PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SPEC-U-LA-TION: The death knell for Ben Watson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen several remarks stating Thomas has had one good game - I beg to differ, he has had quite a number of good games, he just has been used more as a blocker/STer than a primary receiver. Which goes to show he started slow and steadily improved his play to take advantage of his opportunities. Chad Jackson is now getting some nice blocking opportunities, but I digress...

BOX -
Thomas has only had one good game where he was active in all facets of the offense and special teams. The other games, as you pointed out, he was only working on blocking and special teams. And it was only recently that his blocking has gotten good.

BOX -
Thomas has only had one good game where he was active in all facets of the offense and special teams. The other games, as you pointed out, he was only working on blocking and special teams. And it was only recently that his blocking has gotten good.
Define a good game Pardner! The rookie got game reps, he executed his assignment well on most of his reps, improved each game, and now that he's moved up the depth chart as an injury replacement he's getting noticed by the fan base. The kid hasn't had a bad game yet. I define a good game not in the context of a Marvin Harrison 4 TD effort, but in the context of a player doing his job correctly and helping his team win. I'm not ecstatic about 5 catches and a TD, they helped a great deal, but they also were what I expected based on his previous play - it's part of a progression. Bam's two catches, one for a first down, helped. Kight made a catch and did a good job on Special Teams. They all had good games and get gold stars on their report card. If they each do their job, even if only on one play, I'm happy because they helped the team. Call me easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes