PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Story on Patriots' documentary brings recent dysfunction to light

That happened in 2019.

The decision to move from the Patriots happened BEFORE that draft. In fact, Brady appeared on Ross's boat before Deebo ever stepped on an NFL field for a game.
You continue to lie about this despite me showing that both the NFL and Flores said this happened in 2020, AFTER the Patriots last game.

Why don't you show proof to back up your lies? You can't? Of course not. Typical behaviour from a scumbag that thinks Bill's adultery shows he has high standards.

It's 100% a Robert Kraft production. Bill was not excited for this project. He was not clamoring to be interviewed. :excited: Kraft, OTOH, was all in.
So Kraft got 70 people to get in front of a camera and say exactly what he wanted them to say? Come on man. Watch it then comment.

The crazy part is kraft making this video just to make a buck. Why kill the aura and do a tell all video. Makes kraft look greedy which he seems to be
It's not about money. It's about PR and controlling the narrative.

Bob and Bill burnt it all done. It should have never ended the way it did with Brady. Look at how Kobe's career ended, Ortiz, Jeter. I mean what they did was bat **** crazy to the GOAT.
The interesting thing about Kobe is that the fanbase was actually angry he got the contract he did to end his career. I loved Kobe, but it was time for him to move on. Stephen A. Smith had said the Lakers gave Kobe the contract as a "thank you" for his service and to keep asses in the seats.

Aside from that and the Shaq and Kobe breakup, I didn't really hear complaints from Lakers fans or media regarding criticism like the Pats have had. The Owner (Jerry Buss) and Coach (Phil Jackson) didn't get hate from fans that the Patriots receive from theirs. I asked this before but haven't received clears answers, but my observation is that the criticism comes from that they could've done more.

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Kobe is that the fanbase was actually angry he got the contract he did to end his career. I loved Kobe, but it was time for him to move on. Stephen A. Smith had said the Lakers gave Kobe the contract as a "thank you" for his service and to keep asses in the seats.

Aside from that and the Shaq and Kobe breakup, I didn't really hear complaints from Lakers fans or media regarding criticism like the Pats have had. The Owner (Jerry Buss) and Coach (Phil Jackson) didn't get hate from fans that the Patriots receive from theirs. I asked this before but haven't received clears answers, but my speculation is that the criticism comes from that they could've done more.
I think the answer is we are on an Internet forum with some weird overly obsessed people and that this is not a reflection of the fan base en masse.

Last edited:
I think the answer is we are on an Internet forum with some weird overly obsessed people and that this is not a reflection of the fan base in mass.
I don't live in Boston, so I'll defer to anyone that lives out there. But the media sure hates them. I rarely ever heard many complaints out here during the Lakers runs. Media loved them. There would be minor things here and there, but not to this magnitude.

From the Director himself, not a hit piece. Team Bill can relax.

It's not about money. It's about PR and controlling the narrative.
True about PR but it's always about the money. Gillette was privately funded to be built so it's about making money off the building to pay the bill. Why do you think so many events are there? Im convinced this is part of the low payroll

So Kraft got 70 people to get in front of a camera and say exactly what he wanted them to say? Come on man. Watch it then comment.
Kraft has to protect the brand. It's a Greek tragedy how BB was ousted by a disciple.

I don't live in Boston, so I'll defer to anyone that lives out there. But the media sure hates them. I rarely ever heard many complaints out here during the Lakers runs. Media loved them. There would be minor things here and there, but not to this magnitude.
Whoops I meant en masse.

But yeah the media hates him and that does rub off on some.

True about PR but it's always about the money. Gillette was privately funded to be built so it's about making money off the building to pay the bill. Why do you think so many events are there? Im convinced this is part of the low payroll
Disagree. Kraft is very very old. He cares much more about his legacy at this point than the $11B he won't get to spend.

Everything he has said over the last 4 or 5 years has been about that. I would say as far back as when he played a key role in the CBA while his late wife was sick.

Disagree. Kraft is very very old. He cares much more about his legacy at this point than the $11B he won't get to spend.

Everything he has said over the last 4 or 5 years has been about that. I would say as far back as when he played a key role in the CBA while his late wife was sick.
Why were they low spenders

Im perfectly aware of the chronology. It is looking at (and because of) it that I made the arguments I made.

If ring n. 6 was or not (of course it was !!!) a D masterpiece has nothing to do with what I was discussing and this rhread is about (org dysfunction and log term history and prospective outlook of the franchise).

Well in any case nice conversation.
???
I have no idea what that means. All I know is you said they should have fired Belichick after the Eagles Super Bowl loss.

@venecol

So I don't agree that Belichick won't be a first ballot HOFer. He easily will be. His reputation isn't hurt that badly. His status as the unquestioned GOAT coach is rightfully gone, however.

And I do appreciate your anecdote about LT that you posted. I think that scenario you brought up does a lot to explain the problem with Belichick. It goes beyond him being hard or mean - its that sometimes, he goes out of his way to make sure his players feel expendable, and tries to put them in their place with hostile behavior.

You see the same behavior from his assistants! Patricia, Flores, McDaniels. There's a bizarre hierarchy that they like to impose on players, and it seems rooted in insecurity.

@venecol

So I don't agree that Belichick won't be a first ballot HOFer. He easily will be. His reputation isn't hurt that badly. His status as the unquestioned GOAT coach is rightfully gone, however.

And I do appreciate your anecdote about LT that you posted. I think that scenario you brought up does a lot to explain the problem with Belichick. It goes beyond him being hard or mean - its that sometimes, he goes out of his way to make sure his players feel expendable, and tries to put them in their place with hostile behavior.

You see the same behavior from his assistants! Patricia, Flores, McDaniels. There's a bizarre hierarchy that they like to impose on players, and it seems rooted in insecurity.
Look no further than who is Andy Reid chasing? Bill is unquestionably considered the GOAT right now. No one is saying Reid is chasing Lombardi. He just tied Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs in SB wins not a single mention. Chuck Noll is next with 4 no mention. Why because Bill is basically considered the GOAT everywhere except here.

Look no further than who is Andy Reid chasing? Bill is unquestionably considered the GOAT right now. No one is saying Reid is chasing Lombardi. He just tied Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs in SB wins not a single mention. Chuck Noll is next with 4 no mention. Why because Bill is basically considered the GOAT everywhere except here.
and tons of people revere gibbs for winning sbs with 3 different qbs. what they never ever mention is that 2 of their sbs were won during strike years.

For most players Bill's shelf life is roughly the length of most players effective playing years. They move on before real hard feelings develop. One of the most amazing thing that Brady brought to the table was that he was excellent for so long. His longevity wreaked havoc on developing a transition plan and was in direct conflict with the BB's philosophy of moving on a year too soon. Additionally Brady was recognized as a here which created additional friction. As a result the tension between BB and Brady went on so long that real animosity developed. To flip the narrative, Brady got everything he could out of his relationship with BB and the Pats before leaving because he couldn't take it any more.
Here's Brady speaking to the team about it.

Yet there are people on here who to this day will vehemently deny that friction between Brady and Belichick wasn't a big reason for his departure.

Most the people who blamed Belichick were of the view that Brady would have stayed if Belichick had given him the contract he wanted, they were wrong. They were right that Belichick was the reason Brady left, but no amount of $$$ would have kept him here, and Brady made that clear recently in an interview, where he said he had burned out on playing Belichick, basically because he was such a **** to play for. He also wanted to win a Lombardi somewhere else.

He admitted to spygate for Christ sakes. He admitted he liked to push the boundaries of the league. He set up the video cameras in NY no less after Roger sent the memo specifically saying not to set up on the field. Kraft called him a ****ing idiot. What more do want? He cost us not one but TWO first round draft picks and got Brady suspended over fricking ball deflation because he had an axe to grind with the league and never went to therapy over his inability to never let a fricking thing go.
I think the term used by Kraft at the time of Crygate to describe Belichick was "schmuck."

I'm not a big fan of coaches, I think their over-valued, but Bill didn't bother me until he let Brady walk. That was the straw that broke this camel's back.

You continue to lie about this despite me showing that both the NFL and Flores said this happened in 2020, AFTER the Patriots last game.

Why don't you show proof to back up your lies? You can't? Of course not. Typical behaviour from a scumbag that thinks Bill's adultery shows he has high standards.

anyone with eyes can see Brady didn't leave in a bubble. not sure why upstarter and the other bill honks continue to act like Brady just decided one day he wanted to leave for no reason.

Are we just going to ignore Bill saying he couldn't pay $25million and only wanted to go year to year with him? plenty of players were pushed out or felt uneasy because of bill. Gronk, Amendola to name a couple...

Bill was an amazing coach and his defensive gameplans were as much a factor in us winning 6 as brady's greatness (the butler pick being coached up etc.). BUT that doesn't dispel the notion that he can be a complete ****. and handled the brady situation and the situation with other players the right way.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back