PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Starting Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Brady threw for 290 yards with only 25 minutes of TOP. Another stat that blew me away Sunday.

No, the 2014 divisional ravens is still the loudest and most electric i've heard the place. i was there for both, that was louder. yesterday was still great, but it's ridiculous to say that we didn't show up for that ravens one

I was at that ravens game. The crown noise was terrible. They mostly cheered when something good happened. They got loud for the defense mostly when the ball was already snapped. Sunday they were loud from the huddle to the line. Big difference, thats what Denver and Seattle is like.

I was at that ravens game. The crown noise was terrible. They mostly cheered when something good happened. They got loud for the defense mostly when the ball was already snapped. Sunday they were loud from the huddle to the line. Big difference, thats what Denver and Seattle is like.
interesting way to look at. i'll agree that yesterday the fans were more timely, i.e. going nuts as jax approached the line..
my lasting memory of the ravens game was the noise after the double pass... place was absolutely rocking. i do think theres some benefit to having that much damn noise and energy, even if it isn't perfectly timed. and still, that game was not below average in terms of normal noise level

No, the 2014 divisional ravens is still the loudest and most electric i've heard the place. i was there for both, that was louder. yesterday was still great, but it's ridiculous to say that we didn't show up for that ravens one
Last years afccg vs Pitt was crazy loud too

I’d love a fast start and fourteen points in the first quarter, that would be awesome. Some turnovers and points scored by defense would be great too but really. I’ll be happy no matter how they win, always have been even though I start getting stupid when the pats get more than ten down

The Patriots have gotten the ball first in each playoff game this season. They've scored just 3 points in the first quarters of the two games, combined.

Did they use the no huddle do you recall?

Well, it's toward a lot of newer fans. You just said if the Patriots keep winning like they in fact have been winning, they are bound to lose. I can't see how that makes any sense. Have you ever watched a championship fight? Sometimes one guy comes out throwing punches, dancing and mugging for the crowd. Unless there's a knockout, the later rounds are often for the smarter, fresher fighter.

There are such things as adjustments and if a young team blows their wad in the first half, they've shown the opposing team all their best plays.

The argument seems to be that scoring big early means you're going to win, but coming from behind is always luck and can't last.

I disagree.
This win over the Jaguars was hardly a fait accompli by the middle of the fourth quarter. Tom had to make that 3rd and 18 and a number of other difficult throws. I'd wager if he had to keep throwing that same pass in a bunch of alternate realities, we only win 1 out of 3. For most quarterbacks, probably more like 1 out of a 1000.

What we witnessed against the Jaguars, Falcons, and Seahawks is a mix of greatness and luck. Let's hope against Philly we do more early to avoid needing to rely on luck much at all.

No, not in the first two as far as I recall
Seems like we operate better in the no huddle and hurry up, but doing so keeps our defense on the field longer. After reading this thread that raised a number of good points, it would seem we run more early to burn clock and push guys around before opening things up later in the first half.

Hate to be a minority dissenting opinion, but I am ambivalent about taking an early lead and keeping it.. my three most favorite games were SB IL, SB LI and last Sundays game.. those games are forever imprinted in my psyche.

OTOH, not sure I need all that much excitement.. jumping around after the 2nd Amendola TD is not a good look for a 70 year old, at least my heart did not go into AFIB as it has occasionally done in the past during football games..

Seems like they start out slowly last few years after bye weeks . Also except for Gronk they don't have any studs on offense . So it is a process to see how to attack the others D .Their D takes less risks at the beginning of games I think for fear of the big play .

Seems like they start out slowly last few years after bye weeks . Also except for Gronk they don't have any studs on offense . So it is a process to see how to attack the others D .Their D takes less risks at the beginning of games I think for fear of the big play .
I don't get it. One one hand, people talk(ed) as if Cooks was going to be an elite weapon. On the other, many others talk as if he is absolutely useless. Personally, I think he is a decent weapon but hardly as instrumental as Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Lewis. I'd say it is a toss up between him, White, and Hogan for the fifth most important weapon on offense.

Last years afccg vs Pitt was crazy loud too
i was there for that one too- i thought it was pretty good for sure. since the game was never truly in doubt like these it was a little different, but yea good crowd for sure. "bazooka"

Ok so I know I'm risking getting run off the board with this but oh well lol I just feel like I need to get this off my chest.

The last 2 super bowls the Patriots played spotty for 3 or so quarters but came back with unbelievable 4th quarters. I feel like, as great as belichick and Brady are, if they keep putting themselves in this position (the same position they found themselves in against the Jags as well) at some point it's going to catch up with them. I feel like a win against the Eagles is going to take a solid 4 quarters of football to get the W. If the Pats are down double digits late, I think, chances are, they are not coming back this time. Especially if they are down like they were against Atlanta, what happened in that game was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Here's to hoping the pats come out strong and play a complete game against Philly.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being negative, I know no one here probably cares what I think but I just had to get this off my chest and I felt better putting it out there publicly. Feel free to flame me if you want, it's all good.

Right, Belichick's game plan: "Hey Tommy, defense, let's start slow as **** on purpose, and spot those a55holes a couple of touchdowns, just to make things exciting in the 4th quarter.... " :rolleyes:

3Qy6.gif

I always say this team reminds me of Batman (my fav superhero), starts a little slow and may get their asses kicked for awhile but through smarts, cleverness and studying, eventually figures out what the opponents strengths and weaknesses are and beats them, even when the odds are stacked against them.

I’d love a fast start and fourteen points in the first quarter, that would be awesome. Some turnovers and points scored by defense would be great too but really. I’ll be happy no matter how they win, always have been even though I start getting stupid when the pats get more than ten down

14.....? Shooot, I want 35 in the first quarter. My friends keep saying how lucky we are for our team to always be in the Superbowl and I keep telling my friends that its nice, but sometimes I just want to actually be able to enjoy the superbowl and not be on edge the whole game LOL.

14.....? Shooot, I want 35 in the first quarter. My friends keep saying how lucky we are for our team to always be in the Superbowl and I keep telling my friends that its nice, but sometimes I just want to actually be able to enjoy the superbowl and not be on edge the whole game LOL.

Me too bro. It would be nice to enjoy a half time show. Last year at half time, I couldn’t stand lady Gaga because of the fact down 21-3 I started doing shots of crown royal. Passed out for an hour actually then the pats were down 28-12. I loved the game but talk about depression. No one ever came back from more than ten so. Ya know

Right, Belichick's game plan: "Hey Tommy, defense, let's start slow as **** on purpose, and spot those a55holes a couple of touchdowns, just to make things exciting in the 4th quarter.... " :rolleyes:

3Qy6.gif

:D

I don't care what the game plan is as long as they come out with a W, I just think if they are down by double digits late it's gonna be tough to come back from that for the 3rd super bowl in a row lol I think this game is gonna take a full 4 quarters of solid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes