PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel on Jimmy Kimmel Last Night:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great interview, great personality.

I thought Sony was awesome. He’s kinda like Belichick, all business during the season. But now that it’s over, he can have fun and be himself, which honestly, at lot more comfortable than I thought he be. He’s a star already.

Forget about Sony as a football player for a minute..
..I was very impressed at how he handled himself on national TV last night.
Remember, this kid's a rookie. I see seasoned vets all the time look nervous as hell on shows like this. Not Sony.
Not nervous, which allowed his personality to shine.
I guarantee there were advertisers taking note: this kid is gonna get his share of endorsement offers if he wants them.
Love the way he runs I don't understand posters here who still seem unimpressed.
He's got some Curtis Martin in him. Watch out next year, fully healthy, get his explosion back. Has a chance to be really good.

I was laughing at his pulling out his camera like everyone else and pointing it at the Tom Brady VIP section of the after party. What a great anecdote.

I didn’t cringe at all. I have seen some really awkward interviews but this wasn’t one of them.

Sony is a beast. LOL ...you guys thought he was talking about a car grill or bbq grille :D

Forget about Sony as a football player for a minute..
..I was very impressed at how he handled himself on national TV last night.
Remember, this kid's a rookie. I see seasoned vets all the time look nervous as hell on shows like this. Not Sony.
Not nervous, which allowed his personality to shine.
I guarantee there were advertisers taking note: this kid is gonna get his share of endorsement offers if he wants them.
Love the way he runs I don't understand posters here who still seem unimpressed.
He's got some Curtis Martin in him. Watch out next year, fully healthy, get his explosion back. Has a chance to be really good.

Michael Irving interviewed him on media day about a week ago. Sony was awesome then too.

It appears that the Patriots have some good guys playing for them. Some here may know a few of them, I don't, but I'm impressed. It makes a difference.

Just casually funny without trying to be. He seems such a genuine guy as well. Hope he has a long career here

Not sure if this whole Gurley thing is just some college bros having fun taking small digs at one another or if there's actual beef there.

Georgia has been producing some stallions as of late....sheesh.

Not sure if this whole Gurley thing is just some college bros having fun taking small digs at one another or if there's actual beef there.

Georgia has been producing some stallions as of late....sheesh.

Any team in the nfl who needs a RB, just go to Georgia. They got another few coming out this year that look pro bowl level.. scary

Wow. I didn't think cringe worthy at all. I agree with those who thought he had a great personality. Just seems like a genuine nice kid. And freaking hilarious "My dad wanted to get lit" lol.

LOVED it. Had me laughing out loud.

Needs to get some work on the jugs machine in the offseason, but what a great pickup. I'm a big fan!

Anyone else think this was cringe? Kimmel is not the best at making his guests feel comfortable.
I hear what you’re saying with Kimmel, but I felt Sony made it work out. Just seems like a cool guy.

I think Sony did incredible. His personality really showed. He’s funny and had great stories. Kimmel is complete trash in terms of interviewing but Sony was great in my opinion.

This was great. Didn't realise he was this funny. He's definitely a keeper ! I said it all season even though some were bummed we took a RB in the 1st round. I saw his potential early on.

I thought that was great. What a genuinely funny guy.

His knee is going to have a chance to get the healing rest now. Hopefully that results in a return to his full explosion for next year.

In other words... this isn't even his final form?

Anyone else think this was cringe? Kimmel is not the best at making his guests feel comfortable.

I thought Kimmel was a bit awkward, but weirdly Michel didn't seem to be. He seemed surprisingly comfortable up there.

His knee is going to have a chance to get the healing rest now. Hopefully that results in a return to his full explosion for next year.
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that his knee is degenerative. Was that just meaningless speculation? Does anyone know?

He has a lot of charisma.

Last edited:
I really like that guy. He’s ok

Most of these late night interviews with athletes are cringe.

In other words... this isn't even his final form?

I thought Kimmel was a bit awkward, but weirdly Michel didn't seem to be. He seemed surprisingly comfortable up there.

Yeah, Michel was actually fine. He surprised me. But Kimmel is Kimmel. He's no Carson or Letterman. Hell, he's not even Stern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call