went for it in the Ice Bowl.

Remember Atlanta goes on all 4th downs until in FG range - big advantage.

Go for the TD. "We're trying to win"

Brady bootleg with the option to pass to Bennett in case the D doesn't bite.

Works every time, wish they would try it more. Even Manning waltzed into the endzone on that play a few years ago.

We probably kick.

But if Brady sneaks, its 100% guaranteed isn't it? With the Super Bowl on the line, there could be 4 defenders on Brady and he would will his way into that end zone.

It could have even been that stupid ****ing swinging gate play the Dolts tried a few years ago and Tom would have powered his way in.

Actually, scratch the kick. I think BB would put the game in Tom's hands.

Last edited:
Have Edelman and Amendola both line up on the right side. When the ball is snapped, One picks the other's coverage guy and the other runs an inside slant.
I think that could work...for the Pats.

After losing two superbowls and thinking about all the hypotheticals of how we could have won, I'm not going to torture into anymore hypotheticals when we actually do win.
this. Same with SB 49 also..

I have a hypothetical question.

Let's suppose the Patriots kick the field goal to go up 31-28. The Falcons then receive the kickoff at their 25. On first down, Matt Ryan launches a deep pass down the sideline to Julio Jones, but Eric Rowe tips it up into the air to a waiting Devin McCourty, who catches it at the NE 20. McCourty, wanting to be sure he has secured possession, takes a few extra steps with the ball and makes a clear football move to establish a game ending turnover. He does in fact secure possession, but before he can kneel down, Taylor Gabriel strips him from behind (Troy Brown style.). The ball sputters out and rolls into the waiting arms of Devonta Freeman, who is running in stride towards the end zone. He scoops it up and scores, and the scoreboard is Atlanta 34, New England 31.

Who wins the game? Does the game end the instant New England gains possession?

And also, suppose Freeman does not score but rather re-establishes possession. Would Atlanta keep the ball, or is the game over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes