Votes: 41 23.8%
  • RLKAG (don’t care)

Votes: 27 15.7%

• Total voters

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Most books have it as a pick em. First time since Pats-Seahawks. Though I think last years they had Pats-Rams as a pick ‘em for about one minute before the line got smashed to Pats -2.5.

Super Bowl 2020 odds: 49ers vs. Chiefs opening line released by halftime of NFC Championship

EDIT: After initial post, adjusted to KC -1.5. Bookmakers put in early lines of KC -3 at conclusion of AFCCG. People hit line hard on 49ers as they rocked the Packers, and the books went into some disarray before settling at this line.

Last edited:
I like the SF DL. But I wonder if their secondary can hold up. I also like SF’s running - but KC was pretty decent at shutting down TEN today. In fairness, there was no need to respect the TEN air attack...

KC receivers and QB are a handful. NE dis just enough early on last year to get by. But that second half, oof....

It should be a really good game. Too bad I don’t want either team to win.

History tells you in this game the team with the elite defense usually wins against the powerhouse offensive team.

History tells you in this game the team with the elite defense usually wins against the powerhouse offensive team.

Is the Chiefs offense better than the 49ers offense? I’m not so sure about that. Their passing game is, but overall I think it’s pretty close.

San Fran would/will get tooled. That’s not a good match-up for them.

Hopefully the 49ers can carry Jimmy one last time in a couple weeks. Hard to imagine a scenario where 7 pass attempts gets it done against KC.

San Fran would/will get tooled. That’s not a good match-up for them.

Really? Look forward to the breakdowns from you and some other posters. I would have thought the opposite but don’t know Xs and Os that well. I just see one team that can win the game many ways and another that can win one way (dominant passing game.)

Really? Look forward to the breakdowns from you and some other posters. I would have thought the opposite but don’t know Xs and Os that well. I just see one team that can win the game many ways and another that can win one way (dominant passing game.)
Sherman will be on Hill. He cannot guard Hill one on one which means that Hill will be doubled. Who is covering Watkins, Kelce, Hardman, etc? San Fran’s only chance is their DL getting home on stunts, rips, etc. Not only is KC’s OL up to the task, but Mahomes gets the ball out too quickly. I still see them putting up 30+ points. I don’t see San Fran doing the same.

I think both teams are equally deserving to be there. I think the Titans game helped prep the chiefs for the San Fran running game. I think Jimmy will actually need to throw. I think the chiefs have more firepower but I suspect the game will come down to a mistake or two.

Sherman will be on Hill. He cannot guard Hill one on one which means that Hill will be doubled. Who is covering Watkins, Kelce, Hardman, etc? San Fran’s only chance is their DL getting home on stunts, rips, etc. Not only is KC’s OL up to the task, but Mahomes gets the ball out too quickly. I still see them putting up 30+ points. I don’t see San Fran doing the same.

Sure...I mean, the Chiefs passing game is going to be a pain in the ass for basically anyone, and that starts with Hill. I’m not suggesting the 49ers shut them down. I just think they’ll disrupt enough to keep the Chiefs below 24. Can the Chiefs defense really stop this runaway offense train Shanahan is conducting? He didn’t even need to use the passing game today.

Sure...I mean, the Chiefs passing game is going to be a pain in the ass for basically anyone, and that starts with Hill. I’m not suggesting the 49ers shut them down. I just think they’ll disrupt enough to keep the Chiefs below 24. Can the Chiefs defense really stop this runaway offense train Shanahan is conducting? He didn’t even need to use the passing game today.
They clamped down on Henry.

Chiefs win and cover whatever the line finishes at. Mahomes is a better Aaron Rodgers with ridiculous weapons. Jimmy will have to throw and he's good for one turnover on a good day.

I am so conflicted here. I guess I would go with KC so SF doesn't get their 6th title.

Last edited:
They clamped down on Henry.

Yes, but Tennessee runs such a basic offense which had surprisingly worked. Niners have all these moving, multi-faceted pieces and make you pay for stacking the box. Kittle, Juszczyk, often two RBs. And I think Jimmy G. is much better than Tannehill if asked to throw 35 times; Shanahan is a great schemer and can be a chameleon. KC has now gotten down 24-0 and 17-7. They have some clear vulnerabilities to attack. I don’t think SF can stomp out Mahomes, but if they get out to a lead like that it’s going to be a heck of a lot harder to come back.

Seems like from the split reaction in this thread, Vegas has it right as a pick em.

Yes, but Tennessee runs such a basic offense which had surprisingly worked. Niners have all these moving, multi-faceted pieces and make you pay for stacking the box. Kittle, Juszczyk, often two RBs. And I think Jimmy G. is much better than Tannehill if asked to throw 35 times; Shanahan is a great schemer and can be a chameleon. KC has now gotten down 24-0 and 17-7. They have some clear vulnerabilities to attack. I don’t think SF can stomp out Mahomes, but if they get out to a lead like that it’s going to be a heck of a lot harder to come back.

Seems like from the split reaction in this thread, Vegas has it right as a pick em.
The Niners have more weapons but their running game is a lot of eye candy. Those moving pieces are just a set up for what is really a dive up the B-gap. I think it’ll be something like 30-20, Chiefs.

Recent history suggests that when Goondell is in the owner's box of the home team on championship game day, that means the league is doing everything in its power to fix the Super Bowl
...e.g. The Ray Lewis Retirement Bowl a few years back.

I see a dual pronged P.R. attack by NFL Offices incessantly pimping Mahomes and Lamar Jackson as the new faces of the league....and practically ignoring the 49ers and Jimmy G. .....Goodell is a rotten evil human being who deserves the electric chair for all the evil he has done to MILLIONS of fans across the nation.

To me...if the Niners can run thru the Chiefs D all day...they will be able to keep pace. If not, it is gonna be a Chief blow out, IMO.

Recent history suggests that when Goondell is in the owner's box of the home team on championship game day, that means the league is doing everything in its power to fix the Super Bowl
...e.g. The Ray Lewis Retirement Bowl a few years back.

I see a dual pronged P.R. attack by NFL Offices incessantly pimping Mahomes and Lamar Jackson as the new faces of the league....and practically ignoring the 49ers and Jimmy G. .....Goodell is a rotten evil human being who deserves the electric chair for all the evil he has done to MILLIONS of fans across the nation.
So he fixed the Super Bowl for us in 2014, 2016, and last year? Should the Patriots turn their rings in?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back