PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers or Kansas city who would you rather face?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

kansas city or Steelers in the afccg?

• Kansas city

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Steelers

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I hate to look past the divisional round, but for the patriots to lose to any of the texans, dolphins, oakland in foxboro would be a choke job.

most likely the divisional round will be steelers at KC with one coming to foxboro for the afccg. which has a better matchup and why?

Both teams IMO have their strengths and weaknesses. KC has a strong defense and special teams. however their offense leaves something to be desired and I think if you try and make alex smith beat you or get up a couple scores on them this would be just like last year in the divisional round. KC's defense is also different on the road that in that stadium IMO which negates alot of their advantage. and as good as kelce is, chung has been pretty adept at shutting down TE's this year

the steelers on the other hand have a defense that brady should shred if he faced. however they have a superbowl winning QB, a great RB and a scary WR corp. we saw against the ravens how the steelers were able to come back just due to their offense.

so, I am thinking I would rather face KC. both would be tough, but steelers have a chance to upset us imo

The Chiefs have a better overall team, especially on defense and special teams. I'd honestly rather play Pittsburgh.

Bell will get his yards, Brown will make a play or two, but as we saw earlier in the year, Malcolm Butler can hold his own against him and Belichick will stack the box continuously against the run.

Give me the team with the worst defense that is historically shredded by Brady.

The Chiefs still have scary pass rushers, and a solid secondary. And all it takes is a wrong angle and Hill can take a punt return for six points. Kelce is still a target as well that can shred you for yards.

No thanks on the Chiefs if I have the choice.

We have always destroyed Pittsburgh. Just because the three Bs are likely to be active doesn't mean that we should fear their offense. It's better than an Andy Reid team, for sure, but on the other side of ball, we'd dominate them again. The Steelers defensive schemes have been completely solved by this organization. I'd be licking my chops in anticipation.

Kansas City has more explosive special team and defense capabilities. You never know when they might get a turnover or huge return. I don't see that variable with the Steelers. They're good, but not diverse enough. We'd run over them roughshod.

Pittsburgh has leadership that believes it can win. I have seen no indication of this from KC. The playoffs raise the bar on mental preparation and focus, and I think Pittsburgh has the edge there. So I'd rather play KC.

KC has a strong defense and special teams.

But not better special teams than the Pats. Their strength is returning punts, and in the playoffs the Pats will take that away. The Pats have better coverage units and kicking game.

The Chiefs have a better overall team, especially on defense and special teams. I'd honestly rather play Pittsburgh.

Bell will get his yards, Brown will make a play or two, but as we saw earlier in the year, Malcolm Butler can hold his own against him and Belichick will stack the box continuously against the run.

Give me the team with the worst defense that is historically shredded by Brady.

The Chiefs still have scary pass rushers, and a solid secondary. And all it takes is a wrong angle and Hill can take a punt return for six points. Kelce is still a target as well that can shred you for yards.

No thanks on the Chiefs if I have the choice.

The Chiefs are not the Ravens.

With the exception of an Oct game vs OAK, every team with a decent QB has put 21 points + vs the Chiefs. Do we really think Brady will do worse than that in Gillette?

Do we think this pedestrian Chiefs offense will score more than 21 meaningful points in Foxboro vs the #1 scoring D in the NFL?

It would be a monumental upset.

Shut down Kelce, shut down Chiefs. They did last year and can do it again.

I question how healthy Houston is. Run right at him. Solder and Cannon are playing at a high level right now.

Their run D is not as good since Johnson went out.

Alex Smith will not make big plays in the passing game.

Chiefs running game is average.

31-17 Pats v Chiefs.

Maybe 34-21 Pats over Pitt

don't care......they are both dog meat

I think NE's offense matches up well with the Steelers defense and that our defense can keep the Steelers offense from lighting the scoreboard. Something about Hill and Kelce and KCs defense makes them a tougher opponent than Pittsburgh. I mean they went 12-4 in the AFC West and got the 2 seed. That's a pretty good team.

I hate to look past the divisional round, but...

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

....aaaaaaand that's where you lost me. o_O

Pats are better than both teams but I have to say I'd rather face checkdown Alex than Ben.

As I wrote in the other thread, I trust TB against a top defense more than I trust our secondary against the rapist and his high-flying offense. KC is also led by an average QB and the most ******ed coach when it comes to situational football. I’ll take the Chiefs to go please. Check!

Steelers easy. I trust Brady to win in any shootout against any team in the league right now other than Atlanta this season. Alex Smith may not be an explosive QB but he does enough to "game manage" and avoid turnovers, and ride out their strong pass rush and Tyreek Hill to win games. I'd still favor us if we matchup against KC in the AFCCG but I believe they will give us a really difficult time.

Haven't we had this thread recycled at least 5 times now in the last few weeks?

I don't care about teams. I am talking about QuarterBacks so... I'd rather face Alex than Big Ben.

Pittsburgh has leadership that believes it can win.
What do you base this on?
They have won 1 playoff game in 5 years and that one was gifted to them by burfict, pacman and the bengals.

What do you base this on?
They have won 1 playoff game in 5 years and that one was gifted to them by burfict, pacman and the bengals.

Really? I guess I'm living in the past.

I really can't choose. There's pros and cons to facing either one in the AFCG. The great thing is if Pittsburgh beats Miami on Sunday this guarantees them a World War III date with KC in the Divisional round! I'm leaning towards voting for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are a joke.

I'm confident Patriots will be able to handle either of these two.
Aside from which team I'd prefer the Pats to give a severe beat-down to in the AFCCG (that would easily be the Steelers), I'm curious which team will make it to the AFCCG.
Steelers may very well be 2nd best team left in the AFC. KC's defense is much better than the Steelers and they're playing at home after a bye week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST