PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still feeling the sting of defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks to lose, but we've done a lot of losing in the playoffs over the BB/Brady era. Only five championships in 17 years....yeesh. Twelve playoff losses! Yuck.

We'll get back on track next year. We will go on a three year run of practically zero injuries and take home titles each year. We'll draft multiple Pro Bowlers and solidify our defense. That's what I'm expecting at least;)

Go Pats!

Greedy but I just hope we win another with Brady. Feel like he got robbed of a Lombardi despite putting up one of the greatest quarterbacking performances in Super Bowl history. Some folks are saying at least an AFC Championship game is an automatic but the 2010 Jets loss will never make me 100 percent feel that way.

Like I told a Philly fan at work, I am only feeling the sting of defeat because the Patriots did not play well. In addition, things are in disarray.

I wondered if all that crap would affect them going into the Super Bowl. When I learned of a divided locker room and watched how that Butler situation played out...I can see that "things" were going on. That's too bad. What a effin wasted opportunity! It's very hard to believe that someone chose to divide the locker room before the big game...does not make sense. Something(s) are going on. Kraft knows. He is working to assess it all, but he talks to the team, as well.

If BB goes, the Patriots will continue to win. Kraft will have his franchise tuned and ready. We'll be back to the Super Bowl many more times, and win quite a few more. Our program and franchise are the best.

It was a winnable game. We didn't win. It sucks. I had to move on and I did.

Still sucks when I think about it...just like some of the other losses.

For me it's the way it went down. I'd get over it quicker if it was simply Brady had a bad game, or a so-so game and the defense didn't do enough, etc etc. But for Brady and the offense to have a record setting night, but the defense to be so bad as to also set records for one of the worst performances ever, and to lose because the defense couldn't make 1 play all game. Not just to win a low scoring game, but unable to make literally a single, solitary play all f*cking night... It is just a hard game to process and comprehend. It feels like Brady got the game of his life stolen from him. It's just a really sour taste.

I know it may never come but I’d just like some closure on the whole Malcolm Butler issue. I just want to know why and then I can let it go.

If you've been a fan since '75, you should be over it.

We've been through this , almost 50%.

NOBODY wins them all.

What other team/ time period, would you be more satisfied with?

When ever something like this happens. We need to do everything better both offensive and defensive but now we’re on to Cincinnati

That’s how I deal.

We’re on to Cincinnati

I am as well..but I am at 50%...I will be fine by next week

What I think about to cope is that B.B. and brady will get into another position to win. Might not win it but will show up with at least a shot to win. I lovevthat

I'm over it. This is nothing like 2007. For some reason, I mentally distanced myself a bit from the NFL this year. Not sure why, could've been the anthem crap but I just didn't care as much. Sure it sucked watching them lose and I was salty Monday but the McDaniels situation made me smile again.
Of course, I've got all these idiot Seahawk fans coming up to me with smartass remarks. I just smile and respond,
"Eagles earned the win and it was an entertaining game"
"I've watched the Patriots win Super Bowls and I've watched them lose but it's not like they've ONLY WON ONE"
That's when I really start twisting the knife by saying the Seahawks are one hit wonders, they're literally the Billy Ray Cyrus of the NFL.

When ever something like this happens. We need to do everything better both offensive and defensive but now we’re on to Cincinnati

That’s how I deal.

We’re on to Cincinnati

You have been a fun poster to read since you've joined.

The NFL Mic'd up and Turning Point are all online and YouTube is blasting it to me in my recommendations. I would sooner eat glass than watch it.

The NFL Mic'd up and Turning Point are all online and YouTube is blasting it to me in my recommendations. I would sooner eat glass than watch it.
I actually just got a new Mac screen after punching through mine after getting on youtube to listen to music and seeing that. Also have to get my whole wall fixed and new 70 inch TV

I’m not upset at all, like Belichick I was really hoping they would lose. Winning has just gotten really old, needed to change it up.

I am still not over it ! It stings a lot.
However , I think 2007 was worse. After that game ended I turned off the TV and watched no football news and read nothing till 2 days before the draft. Transactions that the Pats made I knew about from friends and really wasn't interested in football for 3 months. That is how devastated I was .
This time I am here getting my football fix from all of you and reading a few select articles and keeping up with the Pats are doing . What I find amusing is that even though we lost , we are more relevant than the Eagles. I love that so much...as much as everyone claims to hate us, they cannot do without us !

The thing about this loss is that the Patriots just weren't that good this year. You don't give up 41 points on defense and still deserve to win. They stunk and lost and totally deserved to lose. It sucks, but there's a kind of finality to it, provided you can just accept the team wasn't up to it and move on.

Losing because of dumb fluke crap out of nowhere is so much worse. If the Seahawks had won because some scrub caught a pass off his crotch after going through the Tyree catch and all the other dumb crap that shouldn't have happened but did anyway, we'd have all jumped off a pier.

Also it helps that the DC responsible just went to Detroit lol.

I am still not over it ! It stings a lot.
However , I think 2007 was worse.

You "think" 2007 was worse? "Think??" 2007 was the worst loss in Boston sports history by far. Worse than Buckner. 19-0 would live on forever. Shula would have dropped dead. The Giants? Eli? And then to lose on a play that was 1 in a million? That would have been 4 SBs in 7 years. Rings to Moss and Seau and Welker.

After experiencing that and then something similar in 2011 this was a cupcake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News