PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 51...Did you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was reminiscing on YouTube watching super bowl 51 mic’d up. Then I started reading through the comments and saw a string where people posted “when they knew the Pats would win”.

I never had that feeling during that game. Maybe because I was sick as a dog, I don’t know.

What I do recall thinking is “Ok, maybe it’s not going to be embarrassing”. Then as events unfolded, I just became more amazed as great plays and luck seemed to be following a pre-determined script.

The best I can say is that my hope kept building.

I’m just wondering if Patsfans members had a point “they knew” and stopped being nervous. And if you did, at what point?

When it went to overtime.

About a minute after James White crossed the goal line, when the commentator said the TD stood upon review.

That day was truly shocking

Forced fumble by Hightower may have been when I started to consider it.

Also in the back of my head I kept thinking about two regular season comebacks, Denver when Welker botched the punt and 49ers where we tied it up but ended up losing. Those were both nice precedents. As Brady said later, “we never get blown out”. With extremely rare exceptions (eg Kansas City loss which marked the first game of this second Super Bowl run), he’s right.

I just remember going to to the half down 21-3 and being annoyed with the halftime show (as I always am) and just saying let’s just make a game of it. Then the Falcons came out and scored pretty quickly in the third and I pretty much thought that was the nail in the coffin. I really didn’t start to think there was a chance till the Hightower strip sack.

The Andelman catch.

Then I knew.

I thought getting two 2 pointers would be tough

The 2-point conversion was probably the most nervous I’ve ever been in single moment of a game.

I was reminiscing on YouTube watching super bowl 51 mic’d up. Then I started reading through the comments and saw a string where people posted “when they knew the Pats would win”.

I never had that feeling during that game. Maybe because I was sick as a dog, I don’t know.

What I do recall thinking is “Ok, maybe it’s not going to be embarrassing”. Then as events unfolded, I just became more amazed as great plays and luck seemed to be following a pre-determined script.

The best I can say is that my hope kept building.

I’m just wondering if Patsfans members had a point “they knew” and stopped being nervous. And if you did, at what point?
Jeez, all you would have had to do is get involved in the Official Game Day Thread. Everyone there thought we'd win:)

I remember one of the falcons saying they've never seen anything like this and the other but this is Tom Brady. One of my favorite super bowl wins.

There wasn’t one moment though the Edelman catch comes close. I just remember it didn’t make sense for the Pats to be blown out like they were being blown out; it just didn’t seem right.

When Brady jumped off the bench with excitement after the Hightower strip sack

Brady’s eyes changed after that. It was On

Julian's catch. From that moment on it just felt inevitable.

I will NOT claim to believe any sort of positive result was going to happen when down 28-3 like so many apparently claim to believe.

What I will say is that I was trying to hold so strong. An unfortunate turn of events had me watching the game with an extremely pessimistic group of people. I just wanted to hang strong..maybe to spite them? Just kept watching, already feeling at the bottom, but not calling it quits because of not wanting to listen to verbal doubts. Vocalizing optimistic believes in uncertain times. The Hightower player did seem like maybe the “the” play if having to narrow it down.

I remember one of the falcons saying they've never seen anything like this and the other but this is Tom Brady. One of my favorite super bowl wins.

I think we have one of them now. Yep, Sanu was the one who was convinced the Falcons would put up 40. Taylor Gabriel was the voice of reason.

When they got to the 2 yard line in overtime. I refused to let myself believe before then.

If I had been an Atlanta fan, I would have believed when the Falcons were pushed out of field goal range.

The Andelman catch.

Then I knew.

EddieLogo_MudgeStudios%20(1).0.jpg

:D edit: beaten again :oops:

Amendola's 2-point conversion. I was convinced they were missing that. After that, the Falcons ****ed up the kick return, managed to get a first down, and then threw 3 incomplete passes, burning just 34 seconds off the clock. If Belichick had gone with the fair catch kick there, it would have just been the cherry on top of the most epic terrible coaching decision sundae.

Falcons had mentally checked out by that point. It was over.

They had timeouts, and had they taken a knee, had a legit chance at a field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes