PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still Some Agenda Items Before The Draft

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1) We need a RB or two, especially given the market price for RB's. We are replacing White and Burkhead (or signing them). Also, this is likely to be Michell's final season.

2) A center would be nice. We seem likely to sign at least a couple of interior OL's.

3) If Gilmore goes, then we'll a corner.

Not that it’ll fix all woes, but I think CB is a definite possibility with their first or second pick. I also believe a mid round C / iOL & late round RB are probabilities.

Surtain II (1)
Josh Meyers (4)
Jaret Patterson (6)

Maybe ?

I would add DL to that list. We have added two and lost one and possibly Guy as well.

Agreed. This could also come from the draft, but I want them in a position where they don't need to rely on rookies from week 1 at any position. If we can bring Guy back, I would.

The K position is unsettled. Is Folk coming back or are one of the current Ks on the roster destined to fill that job?

I would add DL to that list. We have added two and lost one and possibly Guy as well.
In a perfect world, we'd bring Guy back..Our front 7 is already really improved, and adding Guy would make our defense, specifically front 7 incredible.

Last edited:
Don't want to be picky because I love what we have done so far and I think some of these things could be addressed with the draft, but here goes: in no order

Rb
Center
Wr
K
D-lineman
O-line depth
Depending on JC and Gilmore, potentially a cb

In a perfect world, we'd bring Guy back..Our front 7 is already really improved, and adding Guy would make our defense, specifically front 7 incredible.

Hopefully! Love guy as a player and seems to have become a leader type.

The Allen cut I believe leaves godcheaux, anderson, cowart, davis at dt I believe with wise possibly pitching in there on passing downs. Which is passable but Guy would definitely solidify the position imo

Maybe only 1 RB is needed?

JJ Taylor will hopefully see more of the field in 2021. I'm not sure how good he is receiving wise, but I'm fairly certain that he has the potential to be lethal out in space.

Do not under any circumstances draft a corner. Sign some UDFAs at that position instead, we are infinitely better at that.

Would take Trey Sermon if he is there in the mid-rounds as a Burkhead replacement.
Kenneth Gainwell would be a solid replacement for White as well as a 3rd down guy.

Probably would not be in a position to take him, but UNC's Javonte Williams would be an awesome 3rd back behind Harris and Michel, and eventually take over the #2 spot.

A freak linebacker would really help. Hightower is up there in age and Bentley needs to be pushed off the roster. Draft is probably our best shot.

An impact dt would help as well. Cowart looks the part but he doesn't get it done and I honestly wouldn't mind an improvement over Guy and Wise. There are still some guys available such as Suh that would really be interesting.

Running back has a lot of options. I'm good with letting White walk. He is a great receiver but I have always hated him as a pure runner. Bolden gives us most of what White does. There are guys like Leveon Bell still unsigned.

I am assuming Karras is the starting 2021 center. My guess is they might pick up the center of the future in the draft and probably not until the mid rounds. And I think they are satisfied with their starting line up on the o-line for now. They might add depth via the draft.

Will the Pat's throw as much to RBs with 2 good TEs on the roster? They are being paid big money not as blockers.

Tennessee targeted RB 50 times
NE targeted RB approximately 100 times.
Los Angeles targeted RB 140 times.

Also, I believe that the Pats are not done at WR.

Last edited:
Cams 15 - 1 season RBs were targeted 65 times using 5 guys.

May not be Cams game and NE is transitioning downward in the RB receiver mode. Not totally out, but not used like when Brady was on board.

I think maybe in the draft but DT of God, Anderson, cowart with wise as a passing downs dt and Davis, Spence, Thurman fighting it out for scraps and game day inactive I don’t see need.

I'd like to patch up some holes before the draft as follows:

a.) D-line depth. We need to keep those guys fresh by a healthy rotation.

b.) One more WR....to foster more competition in camp...

c.) A pass catching RB.....unless the coaching staff thinks JJ Taylor/Dalton Keene can add that element to the offense? A lot of this depends on whether Cam is the QB or not as well.

d.) A veteran kicker to at least make Rhwasser/Aguyao compete for their jobs.

If we are talking RB, I would love to get Chuba Hubbard in the 2nd round. The guy is so explosive. Wasn’t used THAT much as a pass catching RB, like 20 times or less a year average. But he’s got good hands, and would be a mismatch as a pass catcher out of the backfield and a threat to go the distance every carry.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back