PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler RB Le'Veon Bell reportedly to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when pen is put to paper. You never know what this guy is gonna do.

When you consider the money he left on the table last year, @greggrosenthal had it right on Twitter:
"Looking more likely by the hour that the best Le’Veon Bell offer came from the Steelers last year: $33M in first 2 years, $45M over first 3."

Money-wise, he'll probably make the difference up with the kind of endorsements that come from playing in the New York market, but the real question is whether he will be motivated to play like he has something to prove on the field (in which case he will be a real difference-maker) or whether he will settle into the medical state known as a "Jete Coma" and have a few respectable but not great seasons and just give up in the end.

Bottom line for me: for now, nobody wins but the three other teams in the AFCN.

I'm not wishing for this by any stretch, because I'm not a monster (some folks in my life might debate that, but still...), but I'm getting a really strong hunch that Bell blows out a knee or some other similar season ending injury within the first half of the season. Just feels like that's the kind of thing that happens when you sit out a whole year to avoid injury for a big deal.

Now, he got his deal, so it "worked", but I'm not drafting him in fantasy this year, that's for sure.

Everyone says out of football for a year, but it's closer to 21 months if you think about it. Last game Dec 2017, next game September 2019.......
Le'veon Bell in NYC versus Pittsburgh.. WCGW?????

Matt Forte must be pretty upset that he'll have to share...... oh, right.

Le'Veon Bell vs. the Patriots:
2013 - Rush: 16 carries for 74 yds (4.625 YPC) & 4 rec for 65 yards
2015 - DNP
2016 - Rush: 21 carries for 81 yards (3.85 YPC) & 10 rec for 68 yards
2016 AFCC - 6 carries for 20 yards (3.33 YPC) & no rec
2017 - 24 carries for 117 yards (4.875 YPC) & 5 rec for 48 yards

All 5 games resulted in a Patriots win. :)

Isiah Crowell will be released because of this move.

Good RB for Patriots ?
Will he be expensive ?

Le'Veon Bell vs. the Patriots:
2013 - Rush: 16 carries for 74 yds (4.625 YPC) & 4 rec for 65 yards
2015 - DNP
2016 - Rush: 21 carries for 81 yards (3.85 YPC) & 10 rec for 68 yards
2016 AFCC - 6 carries for 20 yards (3.33 YPC) & no rec
2017 - 24 carries for 117 yards (4.875 YPC) & 5 rec for 48 yards

All 5 games resulted in a Patriots win. :)
Yeah, but the Jete are better now (March, offseason) than the Steelers ever were.

PatsFans feed....

022e2d9120ce101fdc6c3a97371d8b49.png

I read his deal may go up to $61M with incentives, so between $13.125 to $15.25 apy.

Gurley's at $14.375

Either way too much for a RB.

Bills & Jets have gotten much better.

Last edited:
PatsFans feed....

022e2d9120ce101fdc6c3a97371d8b49.png

I see Kraft is doing an impression of his favorite masseuse at Orchids in your signature.

People can laugh at this deal all they want. The bottom line is that the Bills & Jets have gotten much better. Winning the division is no longer a given for the Pats.

Are you really going there, before FA even starts?

People can laugh at this deal all they want. The bottom line is that the Bills & Jets have gotten much better. Winning the division is no longer a given for the Pats..

Apparently you haven't been following this team (or the division for that matter) very long.

When you consider the money he left on the table last year, @greggrosenthal had it right on Twitter:
"Looking more likely by the hour that the best Le’Veon Bell offer came from the Steelers last year: $33M in first 2 years, $45M over first 3."
I'm not sure why @greggrosenthal is pushing this angle because it's a very superficial way of looking at it. The raw totals don't really mean anything. The guaranteed money is really all that matters.

How much he's going to make after 2 or 3 years in the Steelers deal is completely irrelevant if he tears his ACL or ruptures his Achillies in 2018. The Steelers would just cut him and he'd never see any of that money.

Nobody seems to have a clear answer on how much the Steelers offered him. There are multiple reports that have surfaced. I've seen some reports saying he was offered only ~$20M guaranteed, and I've other reports that the Steelers offered him ~$33M guaranteed.

I know people want to **** on Bell because he plays for the Jets now and we feel inclined to put a negative spin on it, but he did fine. He could've gambled on his health and made more, but it's clear that him and his agent cared most about setting a floor with guaranteed money.

Sums it up

Attachments

• 89AC21BF-FC8A-4659-A52B-1B4765119965.jpeg
    89AC21BF-FC8A-4659-A52B-1B4765119965.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back