Steelers hid Bell's injury another clear violation of NFL policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Did Steelers conceal Le’Veon Bell injury?

Bell said after the game that he has been dealing with a groin injury "for weeks" yet, he did not appear on any Steeler's in jury reports DESPITE MISSING PRACTICES.

If the NFL is going to take a second round pick away from the Seahawks for Sherman, than the Steelers should be losing at least a First!

He's been playing great though. IMO if it isn't effecting the game it isn't worth putting on a report. The amount of players not on an injury report who have aches and pains is probably 100%.

GroinGate!!!

:D

Bell said that he hadn't told anyone. That puts the Steelers in the clear.

He's been playing great though. IMO if it isn't effecting the game it isn't worth putting on a report. The amount of players not on an injury report who have aches and pains is probably 100%.

It doesn't matter how well or not he is playing, he missed two practices this week and one last week. Everytime the Steelers listed it as "non-injury related" which is a lie! The injury report was created to off-set the inside knowledge of the betting circles. I'm sure that before you put money down on the Steelers, you would have liked to know that Bell was hurt.

This is a blatant violation of NFL rules, but of course, it was done by a Mara/Rooney owned team, so we know that nothing will ever come of this.

Roger Goodell to the Saints: "Ignorance is not an excuse." Since Roger is the king of consistency, I expect a consistent result here.

(I think this is all hogwash of course. Just venting at the stupid commissioner and his vandalism of the league)

if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

What you and I may believe is irrelevant. What could be proven is what matters.

Since when did proof matter? They can find Bell's testimony not credible.

He probably just made it up on the spot, like his QB; where twisted ankle means years of walking gingerly after a game, or a pin prick is a .308 wound channel.

Seattle where habitual rule breakers and the NFL initially wasnt going to do a thing about it but a lot of people started to raise a stink so they thought they would throw them a bone and take a pick. Despite the Steelers deflategate 2 that was swept under the rug, nothing is going to come from this. The League will again not care and if too many people start raising hell they will probably take a 6th or fine 10k for being first time offenders.

It was very clear that LaDanian Bell was hurt as he winced several times and was gimpy walking off the field. The last time I saw a player hurt that badly was when Talib got a bruise against Denver.

...or just spend a year and $15m bucks hiring a law firm to make up evidence, lie and claim that is that the standard of proof of guilt and a conspiracy to tarnish the integrity of the game.

As the article says, if the team treated him but did not list him on the IR, then the Squealers are screwed.

If he didn't tell them and sought treatment elsewhere, that is a different situation. From an investigations standpoint, not much to go on from

However, if he sought treatment elsewhere and still assuming the Steelers were still unaware why did he not tell the team? Did he not trust their medical staff OR was there already an "understanding" between LB and the Squealers in place?

Regardless, it needs to be investigated.

i look forward to tomlin throwing him under the bus too.

The steelers hate their coach.

Incorrect. I believe the standard per Goodell is were the Steelers "more probably than not generally aware that Bell had an injury."

Givenh is missed practices it seems the answer must be yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back