PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl discussion thread (Poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win?

• Queefs

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Niners

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
The Niners make lots of stupid mistakes.

Can hate on him all you want, or on his family, or whatever, bu Mahomes is ICE when the game's on the line. No stage it too big for him or that team. They're the best coached team on both sides of the ball right now. I thought they were vulnerable - until they made Baltimore look stupid.

It'll be interesting, but the Chiefs win it.

The issue in this game is that while BP has the all-time highest YPA in a season, he has underperformed against top defenses and the Chiefs are ranked #2 in total defense and #4 in passing defense. The key to the game for SF might be the running game, given that they have McCaffrey, Deebo, an All-Pro FB in Juszczyk and the Chiefs have the #17 ranked run defense.

I still can't figure out how the Chiefs shut down the Ravens run game.

Can hate on him all you want, or on his family, or whatever, bu Mahomes is ICE when the game's on the line. No stage it too big for him or that team. They're the best coached team on both sides of the ball right now. I thought they were vulnerable - until they made Baltimore look stupid.

Their defense is what got them there this year.

The issue in this game is that while BP has the all-time highest YPA in a season, he has underperformed against top defenses and the Chiefs are ranked #2 in total defense and #4 in passing defense. The key to the game for SF might be the running game, given that they have McCaffrey, Deebo, an All-Pro FB in Juszczyk and the Chiefs have the #17 ranked run defense.

Easy, BAL chose not to run the ball, which is baffling.

Mahomes stats in SBs are average at best.

This game boils down to Purdy vs Pressure. The Chiefs DL is going to create major problems for the 49ers OL. Shanahan is going to need to craft up some brilliant schemes in order for 49ers to run the ball. Without the play action they can’t hit any big plays, other than guys making it happen after the catch.

There run defense isn’t even that good he doesn’t need to do anything brilliant other than give CMC the ball. They have the best run game when you take out Lamar yds from the ravens rush attack. Bills/ Ravens had success rushing CMC will be feed KC better hope they can defend Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle

There run defense isn’t even that good he doesn’t need to do anything brilliant other than give CMC the ball. They have the best run game when you take out Lamar yds from the ravens rush attack. Bills/ Ravens had success rushing CMC will be feed KC better hope they can defend Deebo/Aiyuk/Kittle
I agree. The key to San Fran winning is feeding CMC early and often ...

KC didn’t necessarily stop the run. Baltimore just stopped running the ball and went away from their strengths. Also, yes..the game will ultimately come down to how well (if at all) Purdy handles Spags’ pressure packages. They’ll need CMC to flex out into some routes a bit more. I believe KC LB Gay is out. That’s huge; Tranquil is a beast though. SF will absolutely need YAC this game because KC tackles extremely well.

Even in Brady's era it was well known that QB stats were inflated due to rule changes.
Yes. And Tom's individual statistics were good...even quite good if not very good, in his first six years starting.

But they weren't amazing until '07. Tom made himself a great quarterback by yes working his ass off but mostly studying and learning the game. That's what puts him in the GOAT conversation. Involving and leading his teammates while not considering himself above anyone including coaches, opponents and officials.

As opposed to just passing like crazy with no feel for the progression of the game or intelligent action to enable winning.

I'm not saying Mahomes is stupid,

...ooops looks like I just did.

Yes. And Tom's individual statistics were good...even quite good if not very good, in his first six years starting.

But they weren't amazing until '07. Tom made himself a great quarterback by yes working his ass off but mostly studying and learning the game. That's what puts him in the GOAT conversation. Involving and leading his teammates while not considering himself above anyone including coaches, opponents and officials.

As opposed to just passing like crazy with no feel for the progression of the game or intelligent action to enable winning.

I'm not saying Mahomes is stupid,

...ooops looks like I just did.
Kermit has improved dramatically in the mental part of the game. He doesn't play hero ball and takes what the defenses give him.

You can look at it however you want, but it doesn't change the context of the argument. Sports always evolve, rules always change. Its never made a single difference to the NFL Record & Fact book.
Stats are stats.

Is Mark McGwire better than Babe Ruth? Um, no.

Is Wayne Gretzky 'better' than Rocket Richard? Or Jean Beliveau?

Are Pete Sampras or Roger Federer 'better' than Rod Laver?

Tom racked up stats as his experience increased along with the talent of his receivers. But Tom Brady was never about stats. Just the final score.
You are now making the same argument that every Montana fluffer was making as Brady was climbing the charts, threatening his seat at the top of the heap.
I think you may have breezed through my post a little quickly. Tom certainly played the game similarly to his boyhood idol, and Rehbein nailed it in his scouting report. I think Montana and Brady (and Flutie) are the best of their respective eras, but I don't put them above Graham, Layne, Unitas or Starr. My criteria is who gives you the best chance to win the game.

For me, Montana's predecessor in that category is Plunkett, preceded by Starr, preceded by Unitas, preceded by Layne, preceded by Graham.

Everyone is on the Chefs my wallet may not like that @TheRainMaker
This is a tough game, but the Chefs own them. This will be a big game for Kyle. He may have to take some risks Reid did in their first matchup.

The 49ers can't afford to get behind like they have the last two games with the Chefs defense. It's their best defense since 1997.

I wonder if the 9ers take the ball this time if they win the coin toss?

Bosa and Young have been very bad against the run with Young being non existent rushing the passer. Let's see if this trend continues where the T's take them out of the play and the edge is free for the runners.

The 49ers have hoarded a lot of DE's these last two seasons. It's time for them to show up.

Mahomes stats in SBs are average at best.
Agreed but his 4th quarters were really good I believe because both wins the Chiefs were trailing in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs are what the Pats were in the playoffs, play smart and wait for the other teams to do something stupid and they always do.

The Ravens organization, players and fans must still be wondering why the Ravens decided to not run the ball against the Chiefs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back