PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Pats have NOT ruled out bringing Cam back in 2021

That's not remotely surprising. He costs next to nothing. Let's say you can't get a QB in free agency and need to draft one, you can pay another back up in the 5-10 million range or keep a vet who has been in your system for about 1 million to fill that role

People are acting like we got screwed by him. We were in a **** situation regardless and he was a last ditch hail mary to see if he would return to form for next to nothing.

Now if you can land someone like Stafford and then draft a QB to be waiting in the wings that's one thing. But assuming you don't hit it out of the park in the draft and free agency, everything should be on the table.

I am not opposed to it as long as we give Cam some weapons to keep teams From putting eight in the box every snap...
I’m opposed to running a one dimensional offense next year. Need to get some balance on offense.

If we planned on mailing in the 2021 season, sure, he's a good play.

Covid didn't derail cams season. We got the current iteration that has terrible mechanics, zero pocket awareness and poor accuracy.

If you're Interested in watching more bounce pass balls, by all means back his return.

There is no need to make any announcements about Cam or his future with the team at this point. BB has traditionally not done this and I would be surprised if he would leak anything like this at this point.

Good so I can laugh at Bill some more.

Tom>>>Bill

put down the crack pipe and step away from the lsd!!!!!

take two aspirin and get a full eight hours of sleep and all these delusions of grandeur will be gone in the morning,

Comments like these only make me want him back more. People like you will be forced to root for him or find another team. I'm not about to check your post history, 'cause I really don't care, but I hope you're not another one of the let-Stidham-start guys. If you are, we got nothing to talk about.

Comments like these only make me want him back more. People like you will be forced to root for him or find another team. I'm not about to check your post history, 'cause I really don't care, but I hope you're not another one of the let-Stidham-start guys. If you are, we got nothing to talk about.

having played this game all the way through college and for 3 days in a pro training camp, I understand two things:

1.) the nfl is a business first and foremost.
2.) competition is everything. If stidham could not beat out newton in practice, there was no way bb was going to put him on the field.

that being said, stidham’s incompetence aside, there is no reason to bring newton back. He does not fit our offense! Time to move him along.

having played this game all the way through college and for 3 days in a pro training camp, I understand two things:

1.) the nfl is a business first and foremost.
2.) competition is everything. If stidham could not beat out newton in practice, there was no way bb was going to put him on the field.

that being said, stidham’s incompetence aside, there is no reason to bring newton back. He does not fit our offense! Time to move him along.
No QB fits this offense 'cause it's not a good offense to begin with. You saw it last year with Brady. It's Edelman, White, Burkhead and nothing else. We need actual talent at WR and TE and another big, punishing back like Blount was.

No QB fits this offense 'cause it's not a good offense to begin with. You saw it last year with Brady. It's Edelman, White, Burkhead and nothing else. We need actual talent at WR and TE and another big, punishing back like Blount was.
Meyers is a solid WR3, may even be WR2 material. I think they’re mostly set at RB, too, with Harris and Michel.

Meyers is a solid WR3, may even be WR2 material. I think they’re mostly set at RB, too, with Harris and Michel.
Harris is still unproven and Michel hasn't looked as good as he did his rookie year. I felt like he ran harder, had more burst and power.

Edit: No way in hell is Meyers a WR2. lol. I know he's out there grinding, but no.

Last edited:
If Bill is left holding the bag in free agency QBs there is a chance Cam Newton is back. I doubt any teams will be clamoring for him with his 8 tds and 10 interceptions.

But I think Bill is going to look and see if there is an upgrade, a guy who can more run their system. Jimmy G, Mariota, Brissett, stafford.

Not surprised in the least bit, it's always been the same MO for Bill, get as many good QB's as you can and let them compete for the starting job in training camp.

If BB brings him back then Belichick may as well pull a Contanza and tow the Lombardi around Gillete.

EvilLongChick-size_restricted.gif

Cam will not be their quarterback next year. I don't blame them for not confirming it yet. Why? There is not need to, but I would be beyond shocked if Cam came back.
This is simply to help Cam..."...there remains a market for him". For every vet player cut a "year early", there are also those that have been good soldiers that BB will assist in little ways like this - whether an early cut in camp to get with another team or continuing to make it look like there's some demand for a player to drive up negotiation price. Free agency isn't just money and location - there are other factors too - much lesser in the decision process, but still relevant.

Camp fodder while Studs and Harry and their newest 1st rounder who was graded as a UFA fine tune their “A” game

Uh oh...

• Interesting
Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference