PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Streak of 17 Straight Years With 10+ Wins Is Over

It was a great run.

I attended 7 Super Bowls to watch my team. How many NFL fans can say that?

Whether or not I attend #8 will depend on a new QB.
I count myself lucky to have attended SB36. Well done sir.

Last edited:
Due to the cap rules and consistent player turnover there has never been a similar run in sports history that I am aware if. Just looking at how different the rosters were in 2014, 2016 and 2018 makes the accomplishment even more amazing. The NFL does not have built in advantages like baseball ($) and basketball (geography) and the Pats also had the additional burden of a 1st place schedule every year. Let's hope this off season is the start of a new run.
I think the 1st place schedule factor is overblown. The most important factor is how the divisions match up.

The AFCN plays the NFCE and AFCS and only two matching games from the other AFC divisions.
The AFCE plays the NFCW and AFCW and only two matching games from the other AFC divisions.
Who has the tougher schedule?

I think the 1st place schedule factor is overblown. The most important factor is how the divisions match up.

The AFCN plays the NFCE and AFCS and only two matching games from the other AFC divisions.
The AFCE plays the NFCW and AFCW and only two matching games from the other AFC divisions.
In a WC race your cross division opponents matter but for an intra-division race your 1st place schedule matters more. Your division opponents will play the same teams cross division so it's a level playing field there. Next year the Pats will avoid the Chiefs and Steelers which they would have played if they won the East. I'd much rather play our likely opponents of Broncos and Ravens.

Over the entirety of the dynasty the Patriots/Brady played significantly more games against some of the top teams (Colts, Broncos - 14x each) vs some of the dregs (Jags, Raiders - 6x each) There are certainly some years where it means little and the division you play has a bigger impact but the fact they typically had to play more of the top teams every year than anyone else certainly adds to the resume in my view.

I did not make it inside for every Super Bowl, but I was there and I have stories.

Ticket availability, counterfeit tickets, seat location and prices were the determining factors if I made it into the game.
Would love a long post/posts going over all your experiences sounds like you could write a book!

I did not make it inside for every Super Bowl, but I was there and I have stories.

Ticket availability, counterfeit tickets, seat location and prices were the determining factors if I made it into the game.
You should go into details...would be interesting for sure

People insist on talking about the BB-Brady split. They don’t want to see how ridiculous it is that these two men worked together for 20 years.
Each had their job. It just so happened that they worked out together for all that time. BB made TFB the GOAT on the field.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back