PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

something to watch Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacPete1

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from Phil Perry over at CSN commenting on today's practice:

" When the Patriots got into their dime package during Philadelphia's two-minute hurry-up they used some interesting defensive personnel. Zach Moore (who appeared to injure his leg but came back later in the practice) was at defensive tackle. Safety Nate Ebner was in slot. McCourty and Duron Harmon were at safety with Malcolm Butler and Brandon Browner on the corners. As usual, Rob Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins and Dont'a Hightower were also out there"

The piece on Moore caught my eye as I liked what little I saw of him against the Redskins. Plus if there is one area of the defense I'm not sure about it's the interior rush, particularly in passing substitution situations.

Postcard from Patriots training camp: Day 15 - CSNNE.com

Eh, Moore at DT is probably just a necessity at this point with the DT injury situation. He doesn't have the skillset to rush effectively from the inside at this point.

Eh, Moore at DT is probably just a necessity at this point with the DT injury situation. He doesn't have the skillset to rush effectively from the inside at this point.

Agreed. Similarly, Mayo would likely be out there in place of Hightower, Revis would be out there in place of Butler, and Ebner would be replaced by just about anyone.

Agreed but nonetheless curious about the interior DL on passing downs

Agreed but nonetheless curious about the interior DL on passing downs

Exactly. Dude is getting a chance to show what he can do against some better competition. Always interesting to see what a young player can do when given a chance!

Some of the Patriots best players have worked their way up from lower places - let's see if he makes the most of his opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes