PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what happened to Matt Judon?

I think it was still 7 0 when Judon got ~juked by Allen, who simply ran past him (not to dismerit Allen)

Guy was stiffer than Nkeal Harry running routes... And his drop-off is very very sharp, so... Idk, kinda feels like its external, other than OCs "figuring him out"

Ill buy the injury thing until next season. I really want to see what we will come up with in year 2 of him in the system

Last edited:
He better be injured. I don’t like the ramifications if he is not.

My opinion is he wasn’t. If you are active on game day you can play. He didn’t start at the beginning of the playoff game and didn’t start in the second half. Played only 22 snaps all game. If he was so injured that you didn’t start your best pass rusher in either half of a playoff game and played him less than half the snaps why having active?

In my opinion he was benched at the end of the year because he stop buying into what the coaches were telling him.

Jackson implication in the game also was in my opinion awful you could clearly see the guy didn’t want to get injured in the game because he was 60 minutes away from free agency. He didn’t want to give it all for this team.
Let me get this straight.

So after Judon buying in from Aug to Thanksgiving he stopped buying in on a 9-4 team?

JC decides to give up on his team right before a playoff game after busting his ass during the reg season? Additionally dogging it for a team that might franchise him and possibly pay him a multi-year deal?

If that is what you believe, fine but it's pretty far-fetched.

So after Judon buying in from Aug to Thanksgiving he stopped buying in on a 9-4 team?

JC decides to give up on his team right before a playoff game after busting his ass during the reg season? Additionally dogging it for a team that might franchise him and possibly pay him a multi-year deal?

What if Judon didn’t really buy in all year? KVN clearly implied on Chris Long podcast that Judon was free lancing and everyone knows Bill doesn’t like that. What if Judon was free lancing and racking sacks but wasn’t doing it what the coaching staff wanted him to do and that blew over during the bye week?

regarding JC you can clearly see on film that they were multiple plays on Saturday where he wanted to do nothing with the play.

Edit: i don’t particularly think Mac Jones played well on Saturday but the thing he never did was folding the tent and go home. He fought until the end. JC folded the tent because he knew he was a FA in 30 minutes because he didn’t want to risk to injure himself and cost himself 20M a year because make no mistake it’s what he is after not raving about playing for Bill for 10

Last edited:
One of 3 possibilities:

- I'vealreadyreachedmyincentives-itis;

- Ratbird Stank;

- Once a Murderer-Worshipper, always a Murderer-Worshipper.

Matty Judon = the next Afailus Thomas?
At least you're being consistent. ;)

I like most of your nicknames but Afailus Thomas is one of the best.

Isn't it possible that Judon was injured?

What if Judon didn’t really buy in all year? KVN clearly implied on Chris Long podcast that Judon was free lancing and everyone knows Bill doesn’t like that. What if Judon was free lancing and racking sacks but wasn’t doing it what the coaching staff wanted him to do and that blew over during the bye week?

regarding JC you can clearly see on film that they were multiple plays on Saturday where he wanted to do nothing with the play.

Edit: i don’t particularly think Mac Jones played well on Saturday but the thing he never did was folding the tent and go home. He fought until the end. JC folded the tent because he knew he was a FA in 30 minutes because he didn’t want to risk to injure himself and cost himself 20M a year because make no mistake it’s what he is after not raving about playing for Bill for 10
Sorry but I don't agree with your perspective.

Yep there was also a podcast this year between Chris Long and KVN where Chris at some point was implying that Judon was freelancing and asking KVN if it was the case and KVN answered with: no comment.

Chris Long knows that the NE defense, and the particular style it plays, can only be very effective if all 11 players are on the same page. After all, he played in it and had tolerate not being able to do what he does best from time to time, which is to simply rush the passer.

Chris Long knows that the NE defense, and the particular style it plays, can only be very effective if all 11 players are on the same page. After all, he played in it and had tolerate not being able to do what he does best from time to time, which is to simply rush the passer.
That’s why he didn’t resign. That wasn’t for him.

Sorry but I don't agree with your perspective.
It’s not only my perspective. Bedard echoed the same sentiments with inside sources.

From 11:59 in the video below.

I listened to the Bedard video and some other beat reporters have also hinted at some discord between the coaches and players (defence). Dont know what to believe but it needs resolving.

It’s not only my perspective. Bedard echoed the same sentiments with inside sources.

From 11:59 in the video below.

Thanks for that.

IMO he's making a big leap to judgement.

Speculative on Bedard's part (which he flat out said he doesn't know why).

I really don't understand the need to go all-in on a conspiracy theory.

Bentley gets hurt.

High goes to his spot.

Collins comes in b/c he has more speed and better equipped to chase down Allen than an injured Judon. That is entirely logical.

It's a fact Judon has been suspect vs the run all year. That was before the bye. Not great at setting the edge. If he can't generate a pass rush- which he hasn't the last 5 weeks then his value goes down.

Sorry. Don't agree with the speculation. If he becomes Adalius Thomas 2.0 next year feel free to call me out on it.

Thanks for that.

IMO he's making a big leap to judgement.

Speculative on Bedard's part (which he flat out said he doesn't know why).

I really don't understand the need to go all-in on a conspiracy theory.

Bentley gets hurt.

High goes to his spot.

Collins comes in b/c he has more speed and better equipped to chase down Allen than an injured Judon. That is entirely logical.

It's a fact Judon has been suspect vs the run all year. That was before the bye. Not great at setting the edge. If he can't generate a pass rush- which he hasn't the last 5 weeks then his value goes down.

Sorry. Don't agree with the speculation. If he becomes Adalius Thomas 2.0 next year feel free to call me out on it.
It’s all speculation any way. Unless Bill comes out and say that Judon was injured or that he wasn’t buying in on what they wanted to do after the bye, it’s gonna be speculation.

You'll forgive me for not taking KVN's word for it. You want a guy who was FREE-LANCING, look at KVN. Numerous people pointed out how HE was freelancing at the beginning of the season. His Freelancing had a huge hand in the Pats losing the Dallas game. So, him "not commenting" on Judon while he was doing whatever the hell he wanted was more of protecting his own ass, imho.

I also think it was far fetched that JC took most of the Play-off game off.

I mean if the injury was that bad, Covid was the perfect excuse to sit him against Jacksonville and let him rest. Judon never appeared on the injury report at the end of the year
He did only have 10 snaps (no ST for 1st time this season), and he does have per game roster bonuses (not sure if it applies - don't know details). Reminds me of when Cam was dreadfully injured (and in massive pain) at the end of last year, but he still played. Your point, though, about his not being on the injury report at the end of the year is telling, though.

He did only have 10 snaps (no ST for 1st time this season), and he does have per game roster bonuses (not sure if it applies - don't know details). Reminds me of when Cam was dreadfully injured (and in massive pain) at the end of last year, but he still played. Your point, though, about his not being on the injury report at the end of the year is telling, though.
Injury reports are ********.

Judon was playing something like 75+% of the defensive snaps most of the season, i know talking heads brought up that he would ware down as the season progressed. Thats what i think happened to Judon, that and being injured in november or early december.

I don’t think JC gave up until a quarter into that game on Saturday. Definitely looked like a business decision or two was made the other night but honestly it is hard to blame him with a winning lotto ticket coming his was in 2 months.

Judon was playing something like 75+% of the defensive snaps most of the season, i know talking heads brought up that he would ware down as the season progressed. Thats what i think happened to Judon, that and being injured in november or early december.
I dunno. In 2019 he averaged 49 snaps a game and 2020 40. This year was 52.

It's a lot of snaps. Not sure if its too much for him.

I think he was hurt which contributed to his drop in play.

I don’t think JC gave up until a quarter into that game on Saturday. Definitely looked like a business decision or two was made the other night but honestly it is hard to blame him with a winning lotto ticket coming his was in 2 months.
If that's what he decided to do then I don't want him back.

I don't think that was the case, though. I think b/c of how Allen was shredding them he tried to do too much and got caught out of position on more than one occasion.

Seems there's a valid argument to be made for JC and Judon making business decisions. I know Judon is coming back on a huge deal, but he was NOT giving 100% by any means. The only answer is C-19 fog, or some joint injury that prevented him from changing direction. but it was super obvious with JC. I think the D knew that our O was not capable of going any further in the playoffs this year, and didn't want to risk injury - especially after MIA where a bunch of guys got banged up. The worst part is that it implies the voices of HT, DMC, Slater as rah-rah leaders don't work anymore. Time to re-boot.

If that's what he decided to do then I don't want him back.

I don't think that was the case, though. I think b/c of how Allen was shredding them he tried to do too much and got caught out of position on more than one occasion.
I thought there was some business decisions made on Jackson's part and then I was reading Andrew Callahan's film review on the Boston herald site and he said the same. There was a couple runs down the stretch where he seemed to shy away from contact and just jog toward the ball and he never has been that way in the past. No diving, just not a full effort.

Nothing egregious but didn't look like the guy we saw the last couple years.

https://twitter.com/Sports_24x7_/status/1482534672580198401

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back