PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

so.... who's Tom's mother f***er...?

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tom Brady on a team that wasn't interested in him last year: "You're sticking with that motherf-ker?" - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

HBO has posted a promo for the episode. Regarding his 2020 foray into free agency, Brady says this about an unnamed NFL franchise: “One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end. I was thinking, you’re sticking with that motherf–ker?”

Florio posits Brady may have been talking about Garoppolo.... if so, then geez, I didn't realize there was such bad blood.... but my first thought was that maybe the LA Chargers dropped interest in Tom, deciding to stick with Tyrod Taylor instead? Taylor, of course, is a joke but things worked out well for LA since Herbert took over and had a fine rookie season.... although obviously my theory falls apart if LA was legit interested in Tom until the end....

1624298300889.png

There’s a discussion in the Tampa thread about this too. Tannehill is another candidate.

5e27qu.jpg

Will Tyrann Mathieu be penning an op-Ed about this filthy, offensive language? Or does he only do that when the audience is misled to think it’s a racial slur?

I’m thinking:

1. Raiders
2. Titans

I don’t think it’s the 49ers.

Comments such as these and his emails are so inconsistent with this well crafted Dalai Lama image he portrays in interviews.

I thought the other top potential teams were Tennessee and Chicago, with the Raiders and Chargers as second tier possibilities if memory serves me right.

Titans: Ryan Tannehill
Bears: Mitch Trubisky
Raiders: Derek Carr
Chargers: Justin Herbert was a draft pick that spring, so maybe he meant Tyrod Taylor (pre-draft)?

The article implies San Francisco, but I didn't think they were ever serious about signing Brady (based mostly on Garoppolo's contract).

edit: Regarding the comment above mentioning Cam, that doesn't really apply here since the quote was from when Brady was a free agent, well before he signed; nobody was "sticking" with Newton at that point in time.

Tom Brady on a team that wasn't interested in him last year: "You're sticking with that motherf-ker?" - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

HBO has posted a promo for the episode. Regarding his 2020 foray into free agency, Brady says this about an unnamed NFL franchise: “One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end. I was thinking, you’re sticking with that motherf–ker?”

Florio posits Brady may have been talking about Garoppolo.... if so, then geez, I didn't realize there was such bad blood.... but my first thought was that maybe the LA Chargers dropped interest in Tom, deciding to stick with Tyrod Taylor instead? Taylor, of course, is a joke but things worked out well for LA since Herbert took over and had a fine rookie season.... although obviously my theory falls apart if LA was legit interested in Tom until the end....

View attachment 33521

Has to be Garoppolo. Why would Tom be opining about any other QB? He wouldn't know them well enough but Jimmy G he knows. Also his love for all things 49ers is well documented. And 49ers were a WIN-NOW organization and just needed a QB (they were in SB the previous year).

Has to be Garoppolo. Why would Tom be opining about any other QB? He wouldn't know them well enough but Jimmy G he knows. Also his love for all things 49ers is well documented. And 49ers were a WIN-NOW organization and just needed a QB (they were in SB the previous year).
Turns out it was a good thing he didn’t go there. That team was destroyed by injures last season.

I just don't think he thinks of Jimmy like that. In those profane terms. I could be wrong but Tanny seems more plausible given Brady's relationship with Mike and the fact that Tanny was a FA.

In fairness, in the clip, Tom is clearly emphasizing that the team pissed him off…not that the QB sucks.

You’re going with that mother****er.

You’re going with that mother****er.

Two different meanings based on emphasis.

His father?

:D

I feel so good now that all of us who’ve been on team Brady over Bill and tried to tell people that basically since 2016ish there was immense acrimony behind the scenes between the two have been vindicated.

“What I say vs. what I think are two totally different things. I would say 90 percent of what I say is probably not what I’m thinking. Which is challenging, you know? And I really admire people that actually can do that, and say what they think, because they invite a lot of other things into their life. And I think there’s part of me that doesn’t like conflict. So in the end I just always try to play it super flat.”

So good.

Love his comments about how he praises opponents like CBs who actually suck and he's gonna destroy!

"I never want to give away like what we’re doing, you know what I’m saying? Like, I usually say the opposite. Like if they’ve got a [crappy] corner, I’ll be like, ‘That guy’s unbelievable! I don’t know how they even complete balls over there!’ In my mind, I’m going like, ‘I’m going at that mother [bleeper] all day!’ You know? Because I don’t want to give them any [strategic plans].”

Same thing BB does publicly evaluating an opponent.

"Some people — like my wife for example, she just lets it come out. It’s like FWOOM and it’s out, and I’m like, ‘Holy s—!’ And you know what? She’s right. Her instincts and her nature is usually right with a lot of things that she says and thinks.

"My husband can not f****ing throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."

I guess we now know how TFB REALLY felt about Welker's winning drive killing drop vs the Jints 2011 season SB.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back