PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something a little crazy...

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Pulled out an old computer that was in the garage and bought an adapter to try and salvage what was on the hard drive. It actually worked for about 10 mins before it died, but not before I managed to pull a bunch of old family photos, along with stuff from the first couple of years of this place, including the game story I wrote the night we beat the Rams. It's been added to the database and I figured I'd share it here:

Hard to believe that was 19-years ago...pretty crazy. Wish I still had the board from back then but it was on a shared host and I didn't quite know enough yet, although there are still quite a few people here from those days :)

I did too...Wonder what happened to them...?
I worked with a local radio station back then, which helped pay for it because I certainly couldn’t afford it. They opted to eventually go in another direction, so that’s the reason.

Did a search for this board in the wayback machine. I wasn't a posting regular yet back then (I was a regular on the espn boards but was a lurker here) but how's this for a blast from the past!

Browser Note
These forums have been built for Internet Explorer v4.0 or higher and Netscape v6.0 or higher.

LOL

Last edited:
Here's another link with what Steve Grogan had to say after the game in a feature we did way back when called "Grogan's Grades":

I remember those Grogan's grades, too!!! They weren't super-insightful... but I didn't care...

4wk9b7.gif

...it was STEVE GROGAN, man!!! ;)

Did a search for this board in the wayback machine. I wasn't a posting regular yet back then (I was a regular on the espn boards but was a lurker here) but how's this for a blast from the past!

Browser Note
These forums have been built for Internet Explorer v4.0 or higher and Netscape v6.0 or higher.

LOL
Ah, I didn't check that snapshot. I was missing the recap from the Raiders win in the AFC Championship and I just grabbed it. :D

LOL, and yes, that's what this place looked like both on the front page and the board, although the screens were lower resolution back then so it sort of looked at least a little cooler :cool:

I remember those Grogan's grades, too!!! They weren't super-insightful... but I didn't care...

4wk9b7.gif

...it was STEVE GROGAN, man!!! ;)
Actually I looked back at a few and those WERE pretty darn good. Did someone else do a grading thing for the Pats after Grogan?

Actually I looked back at a few and those WERE pretty darn good. Did someone else do a grading thing for the Pats after Grogan?
At the radio station, it was Matt Chatham but I believe Steve actually ended up needing more time to take care of his folks, so that was the other reason.

At the radio station, it was Matt Chatham but I believe Steve actually ended up needing more time to take care of his folks, so that was the other reason.
It used to air at 7:30am on WHEB in NH on Monday Mornings.

Last edited:
Did Patsfans ever have another game grader?

Reactions: Ian
Was it Chatham’s Chart? Because if it didn’t have the alliteration, it probably wasn’t destined to be.

Last edited:
Wow great stuff thanks Ian!

Reactions: Ian
I wandered in here the night after Comcast pulled the plug on Usenet Groups way back in the day. Is anyone here from the alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots group?

Man ... that was a trip down memory lane for sure. I love the way this site has grown - both in looks and content, but seeing that old look again was great.

Hmmm ... maybe Ian can template the forums to look like they did in the past - run it for a throwback month maybe? You know, with all that spare time you have .... ;)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back