PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel retires after 5 seasons

Thanks for the good 2018 postseason.

That being said we should’ve taken Chubb.
Chubb wouldn’t have played in 2018, he couldn’t pass block. He’d be pinned to the bench with a 41 year old QB to protect.

The Pats also never would have offered Chubb that second contract. So it would cost them that last ring and he’s gone at the end of his rookie deal… just as he’s learning to pass block. Solid.

I think with 5 years in he gets his pension too.

He said his body 'just wasn't working right anymore', but he does have a HS coaching gig set up already, and he's been thinking about it for a while, so he thankfully sounds pretty prepared. Best of luck, Sony, and thank you.

Should have

If you feel the need to make a snarky comment, at least master the basics of written English first.
Lol yeah I don’t care too much about proper English on a football forum.
Honestly it’s the least of my concerns.
I bring it up cause I hated picking that position in the first I hated taking that player with his injury history and not really being the starter or best back on his own team,
When Tom Effing Brady said prior to the draft Lamar was a beast and at the time the longevity of Brady was up for debate,
The fact that Mcdaniels worked him out the night prior to the draft there was a lot of smoke he would come to NE and learn from Josh and Tom.
Instead we took a position which had been handled well here by role players and journey men.
The fact he is retired and Lamar is one of the highest paid QBs In the NFL refuels that fire.
I thank Sony for his playoff contributions his rookie year that helped us out tremendously.
However doesn’t warrant the pick over a Special talent like Jackson.

Lol yeah I don’t care too much about proper English on a football forum.
Honestly it’s the least of my concerns.
I bring it up cause I hated picking that position in the first I hated taking that player with his injury history and not really being the starter or best back on his own team,
When Tom Effing Brady said prior to the draft Lamar was a beast and at the time the longevity of Brady was up for debate,
The fact that Mcdaniels worked him out the night prior to the draft there was a lot of smoke he would come to NE and learn from Josh and Tom.
Instead we took a position which had been handled well here by role players and journey men.
The fact he is retired and Lamar is one of the highest paid QBs In the NFL refuels that fire.
I thank Sony for his playoff contributions his rookie year that helped us out tremendously.
However doesn’t warrant the pick over a Special talent like Jackson.
He does when you're in win-now mode, and you're trying to draft players that could help THAT SEASON.

And yes, Lamar Jackson looks very Special every December, standing on the sidelines on crutches.

Sony is 28. RBs usually hit the cliff at that age. Sony had knee issues when he entered the NFL, but 5 to 7 years is the career length of most RBs in the NFL.

All the best to Sony and his family.

He does when you're in win-now mode, and you're trying to draft players that could help THAT SEASON.

And yes, Lamar Jackson looks very Special every December, standing on the sidelines on crutches.
Just here to add my voice to the ‘Jackson is overrated’ argument.

For some reason, players like Herbert, Jackson, Watson…. They get ooohs and aaahs and everyone gushes. But is the goal a SB ring or a Madden cover photo op ?

We had two First Rounders that Draft and Drafted two Meh players. Watched both Chubb And Michel and don't know how the Patriots chose Sony. The word was he was the better pass catcher yet he couldn't catch a cold. It's like Drafting Harry over A.J. Brown the Patriots have a disturbing pattern.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back