PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solomon Thomas on the Trade Block for Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score

Would make a lot of sense if we try and get a deal done. Nick Bosa/Quinnen Williams seems like SF's next guy, and Solomon Thomas would be the odd man out. Obviously has huge potential and as far as I recall, doesn't have off the field issues. Would a 4th get it done?

Would make a lot of sense if we try and get a deal done. Nick Bosa/Quinnen Williams seems like SF's next guy, and Solomon Thomas would be the odd man out. Obviously has huge potential and as far as I recall, doesn't have off the field issues. Would a 4th get it done?

They still owe us for fleecing us in the Jimmy G deal.

Any realistic chance we can get him for say a 4th rounder for Thomas and a 5th as a few have speculated? Or will it be a mid rounder for Thomas straight up?

They gave us Trent Brown, was a dumb move to trade away quality OL depth for nothing. Never trade away OL depth unless you’re getting something really good back.

He's been a bit of a disappointment for the Niners but he had all the top of the first round measurables (IIRC) coming out. I guess this why its good to have all those comp picks in the draft, though I think this is a trade you save for tomorrow. I wouldn't make it if we draft a Tillery, Simmonds, or Lawrence.

Any realistic chance we can get him for say a 4th rounder for Thomas and a 5th as a few have speculated? Or will it be a mid rounder for Thomas straight up?
I'd hope that a 4th-5th round value gets it done, but there might be a market for a former top 3 pick.

So, to recap: the Pats essentially turned pick No. 43 and, with help from their No. 63 pick, turned it into cornerback Duke Dawson, linebacker Christian Sam, Chicago’s second-round pick in 2019 and Detroit’s third-round pick in 2019.

This for a player that missed the entire season. I think "fleeced" is a bit much.

I'd hope that a 4th-5th round value gets it done, but there might be a market for a former top 3 pick.
Why not if this is the price ?

Last edited:

If it gets too high I’d hope we bow out. Yeah a change of scenery can jump start his career (like a Van Noy) but his play to date shouldn’t warrant anything more than a day 3 pick

The 49ers didn't fleece us. A backup QB is important and the Pats had no one on the roster after they traded Jimmy G. It's zero coincidence that the 49ers released Hoyer the next day and he immediately signed with the Pats for a team friendly deal.

Had they traded him to any other team they wouldn't have a capable backup in Hoyer for a good price. Unfortunately Brisset didn't pan out as Jimmy G backup, otherwise they might have traded him for more.

I’d take him for a mid round pick. Definitely seems like a BB special.

Caphit of 7.7 million, folks.

If we get him for cheap it might be on the table but doesn't scream no brainer either.

Not interested. No way he takes a pay cut either. If he 49ers swallow some of that dough than maybe but he just hasn't been that good TBH.

If we get him for cheap it might be on the table but doesn't scream no brainer either.

Ugh too rich for my blood.

$4+ of that was his signing bonus, right? That makes his cap hit to a team that trades for him $3m.

Unless I'm completely wrong here, you don't repay the original team the signing bonus.

Solomon Thomas

$4+ of that was his signing bonus, right? That makes his cap hit to a team that trades for him $3m.

Unless I'm completely wrong here, you don't repay the original team the signing bonus.

Solomon Thomas

I have no idea but that would make it more intriguing.

I'd rather get Allan Bailey for a couple of million more and save the pick.

I remember thinking if the Pats traded up that year, I wanted them to draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes