PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Squealers' Coach Tomlin Cheats to Prevent TD

We disagree on this one.

How can you think a fine is enough? What reason is there to not do this again? 100k fine is nothing. Suspension or draft pick is a must. I hope ravens push for a harsher punishment.

How can you think a fine is enough? What reason is there to not do this again? 100k fine is nothing. Suspension or draft pick is a must. I hope ravens push for a harsher punishment.

$100k is nothing?

Cool, go pay Tomlin's fine for him.

$100k is nothing?

Cool, go pay Tomlin's fine for him.

BB got 500k for doing something not nearly as bad. If another team wanted to do that in the playoffs I bet they could get an owner to pay for it. He should at least be suspended one game.

BB got 500k for doing something not nearly as bad. If another team wanted to do that in the playoffs I bet they could get an owner to pay for it. He should at least be suspended one game.

BB got screwed. That doesn't make it right to screw the next guy.

But knowing how the Rooney family runs the Steelers...don't be shocked if and when Tomlin gets shown the door before the end of the season.

Is that like a joke or something?

I love bill as much as everyone else here, but you can't be serious.

Taping a teams signals (especially the freaking jets)was worse than stand on the field. I still never understood why they needed to do that against the jets that year.

BB got screwed. That doesn't make it right to screw the next guy.

bill deserved that fine. "Spygate" ruined the integrity of one of the greatest dynasties in nfl history in son many people eyes (not mines)

And he did it against the jets.. That situation would have been a bigger mess Had roger not destroyed the tapes.

bill deserved that fine. "Spygate" ruined the integrity of one of the greatest dynasties in nfl history in son many people eyes (not mines)

And he did it against the jets.. That situation would have been a bigger mess Had roger not destroyed the tapes.

You are either astonishingly uninformed or you are a fan of a rival team The latter is far more likely. I liked your post just so I could unlike it.

What would have been true justice is if the runner smashed into him at full speed. Give him a concussion and some broken ribs, see how funny that is.

I'd laugh.

You are either astonishingly uninformed or you are not a fan of a rival team The latter is far more likely. I liked your post just so I could unlike it.

coolguys been on ignore for weeks now, hes one of the trolls from JetsInsider

bill deserved that fine. "CAMERAgate" ruined the integrity of one of the greatest dynasties in nfl history in son many people eyes (not mines)

Made a small correction on how you could view that issue.

Everyone is entitled to their two cents.

Mind shedding light on:

(a) whether you are a Patsfan

(b) why you think BB deserved the $500k fine and the team a first round draft pick?, and

(c) what makes you so sure that the situation would have been a bigger mess for the Pats (and not the NFL itself) had Roger not destroyed the tapes?

I am a big time Pats fan who belongs to the segment that believes that BB deserved a nominal fine.

I also belong to that segment that believes both Kraft and BB erred by not protesting their ridiculously high fine. Maybe if they had taken strong steps right @ that time, it could have limited the smear against us, which now looks to continue forever. (After all, BB clearly said in the only interview he gave that that particular taping was a minisucle part of the big mosaic they use to prepare against every team.)

On destroying the tapes: I get that you are going to claim that the tapes contained incrimnating evidence against the Pats which lead to the heavy fine, and so probably destroyed to save face.

But to save whose face?? You think to save the Pats; I don't.

I do however wish that those tapes were not destroyed. Its destruction added so much fuel. If the Pats deserved that high fine, might as well clearly show why, as opposed to ridiculously blaming it on the spots from where they recorded a public event shown on national TV.

he's also near braindead...Jet fan always steps on his tiny d!ck when he opens his mongo mouth about the sideline taping...

Jets videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough - NFL - ESPN

"The Jets were caught videotaping at Gillette Stadium last season and the Patriots had that New York employee removed from the area, according to published reports Wednesday. Jets coach Eric Mangini said his team received permission to film behind both end zones during the playoff game in January.

"We taped the game is what we taped, and we taped end-zone copy of the game, and we tape a double-end zone, which is standard operating procedure for us," Mangini said Wednesday. "We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible. And when people request it from us, we do the same thing: We grant it."

coolguys been on ignore for weeks now, hes one of the trolls from JetsInsider

Aargh! Wish you had posted before I wasted time typing a detailed response hoping for a rational discusion.

Is that like a joke or something?

Ask Santonio Holmes if that's a joke.

Wins SB MVP, has the best season of his career, and the Rooneys showed him the door anyway...because he got in trouble and like Tomlin, brought negative attention to the Steelers.

Not saying they're going to fire Tomlin for sure, just don't be shocked if and when it happens. There is precedent.

Thanks for your clarifying post.

You seem to have no acceptance, and perhaps no understanding, of appropriate punishment. That explains your responses. We're never going to be able to agree on this, because I'm coming from a different position than you are. I'm not looking to screw over the Steelers, and you are.

well the general consensus is that the pats punishment was NOT excessive.

It is seen as excessive here, yes.

So in that case, a 1st round pick punishment is appropriate for deliberate messing with the game and then lying about it.

I love bill as much as everyone else here, but you can't be serious.

Taping a teams signals (especially the freaking jets)was worse than stand on the field. I still never understood why they needed to do that against the jets that year.

No it was not. Taping signals is legal and always was. Taping from the sidelines was legal until the 2006 memo banning the practice.

The problem was Bill's arrogance... he figured he'd just get an edge by ignoring that memo....because he was arrogant enough to think he could lawyer his way out of it when caught and outwit the commissioner. He paid the price for his arrogance and so did the organization.

You are either astonishingly uninformed or you are a fan of a rival team The latter is far more likely. I liked your post just so I could unlike it.

How i can i be a fan of the jets when i clearly despise all things new york except for the nets because they own the celtics a draft pick.

"Spygate" seems to never go away. I thought it would after the pats went 16-0 and brady 50 tds, but it clearly didn't.

I think the juicing steelers is way worse than anything the pats have ever did.

How i can i be a fan of the jets when i clearly despise all things new york except for the nets because they own the celtics a draft pick.

"Spygate" seems to never go away. I thought it would after the pats went 16-0 and brady 50 tds, but it clearly didn't.

I think the juicing steelers is way worse than anything the pats have ever did.

It won't... especially if Brady and Bill have already won their last ring. we'll just have to live with it as fans.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back