PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevenson reaches 20 MPH vs. Football Team

I love the comparisons to Bradys draft picture.

Mac looks like Brady did so he must be good.

No one has said that. What they've said is that just because his pre-draft physique isn't flattering, doesn't mean he's doomed before he begins.

I died a little inside seeing DK Metcalf on that list...

Yup. Every time Metcalf's name comes up, I die a little also. I hope BB does too, but he seems incapable of correcting his WR blind spot.

Anyway, as far as Stevenson, I was upset when he was drafted instead of Tyler Shelvin, but I appear to be be so, so wrong! I said to myself, "Why do we need another RB?" Sort of reminds me of what Mick Fleetwood must have said when Lindsey Buckingham told him that he wanted to bring his girlfriend (Nicks) into the band. "Why do we need another female vocalist?"

In retrospect, Shelvin would have been a risky pick for various reasons and I suspect his NFL career will be short.

I wish The Pacific would have spent more time on Iwo Jima.

Three (very different) stories from my wife's grandfather, who was there (and elsewhere in the Pacific theater, as a foot soldier).

The natives on several islands were topless, which was supposedly causing a distraction for the troops, so they handed out t shirts to all the native women, who promptly cut two holes in them and put them on.

He served as a scout for 6 weeks in a row, a job that was normally rotated every week, because of the fatality rate. The day after he rotated out, his replacement was killed by a sniper.

He blurts out over dinner, "Coloreds are all cowards!" While our kids recoiled in horror, we asked him what he meant. He said that "lots of them came running back to the rest of us when the battle started." We asked him why they were always seperated and at the front lines, and without even blinking he said that the Black soldiers were put there to draw the first fire in order to find out where the Japanese gun emplacements were.
The kids went from being horrified by him, to being horrified by that.

Yup. Every time Metcalf's name comes up, I die a little also. I hope BB does too, but he seems incapable of correcting his WR blind spot.
I get annoyed every time I see him jump over a corner, outmuscle a DB, or just blow by someone. Meanwhile we have a fringe NFL player who plods along, has career stats that aren't even as good as half of Metcalf's rookie season, and had the audacity to ask for a trade before training camp.

Yup. Every time Metcalf's name comes up, I die a little also. I hope BB does too, but he seems incapable of correcting his WR blind spot...

I get annoyed every time I see him jump over a corner, outmuscle a DB, or just blow by someone. Meanwhile we have a fringe NFL player who plods along, has career stats that aren't even as good as half of Metcalf's rookie season, and had the audacity to ask for a trade before training camp.

I would've gladly settled for Metcalf's teammate...

I was really surprised at how quick Stevenson was, I expected him to be more of a slower banger. The Patriots have the best running back corps in football.

Have any of the other RB's been timed in break aways?
Why is this relevant. The comparisons to Barkley are posted. Barkley ran faster only 4 times all last year. That is indeed impressive speed.

Agree with this, Michel over Bolden.
Michel, Harris, White, Stevenson and Johnson.

IMO, it would take two injuries for anyone else to get significant reps. We should have a RB on the Practice Squad. The issue is whether another RB will take the last roster spot as a special teamer.

Why is this relevant. The comparisons to Barkley are posted. Barkley ran faster only 4 times all last year. That is indeed impressive speed.

Because this is a fans' message board and I'm curious about the speed of the other RB's.

No one has said that. What they've said is that just because his pre-draft physique isn't flattering, doesn't mean he's doomed before he begins.
He is compared to Brady.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back