PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What else are we going to talk about right now?
I came to see what you guys are talking about. My fellow Pats fans. That’s why I’m not ignoring the thread, but this is my digital turf (insert keyboard warrior comment here) and I don’t want to see the threads started by other fan bases.

I think Eagles will rightly be favored, but Mahomes has a few more weeks for his ankle to heal. Should be a good one.
Don’t be fooled. His ankle isn’t in as bad of shape as he’s letting on. Dudes fine.

I didn't finish watching the last 10 minutes or so why is #NFLRigged trending

Eagles. League will correct itself after the abortion of officiating today that carried the Chiefs to the win.
Disagree. This one will make the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl look like it was called right down the middle.

I believe the Eagles have been consistently underrated this year because of their weak schedule. However they are very healthy at the right time of year and KC is not.
Also Eagles defense is MUCH better than KC defense but the offenses are about the same.

I think Eagles win by 10.

I'm still undecided on who I dislike more as a team. Does Hurts do or say annoying things in his press conferences and/or social media? I just realized I have no idea if he's likeable, I just don't like the darned Iggles. I for sure don't like the Queefs or any of their players either. Damn. Tough SB to watch.

I think your team is going to get clapped. Objectively. You have the advantage at QB and TE. The Eagles are better just about everywhere else.
Chiefs have Jones & Clarke on D. Have Kelce on O

QB is the big one though. Eagles pass rush is negated if Mahomes gets the ball out quick and doesn't try to look for that home run pass. Got to think Eagles focus is on Kelce and forcing someone else to beat them. Someone like JuJu or Hardman has to come up big in this game.

Reid has the experience. Sirianni first trip to big dance. Will that play a factor? Who knows.

We need to win this game. 2 SB losses with a title game collapse mixed in would be soul crushing.

Mahomes foot will hopefully be fully healed. But I'm not sure we can take this game if we are scoring 20-25 points. Might take 30's or more. I'm not sold on Hurts yet. Can he win in a close postseason game where his D isn't playing excellent?

What keeps me hopeful is that generally the better QB seems to win these games. There have been exceptions due to unique circumstances.

2013: Seahawks destroyed Manning behind an all time great D.

2015: Broncos beat Cats behind an all time great D.

2017: Butler fiasco

I don’t care for Filthy but I hate the Chiefs more. Fly Eagles Fly 38-21 Philly

I'm still undecided on who I dislike more as a team. Does Hurts do or say annoying things in his press conferences and/or social media? I just realized I have no idea if he's likeable, I just don't like the darned Iggles. I for sure don't like the Queefs or any of their players either. Damn. Tough SB to watch.
I think generally speaking the Eagles are more hated because of the fans.I don't think any of their current players are hated really.

Which is another issue. Eagles fans will undoubtedly outnumber Chiefs fans in Glendale.

I think generally speaking the Eagles are more hated because of the fans.I don't think any of their current players are hated really.

Which is another issue. Eagles fans will undoubtedly outnumber Chiefs fans in Glendale.

Last Pats/Eagles Super Bowl was like 90% Eagles fans. They travel.

Yeah you’re basically going to be playing at the Linc

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I believe the Eagles have been consistently underrated this year because of their weak schedule. However they are very healthy at the right time of year and KC is not.
Also Eagles defense is MUCH better than KC defense but the offenses are about the same.

I think Eagles win by 10.
Sans Mahomes ankle, I'm unsure we have other big injuries.

If his ankle is healed, I could see KC favored by three or four maybe.

Yeah you’re basically going to be playing at the Linc
Meh. That may not matter though.

SB 39 was mostly Eagles fans.

Patriots still won.

Then again, this KC team is nowhere close to the level of that Pats team.

Man, I was hoping for anything but eagles vs chiefs/bills. Wanted SOMEONE to root for.
But the decision is still pretty easy for me. Root against Mahomes and the wannabe dynasty (and tbh if he gets his second now, they’re absolutely knocking on the door of a dynasty). This eagles team is completely different from the one that beat us and I don’t really have much reason to root against them besides not loving Philly overall.

The 2004 Patriots were one of the all time best teams in league history. They literally did not have a weakness even with Ty Law out.
My point.

That 2004 Patriots team might have been the best of the bunch.

Chiefs don't have many weaknesses. But there are a few.

Eagles pass D can be shaky. How good is Hurts?

If the Chiefs don't get healthier on offense before the bowl , it could get ugly for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back