PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stats Gripe: QB rating is for the birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including all games, regular season and playoffs, up to the end of Week 4, 2015, here is the list for the current 32 starting QBs in the NFL applying @robertweathers pts system, sorted by most pts per QB start.

hdvnoAl.jpg

Expanding it for more details,

UG18RuK.jpg

NOTES:

For rushing TD, I used the games in which that QB started to determine the total (sum of all team rush TD in those QB starts), since there is no data on which QB hands the ball on each RB carry, so there might be a few missing (if the QB didn't start) or in excess( if was QB start, but was benched at the moment).
Error is probably low for usual starters and franchise QBs.

The same reasoning applies for total first downs.

The rest of the data is accurate: total QB starts & record, game-winning drives, pass TD and turnovers (INT thrown by QB + fumble lost by QB).
Nice job, Josh. From a historical standpoint its about as close as you are going to get.

For example, Brady offenses have 21 more rushing TDs than Manning offenses. Why is TB penalized for that? He could have called a game-changing audible or used it to set up the next call?

Statistically speaking, if you remove winning from the equation Brady is not #1 on this list.

A QB needs to win. If he doesn't win he sits and your analysis shows that TB12 does it better than anyone.

upload_2015-11-10_9-51-57.png

I dunno, probably pie in the sky stuff. We'd likely have to give up Jamie Collins or Chandler Jones too but with Chandler's contract coming up it might be the best way to get some value from him before he goes.

We could really use the type of improved QB play that Fitzpatrick would bring to the QB position.

Lol and ESPN wonders why no one else uses this

Would be a steal for us. But why would the Jets willingly give us the 3rd best QB in the league for next to nothing?

ESPN?

why you bring that **** in here?

Would be a steal for us. But why would the Jets willingly give us the 3rd best QB in the league for next to nothing?

Yeah, that's why I said this is all pie in the sky stuff. Fitzpatrick is obviously better (numbers don't lie) and younger. Plus we're heated rivals so they wouldn't trade a guy like Fitz to us for an inferior player but that's why we'd have to throw in some #1s.

Why are you still reading ESPN?

QBR was made to make Tebow look good.

ESPN's QBR is a steaming pile of Mort

well, 11 times out of 12 it is, anyway

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the case that the Pats have never traded wit the Jets (and the Colts) in the Bellichick era? So not gonna happen especially after that crap they pulled a couple weeks ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the case that the Pats have never traded wit the Jets (and the Colts) in the Bellichick era? So not gonna happen especially after that crap they pulled a couple weeks ago.

Wow, thanks for that buzzkill.

IDC, I'm gonna trade Fitzpatrick to the Pats in Madden and live out the dream.

yes, but all the girls and boys will make fun of you and point at you and tell you that you smell like monkey poop

Ah ok, so nothing will change.

;_; < me irl

Maybe because he's a free agent after this season? 2 #1's + Brady for a player they don't have under contract is a deal even the Jets couldn't pass up. Let's do it!

View attachment 11198

I dunno, probably pie in the sky stuff. We'd likely have to give up Jamie Collins or Chandler Jones too but with Chandler's contract coming up it might be the best way to get some value from him before he goes.

We could really use the type of improved QB play that Fitzpatrick would bring to the QB position.
Such a joke. Way too much subjectivity in their so-called analysis.

2016 Trade idea: Tom Brady and 2 #1s for Ryan Fitzpatrick...

2060390-i_like_it.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey